ProPoints "My New Life" by 'Hello_2_Slimmer_Me'

Will eat all my dailies for rest of week and see how it goes then.

that's good to know :) hope you do get back down again before WI xxx

Tuesday 15/11/2011

Breakfast:
1x Tin, Peaches, Juice Drained - 0pp

Lunch:
WW Chicken, Tomato and Spinach Lasagne - 8pp
2x Slices, Tesco Garlic Bread (frozen) - 5pp
Broccoli - 0pp

Tea:
110g Roast Pork - 5pp
1x 205g Tin, Heinz Spaghetti Hoops - 3pp
Bubble and Squeak - 0pp
Carrots - 0pp
Sprouts - 0pp
Broccoli - 0pp
Onion - 0pp
Frylight - 0pp

Dessert:
1x WW from Heinz Chocolate Mousse Cake - 4pp

Snacks:
1x Options Hot Chocolate - 1pp
100g Tesco L/C Crumbed Ham - 3pp (i really will stop buying ham as i only seem to eat it as a snack, but must be healthier then a pack of chocolate biscuits for the same pp ! :) )
Few small bits of Fondant icing (as i had to keep checking the flavour was right) - 1pp?

i had no potato for my bubble and squeak but thought it would be just as good without it (and means no pp's in it too) :D

Total: 30pp

Last edited:
Wednesday 16/11/2011

Breakfast:
1x Tin Peaches, Juice Drained - 0pp

Lunch:
Tesco L/C Chicken Curry with Rice - 11pp
2x WW Mini Naan Bread - 6pp

Tea:
WW Beef Casserole - 7pp
1x Small Tin, Sweetcorn - 3pp
Leftover Bubble and Squeak (only veg)- 0pp

Dessert:
1x Apple Filo Parcel - 1pp
1x Apple - 0pp
Sprinkle of Sweetner - 0pp
1 Sheet Filo Pasty - 1pp
Few Sprays of Frylight - 0pp

Snacks:
Small Amount of Coffee Fondant - 1pp?

Total: 29pp

Last edited:
Hello! Sorry i havent commented on your thread for a while... looks good as always!!

I love Roast Pork but always thought it would be high in points but it didnt look that bad. I love your choice of spaghetti hoops with it though i would have some soy sauce and spices... Think im going to buy some pork when im next food shopping!!

See, you give inspiration with your diary :D

Hello! Sorry i havent commented on your thread for a while... looks good as always!!

I love Roast Pork but always thought it would be high in points but it didnt look that bad. I love your choice of spaghetti hoops with it though i would have some soy sauce and spices... Think im going to buy some pork when im next food shopping!!

See, you give inspiration with your diary :D

Thank you :D

i love pork too .... my mum brought it and i was surprised it was quite low, i think its only bad if you eat the crackling, i had about 1cm cube of it on sunday but then put the rest straight in the bin ! ...... i find it really filling so was glad mum gave me the leftovers, there was LOADS there ! ..... it did me 3 meals and my mum and Phoebe had some on sunday too ... so 5 meals in total. :) .... ohh cold meats with bubble and squeak and spaghetti is a must ! it felt like boxing day ! as thats what we always used to have on boxing day for lunch (before i left home)!, all the veg and potatoes left from xmas day get chopped up and chucked in a pan then all the left over turkey, beef and gammon ham (as thats what we usually have) gets sliced and put on a platter, a couple of tins of baked beans get heated up and a couple of tins of spaghetti then put in bowls on the table then every one gets a dollop of bubble and squeak on their plate and you help yourself to the rest ! ..... :D ... its the BEST ! :D

..... umm your soy sauce and spices sound good! ..... i was thinking about using some in a sweet and sour sauce and doing a home-made chinese but i couldn't be bothered this week, as i'm starting on my chocolates for xmas ! (i'm making coffee fondants for the 1st time so experimenting this week :) )

glad i could help :) ..... i've only got boring ready meals today as got WI tomorrow morning so need to keep to light foods today!

so curry and rice and naan bread for lunch then i will probably have either cottage pie or beef in red wine sauce for tea... or i think there is a chicken and wedges in the freezer too, probably do them with peas or sweetcorn so i use my pp's on veg rather then junk tonight ..... then will have a treat tomorrow after WI ... i really fancy steak and onion bagette (well ww petits pain as they are healthier and yummy) so might have that tomorrow as my treat :D

The steak and onion baguettes sound just mmmmmmmmmmmmm Had my mouth watering!!!

When i say pork with soy sauce and spices... i usually roast the pork with this after having marinaded it for a while. Im not a traditional roast pork fan.

Your so organised making your chocoloates for xmas! Good luck with them!

WOW!

I just wanted to say how inspiring you are i have only just started and spent all morning reading your diary!
Your menu's just show how you can eat plenty of food ( or not so much) and still lose weight.
I have a similar story me one of my best friends had a deal if we ever got married we would pick eachother as bridesmaids.. shes married and i wasnt asked to be a bridesmaid! ( yes i was shocked and upset). After speaking to some friends/family about it one reason they said it may have been because i was bigger then the other people who she had ased. Harsh but true maybe? well i never got an explination but its now giving me motivation as well as rading your diary!
I start a new job on monday and i really wanna lose weight and feel happier in myself and be confident!

Well done!

The steak and onion baguettes sound just mmmmmmmmmmmmm Had my mouth watering!!!

When i say pork with soy sauce and spices... i usually roast the pork with this after having marinaded it for a while. Im not a traditional roast pork fan.

Your so organised making your chocoloates for xmas! Good luck with them!

they did, didn't they ..... unfortunately i didn't get them though i had a WW Sweet chilli chicken and rice for 8pp instead because i was going to get the healthy eating stir fry steak strips but they didn't have them and the non healthy ones i didn't think worked out that low in pp and looked quite fatty.... and a whole steak (again no healthy eating ones) were about £4/5 ... which i thought was a lot of money as a lot of them were fat which i would have removed .... so decided to be good today and have a chinese for tea tomorrow night as my treat .... and maybe have by steak baguettes during the week or after next weeks WI.... i brought some cod in batter and some wedges for tea tonight as a treat though .... which was going to be lunch and the ready meal for tea, as i try to eat big and filling meals for lunch then a light tea, but it was 1pm before i got home (group finished at 11) but i saw someone i knew in tesco so was talking for half hour, when was working out pp's on lots of different food to decide what i wanted, then the checkouts were manic (it felt like it was a couple of days before xmas so goodness knows what they'll be like nearer xmas!) .... so by the time i got home i was starving and didn't want to wait another hour for lunch so swapped my meals round ..... so got a nice tea to look forward to tonight and tomorrow night now :D

ohhh that still sounds good! a bit like doing a honey and mustard glaze on a gammon buy a soy sauce and spices glaze on pork. :) ummmm *drool* :D

lol thanks, i have lots to make, i don't like starting them too early as they loose their freshness (although they will keep for about 3 months, if they last that long, lol) but i have to make the fondants and then also make white chocolate fudge, dark chocolate and cranberry fudge, and white chocolate and strawberry liqueur truffles .... so lots to do and only about a month to have them ready in as some need posting... so that's 1 type a week i still haven't put them all through the ww recipe builder yet but the truffles work out at 2pp each so i think the others will be about the same :D .... luckily most of them get sent to people so i cant eat too many of them! :D
.... however i am un-organised in other things as i was so busy typing these replies earlier that i looked at the clock on my computer and it said 3:05 and i had to be at the school at 3:15 to pick my daughter up, i had to quickly put my socks and shoes on and then alternated between running,jogging and fast walking and luckily just got to the school gates just as the bell went ! .... definitely shows how much difference this diet has made as i never would have been able to do that 4 months ago and still be able to breath at the end (even though it was only just about breathing,lol, but after about a minute was back to normal and also i didn't get a stitch in my side which i would have had before if i'd just run for even 1 minute!)

Last edited:
I just wanted to say how inspiring you are i have only just started and spent all morning reading your diary!
Your menu's just show how you can eat plenty of food ( or not so much) and still lose weight.
I have a similar story me one of my best friends had a deal if we ever got married we would pick eachother as bridesmaids.. shes married and i wasnt asked to be a bridesmaid! ( yes i was shocked and upset). After speaking to some friends/family about it one reason they said it may have been because i was bigger then the other people who she had ased. Harsh but true maybe? well i never got an explination but its now giving me motivation as well as rading your diary!
I start a new job on monday and i really wanna lose weight and feel happier in myself and be confident!

Well done!

ahh thank you :), Good Luck with your journey ! :) i'm so glad you found my diary helpful, its always good to know that you can help others just by telling them what you eat, both in planning meals and showing that a diet doesn't have to feel like a diet... which is why i'm loving WW!!! i still have takeaways and i still eat out and i still eat crisps and chocolate, and other then walking i don't do any "real" exercise.... and just by counting everything i eat and making sure if i want the "bad" foods that i have the pp's for them and i make them a treat rather then just because its there and i want it then actually i can loose weight without really thinking about it and feeling like i'm missing out!
the main changes i had to make was to not buy convenience pastry goods (pie's Sausage Rolls, ect) and desserts just so we had dessert every day after tea .. when in reality we didn't need it, and also to stop home cooking and to buy the portion controlled ready meals! as i was making something that would easily serve 4 adults just for me and my daughter .... now if i feel i need a bigger portion of something (like bulking up a ready meal) then i just do extra veg :)

:( ohh no that's really bad that after saying you would be there for each other that she would then not ask you. i would be really upset too. i don't think size should make a difference, at the end of the day a wedding should be about the wedding and not what the photo's will look like at the end if you have a bridesmaid who is bigger then the others. .... and if she'd asked you and you felt you wanted to loose some weight before the day then you would have had time and the motivation there ! ... she should at least have had the courtesy to explain to you why she didn't ask you! if she was a true friend i would rather she had told me straight so you could be upset but accept it, a real friend loves you for who you are not what you look like ! .... leave it to the men to be judgemental about our weight, not our girly friends! :) i only lost 1lb before my mates wedding but i only started 6 weeks before the day but that was mainly cause i couldn't afford to join WW before then and going to classes was hard because of my daughter not being at school so i had to take her with me, which wasn't really fair on others who pay to go to group too.

yep use this as your past and motivation for your future! you show her how much skinnier you are in a years time, and how fab you could have looked at her wedding if she'd asked you a year ago to be a bridesmaid and you'd started the diet for it then ! :D

kool a new job is always good to motivate you too! leave all your old eating habits at your last job and start your new one with your new healthy lifestyle ! .... i need to start looking for a job now my daughter is at school. was thinking i might try getting a temporary part time job over xmas while she's in school but need to know financially if its worth it. if not will try looking for a permanent job in the new year, but ones that fit into school times / holidays and pay enough to cover rent and bills and travel costs to get there and back are not going to be easy to find :( ... but at least it will give me more time to loose weight in before i start a job! :D

Thursday 17/11/2011

Breakfast;
1x Coco Pops Cereal Bar - 2pp

Lunch:
WW from Heinz Sweet Chilli Chicken with Rice - 8pp

Tea:
1x Youngs Extra Large Cod Fillet in Batter - 9pp
200g (Frozen Weight) McCain Salt and Pepper Wedges - 10pp
50g Heinz Tomato Ketchup - 1pp

Total: 30pp

WI Today and i lost 2.5lb again this week! :D .... even my leader commented today that i'd lost half a stone in 3 weeks :), it felt really good, as when i loose weight i look at how far it is to the next mile stone, e.g i was thinking only 0.5lb to my 15%, 2.5lb to my next 1/2 stone .... because in my head the other 2 weeks losses were towards my 2 stone loss that i reached last week, so they didn't count anymore :) ..... i didn't think to ignore the milestones and just look backwards over the last few weeks ....i tend to only do it if i've had a gain as i then look at the month as a whole so i can put a small gain into perspective against how much i've lost! and show myself that overall its nothing, and if i wasn't on this diet my gains would be a lot bigger and would be every week ! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments what you say makes sense, no point eating for comfort anymore! A new start all round!

Congrats on your latest weight loss! I'm the same when it comes to cooking meals So think I'm gonna have some ready meals and loads of veg to hand!

I have found the special k bars great for a chocolate/fruity fix for 2 PTS and my mum has recommended the choc orange Alpen light bars if you break them into quarters flatten between 2 spoons and bake in the oven they go like cookies so I'm gonna try that as 4 cookies for 2 points!

I read your food diary but you don't seem to put drinks apart from your late options hot choc, what do you drink the rest of the day? Oh and with sweeteners etc do they have a point value?

Thanks for your comments what you say makes sense, no point eating for comfort anymore! A new start all round!

Congrats on your latest weight loss! I'm the same when it comes to cooking meals So think I'm gonna have some ready meals and loads of veg to hand!

I have found the special k bars great for a chocolate/fruity fix for 2 PTS and my mum has recommended the choc orange Alpen light bars if you break them into quarters flatten between 2 spoons and bake in the oven they go like cookies so I'm gonna try that as 4 cookies for 2 points!

I read your food diary but you don't seem to put drinks apart from your late options hot choc, what do you drink the rest of the day? Oh and with sweeteners etc do they have a point value?

kool sounds good :)

ohh those cookies sound a yummy idea! i might have to try them ! :)

lol i usually drink water, sugar free orange squash and diet coke so i don't record them as they don't need counting, and i never measure what i drink :)

nope artificial sweetener is 0pp so you can sweeten to your hearts content :)

Oh perfect about the sweetener as I like a cuppa to take away my sweet craving!

I had worked out that I get 34 dilly points but I have read that this could be wrong
I'm 26 5feet4 and weigh 15 stone 3? Do you think that sounds right. I had also worked out my friends who is also female 35 5feet8 and 22stone 11 I worked out at 54 can't seem to find which calculator I used now :(

Thank you!

Oh perfect about the sweetener as I like a cuppa to take away my sweet craving!

I had worked out that I get 34 dilly points but I have read that this could be wrong
I'm 26 5feet4 and weigh 15 stone 3? Do you think that sounds right. I had also worked out my friends who is also female 35 5feet8 and 22stone 11 I worked out at 54 can't seem to find which calculator I used now :(

Thank you!

hehe a whole cup of sweetner :) ..... i know you mean a sweetened cup of tea, ect but at this time of night i need to read things a few times, lol :)

using the calculator link nemesis posted i make yours 34 (same as you) but your friends 49 .... but i have no idea, i go to group so i was told what i was on. :)

Thanks both of you I think that's the one I used the first time and worked out how my friend was 51 not 49..... I never changed her age hahahaha she said she wished she was 26! Mystery over!

Well the weekend is here and work on Monday, making the most of the weekend! Shopping!

What are you guys up to? Hope you all have a good one!

Jo x

kool glad you sorted it :) .... i tried to look on e-source but cant as its down for maintenance :( ..... grrrr ..... there was a few things i wanted to look up on there and i know i will have forgotten what they were by the morning !

woooo weekend :D ..... kool shopping is good, a fun way to loose weight while having fun :D ... hope you have a great time! :)

i'm seeing my mum tomorrow, going to go and buy me some walking boots (hopefully) in the morning then we are going for a walk through some woods somewhere ...taking some WW friendly sandwiches for lunch.... then we'll go back to hers for a healthy WW friendly tea (as we have both used most of our weekly's now ... well i thought i had but after guessing the pp in my chinese i had for tea i don't think i've actually used that many)

then on sunday i will see my dad, so we will go and get some grocery shopping and go out for dinner somewhere then i will have a healthy ready meal for my tea :)

Friday 18/11/2011

Breakfast:
none :( i was too busy doing school run, then going for my walk, then tesco, then home, then coating some of my fondants in chocolate and making some Pudsey bear chocolates for my daughter and some of her school friends ......
...... so technically i had about 1tsp worth of dark chocolate as i licked my fingers when i'd finished and they were really chocolaty :)

Lunch:
WW Tomato & Basil Chicken with Wedges - 7pp

Tea
CHINESE TAKEAWAY! :)

Sweet and Sour Chicken in Batter ... i think i had 9 as there was 3 left and i think there is usually 12 in a bag ..... and i only dip them in the sauce so about 1/4 of the sauce? 20pp
Whole Tray of Pork Chop Suey .... haven't found any pp's for this but have said 12pp as that's approx what a tray of veg chow mein would be and there is no way this can be more baring in mind it's nearly all beansprouts which are 0pp! - 12pp
1 Tbsp Stir Fry Chow Mein (don't think i even had 1/4 of the dish) - 3pp

Total: 42pp
30 Daily
12 Weekly

thought the chinese would use up nearly all my weekly pp's so surprised when i worked it out that i've barely touched them (if my guesses are right), so i've still got a few for the weekend if i need them ... but won't use too many just incase i've badly underestimated the pp's in my chinese! :D

All that food yet not as many points as i had expected!!!

Hope you enjoyed your chinese, made my mouth water!! :)

I love walking in forests and wooded areas, so peaceful!! I'm planning on doing that on Monday!

I had weigh in today and over the last 2 weeks i have lost 5.5lbs so that's 10lbs in the last 5 weeks... which is 10% of my target weight loss. I was a very happy bunny. I tried explaining to my mum my system but she couldn't understand how people lose weight eating ready meals! I should make her read your diary even though she doesnt need to lose any weight :)

Anyway have a great weekend Guys x

Back