my new love affair with dukan ... i hope it lasts !!

hi everyone yeah everything is going fine and well hardly any sun except yesterday it came out to play for a couple of hours mind you back to good old rain again today! what is going on with the British weather this year??
looks like its cleared up a bit now though so i may venture out for a little walk to the beach, be rude not to really.
The diet is going well, had a bit of a moment yesterday though i babysat for my brothers children, who i had to cook for (ARRGGHH) made up a whole batch of sausages they looked well lush and very greasy i thought to myself ahh one wont hurt ... yes it will! so walked out of the room went back later same thing did this 3 times it was so bad picked up the sausage and touched my lips with it, then thought no ive come this far why cheat now cos im only cheating myself.
what a turn around this has never happend before, im not saying that in the future i will never cheat but this i didnt i was so pleased with myself.
Something strange must have been going on in my head yesterday because i went to bed last night and dreamed about eating a TUC biscuit lol (they aren't even my favorite biscuits) and smoking a cigarette. how funny! so i put a lil spoonful of coco (tescos reduced fat) into my gallette this morning to brighten it up a little. also think im going to have a stroll around the recepie post today see what i can rustle up for lunch.

We got the banks of the river mersey and the manchester ship canal!, not quite in the same class lol

i bet its still lovely to look at though. xx

Am jealous Charly, would love a beach to walk along, I hate walking without a destination and at least with the beach you're working your calves as well cos of the hard going on the sand LOL. I need to get myself into a routine and just do it. Walk to the end of the street amd back maybe, or just think of a way to walk for so long and turn back :D

my friends mum who did this diet used to jump into hetr car and drive somewhere to have a walk so she had something nice to look at and also so her neighbours didnt watch her walking up and down her road! bless her x

How you doing Charly ? I hope the weather is better than it has been up here !

lol still raining here, mind you at least its not as bad as devon with the floods they look awful xxx

on a plus note guys had a little look around and found this cheese its 5% fat ...is it too good to be true???

Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs - UK - Shop

i think im going to order some!!! its a little pricey for cheese but it is a treat item!

I know how you feel, charly, I had biscuit dreams in my first few weeks, even though I don't usually eat them. And I still dream that I am smoking, 8 years after quitting!

I am very jealous of your beach. Me and OH had a lovely holiday in Cornwall a few years ago and did some lovely hikes on the coastal path. Would love to go back one day.

I've not dreamt of food yet, though I have coveted the chips LOL

yeah am so hungry today so i have eaten like a horse .... chicken chicken chicken think ive eaten like a million chickens and even funnier while i'm eating them i'm looking out my mums conservatory window at her chickens, lol! a minute ago ate a whole plate of cold chicken with some pickled onions with a knife and fork so i dont get my laptop keys all greasy .. i hate that.
also my jeans feel a little bit looser especially around the bottom but i don't know if this is just me i feel fatter than last week but my clothes don't fit so i must be skinnier. must be a mental thing probably cos its weigh day tomorrow fingers crossed guys i've managed a whole week this time! i hope i have got down to into the 10stones, but i doubt it. anyway i wont hold my breath (but out of habit i might breathe in)
i'll let you guys know of the results after i've been shopping about lunch time xxxx wish me luck xxx

Goodluck!!!!!!! I know how you feel about the chicken, I have been so hungry the last two days I feel like I could eat a whole cow!!

oooooh good luck for your WI, im sure you will have shifted some poundage! Cx

Good luck for weigh in x

crossing fingers, thumbs and everything else for you, charly! But remember, don't panic or be too upset if you don't see as big a result (this is week 2, right?). feeling bloated is most likely due to totm, and your clothes are really the best sign that your body is changing.

and i wanted to say round of applause for the sausage incident! one of the things i love about dukan is that i feel in control again: i can look at food or watch other people eating and not feel like joining in, and not completely at the mercy of cravings. it might seem like a small thing, but it's given me a lot of confidence which overflows into all areas of my life.

good luck,

Cx

i left my partner of 12 years about a month ago ( he has always been violent and controlling to me, ive left before but never had the strength to pull myself through it and before i always left because he wasnted me to .. this time it was because i wanted to ..SHOCK HORROR ) and i am living with my mum (grrrr) both my children are here with me and i dont know if perhaps this is why im doing so well on my diet as its the only thing that i can control in my life at the moment. we have had to move over 300 miles away so we can have a roof over our heads. i am saving money like crazy so that i can get me and my boys a place bk home, so its all go go go. ive had to enrol the kids in a new school and get a new job and everything is so scary if im honest. being strong 24/7 is hard too but hey its the job you have as a mum isnt it?

Im lucky though as i have a fantastic family support system around me. I just miss my sister who i am very close too and i had to leave behind when i came here. Thats probably the main reason why i want to get back so badly. But i am determind to turn my life around and become the person i always wanted to be and i see this year as my time to shine...im so looking forward to it!!!!

Good on you girl, you're worth more than abuse from a coward of a man. Life WILL get better for you and your sons and you WILL get stronger and happier.

Much love
P xx

hip hip hooray im now 10 stone 12lb thats a 3lb loss im in such a good mood, and to top it all off i've got spicy meatballs for tea ....yum yum! xxxx

OMG just noticed lost more than 10% of my body wieght ... i love this way of eating, its such a brilliant lifestyle choice xxx

Last edited:
Good on you girl, you're worth more than abuse from a coward of a man. Life WILL get better for you and your sons and you WILL get stronger and happier.

Much love
P xx

thankyou so much, i am getting there slowly but feel so much stronger as a person because of it. My children keep me focused, feel silly i put up with it for so long, but i know this time is the right time. My life is coming together so well i know that you are right me and my kids life will be so much better because of it! xxx

We all love a spicy meatball! :D

P x

i know they are addictive lol especially after my turn out yesterday i ate so much chicken i am surprised i didnt lay an egg!!

Fabulous loss Charly, well done & for losing more than 10% !!!! Woooohoooooo :happy036:

hip hip hooray im now 10 stone 12lb thats a 3lb loss im in such a good mood, and to top it all off i've got spicy meatballs for tea ....yum yum! xxxx

OMG just noticed lost more than 10% of my body wieght ... i love this way of eating, its such a brilliant lifestyle choice xxx

Well done Charly! A love affair is okay, as long as it involves Dukan ;)

wow well done charly, good for you.

Back