my new love affair with dukan ... i hope it lasts !!

charly1979

Silver Member
firstly i will say ... hello
secondly i waill say ... wow have you guys tried the dukan diet, i am amazed!
Right i will begin at the beginning and tell you what has happend.

i am 32 i am 5 ft 2 " and have always struggled with my weight. it has varied from about 7 stone (4.45 kilo)in my early 20's (im sure i had an eating disorder, i hardly ate) all the way up to now where i was 12 stones 4 lb (78.74 kilo) i have tried a whole variety of diets but for this reason or that reason could never stick to them.

2 weeks ago after a whole month of reading about the dukan, with the same vigour as i usually do before starting a new diet praying this will be the one that works (lol) i decided to give it a shot.
So off to the shops i went, and home i came with lots of meat for my first five days of the attack phase.
I decided not to continously weigh myself during this phase as going up anjd down would lead me to continuously scrutinise myself and everything i was eating. i decided to just roll with it!

Day one and i was expecting it to be excruciating, however much to my surprise it wasnt that bad. the same thing happened on day two, and so on and so forth. there was a few side affects like my breath smelt rank and i needed to wee a lot, but this had been highlighted in the book and so i had prepared myself with sugarfree gum ect.

At the end day i hopped on the scales full of excitement and hope as you do with the first scales visit on any diet.
Peering down to my toes and looking at the numbers change ... i honestly thought the scales had broke. so i re-weighed myself, and again. i even went into town to use the scales at my local boots pharmacy and they gave the same reading,
which to my surprise was .. 11 stones 2lb (71.1 kilo) i must admit i felt like i had lost weight but i couldn't believe it i am so excited, i keep telling every one i know, this diet is amazing. i love it i dont feel hungry, i enjoy the food ok so the attack phase is a little limited but hey it wasn't bad.

so now im on the cruise phase and into week 2 i am loving everything so far will keep you informed on my weight loss journey.
after every weigh in i will post on here to let you know how its going. and inbetween with recipes and my mad ideas or dramas that i have.

........fingers crossed me and dukan become lifelong partners eh?

firstly i will say ... hello
secondly i waill say ... wow have you guys tried the dukan diet, i am amazed!
Right i will begin at the beginning and tell you what has happend.

i am 32 i am 5 ft 2 " and have always struggled with my weight. it has varied from about 7 stone (4.45 kilo)in my early 20's (im sure i had an eating disorder, i hardly ate) all the way up to now where i was 12 stones 4 lb (78.74 kilo) i have tried a whole variety of diets but for this reason or that reason could never stick to them.

2 weeks ago after a whole month of reading about the dukan, with the same vigour as i usually do before starting a new diet praying this will be the one that works (lol) i decided to give it a shot.
So off to the shops i went, and home i came with lots of meat for my first five days of the attack phase.
I decided not to continously weigh myself during this phase as going up anjd down would lead me to continuously scrutinise myself and everything i was eating. i decided to just roll with it!

Day one and i was expecting it to be excruciating, however much to my surprise it wasnt that bad. the same thing happened on day two, and so on and so forth. there was a few side affects like my breath smelt rank and i needed to wee a lot, but this had been highlighted in the book and so i had prepared myself with sugarfree gum ect.

At the end day i hopped on the scales full of excitement and hope as you do with the first scales visit on any diet.
Peering down to my toes and looking at the numbers change ... i honestly thought the scales had broke. so i re-weighed myself, and again. i even went into town to use the scales at my local boots pharmacy and they gave the same reading,
which to my surprise was .. 11 stones 2lb (71.1 kilo) i must admit i felt like i had lost weight but i couldn't believe it i am so excited, i keep telling every one i know, this diet is amazing. i love it i dont feel hungry, i enjoy the food ok so the attack phase is a little limited but hey it wasn't bad.

so now im on the cruise phase and into week 2 i am loving everything so far will keep you informed on my weight loss journey.
after every weigh in i will post on here to let you know how its going. and inbetween with recipes and my mad ideas or dramas that i have.

........fingers crossed me and dukan become lifelong partners eh?

Well done!!!!

Wow well done, thats really good. Like trini I lost 6.8lb my first week. I did weigh every day but it was because i couldn't believe it would work for me as I never felt hungry. I didn't actually crave veg either, but I did enjoy a very nice/big salad on day 1 of the cruise LOL.

two more days on cruise for me and we'll see.

Keep it up, well done x

Fab loss well done x

hi everyone !!
thanks for the post i wasn't expecting anyone to care, so i was very happily surprised when i came on and saw you guys had! Thanks for the support!
since i weighed myself i have been so motivated and now that i am back at work i am finding this diet so easy to fit in with my life.
Others have started to notice now as well people who when i first said i was going on the dukan diet and explained it to them slammed it saying it was not good for you ect ect .. well now they are paying attenttion! especially seen as i am not hungry or struggling and i am already having a noticable change to my body. if im honest i love it! i really believe i will finish this diet and get to my true weight and not just get there but actually maintain it as well. its amazing!!

other than my diet there isnt much that i like going on in my life, i left my partner of 12 years about a month ago ( he has always been violent and controlling to me, ive left before but never had the strength to pull myself through it and before i always left because he wasnted me to .. this time it was because i wanted to ..SHOCK HORROR ) and i am living with my mum (grrrr) both my children are here with me and i dont know if perhaps this is why im doing so well on my diet as its the only thing that i can control in my life at the moment. we have had to move over 300 miles away so we can have a roof over our heads. i am saving money like crazy so that i can get me and my boys a place bk home, so its all go go go. ive had to enrol the kids in a new school and get a new job and everything is so scary if im honest. being strong 24/7 is hard too but hey its the job you have as a mum isnt it?

Im lucky though as i have a fantastic family support system around me. I just miss my sister who i am very close too and i had to leave behind when i came here. Thats probably the main reason why i want to get back so badly. But i am determind to turn my life around and become the person i always wanted to be and i see this year as my time to shine...im so looking forward to it!!!!

Sounds like you've been through an awful lot Charly. I went through a similar relationship for eleven years and eventually managed to end it seven years ago. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner and that I wasted some of the best years of my and my son's life with that dreadful man. Since then I spent quite a long time pretty much on my own, being cautious about who I would get involved with, then a couple of years ago, I went out with someone I vaguely knew, thinking it would be just a bit of fun. A little over two years later and I am a very happy lady. Guess things work out for the best most of the time.

Stay strong and focused. And well done for making that step into a brighter future. Love x

xxx

Last edited:
You two will bring me to tears :-(

You are both strong and beautiful individuals and we will all toasting each other's success soon.

Charly, us Dukanettes always care about one another, it's what makes us a team. #TeamDukan

:grouphugg:

hi guys! yes it makes me sad too ... but also stonger, more determind and probably stands me in good stead to do this diet!
living with my mum here in cornwall is probably a good thing too (ok its not where i really want to be) it is such a beautiful place that it helps to soothe the mind even if all we have had weather wise for the last month has been continuos rain (GRRRR).

Its nice to know that people on here do care, and have even been through what i have and come out of it on the otherside feeling better about themselves! i have left it too long and wasted so many years, but that also helps with the weight loss as im determind not to waste anymore of my life, not with the horrible oaf i spent too long with (a much nicer name than i usually call him) and too long hating myself and my body!

i love reading you guys storys and comments it keeps me so focused!!

thanks everyone! its nice to know there a re people who care out there and also who have been through the same and come out the other side.
im not sure why but i keep trying to reply to the thread and nothing is happening? probably bnraeaking the rules somehow!! x
either that or all 3 posts will pop up at the same time! never mind i do love repeating myself ... i have children after all. ahhh i just read the rules and it says no text speak and i have to say i am a little bit addicted to doing that so hopefully that is the reason, this could be good for me actually help me to break the habit! looks like ive been breaking a few habits recently i dont know whats happening to me perhaps im having some kind of early mid life crisis (well i hope its early). when are you mid life? who knows? i've wasted so much of mine already i am determind i'm not there yet.

thanks guys i will keep you all posted of my progress!!
am loving following yours too x

xxx

Last edited:
xxx

Last edited:
wow you have had a crap time and well done you for finding the strength to become you again and leave. take it one day at a time and keep yourself focused on the future.

you go girl!!!! x

Awwwwww Charly what a big thing to share with us, as hippychick said I too have been in that kind of relationship in the past & my only regret was the amount of time it took for me to get out but when you are in it you can't see the bigger picture.

You are very strong, you've proved that already & at times of weakness which we all have your boys will see you through.

A new start & a new you !!!! Onwards & downwards (weight wise :))

You can do it & we are all here if ever you need to let off steam xxxx

hi again guys well one good thing about the repeated post is i got my avatar up a little bit quicker! well i weighed my self today, think officially its supposed to be tomorrow but i couldn't resist ... i know i know tut tut tut, but i wanted to know and the outcome was i've lost a pound yay! to be honest i wasn't expecting a great deal as i shifted so much last week but the fact my weight is still going down and not up is a bonus, i'm well happy with that, so as a treat i've brought a hair dye and a new mascara which i feel a little bit naughty for because as you know i am supposed to be saving. It's so strange as well when your not used to spoiling yourself how guilty you feel when you do treat yourself isn't it? so i've decided that everytime my weight goes down, a couple of £'s spent on myself will not hurt. it will help me in the long run. anyway just wanted to tell you lot about how its been going, i'm going to eat a boiled egg now see ya. x

I weigh myself every day! I think Dr Dukan recommends it in the book. Well done on already losing so much, you definitely deserved a treat! :)

well done on the early results. how did the official wi go?

Well done the loss, what is the official verdict ?

Don't feel bad about treating yourself, you are doing really well. In the past I would have rewarded myself with food, thinking I've lost .... so I can have a bar of chocolate as a treat, now for every 7lb I lose I buy myself a Panadora bead for my bracelet. Anyway a new you is emerging & you have to look your best, losing weight & taking care of yourself is a big part of gaining your self esteem & confidence back hun x

I weigh myself every day! I think Dr Dukan recommends it in the book. Well done on already losing so much, you definitely deserved a treat! :)

i know i should do it everyday but i dont want to become obsessed and start analyzing everything , and i do do that!!

Back