my new love affair with dukan ... i hope it lasts !!

well done on the early results. how did the official wi go?
do you know ive been at work today so i haven't got on the scales, i think i might have to start weighing daily!! grrr too many choices (like a kid in a sweet shop ... why does it always come back to food with me i am obsessed) lol will take that as this weeks weight i think then weigh again next week on Wednesday. sorry im crazy it is a problem i find difficult to come to terms with. lol xx

Well done the loss, what is the official verdict ?

Don't feel bad about treating yourself, you are doing really well. In the past I would have rewarded myself with food, thinking I've lost .... so I can have a bar of chocolate as a treat, now for every 7lb I lose I buy myself a Panadora bead for my bracelet. Anyway a new you is emerging & you have to look your best, losing weight & taking care of yourself is a big part of gaining your self esteem & confidence back hun x

do you know what i was exactly the same always running to something food related as a treat. and your right about the new me emerging it is a wonderful feeling igot a few compliments at work today too (blush) which made me realise its becoming noticeable on the outside!

and on another point ... i love Pandora, some of the beads are amazing i like looking at the really expensive ones on-line. just noticed your goals think i might have to make a few of them myself to break up the battle. xx

right i know this is a little wierd to share but wondered if anyone else has experianced this on here!
2 days ago i started my period (TOTM) and its wierd because i am like 2 and a half weeks early and sooooo heavy and this is really really unusual for me. my periods have been the same for most of my life except when i am pregnant (obviously)
so had a thought earlier that perhaps this diet was something to do with it! is everything ok? or am i just putting two and two together and coming up with 6?
too scared to google it incase its something bad as i dont want to come off this diet i love it so much!

also just in case its something else i am on the implant implanon (the thing that goes under your skin in your arm) for birth control, i can have it removed (its not like im getting any anyway. lol)

You've been under so much stress recently I'm not surprised your TOTM is a bit different to normal. Its gone the other way for me. If you worried you could ring NHS direct, I'm sure they'd put your mind to rest straight away.

I had my TOTM last week, my first cruise week and it was a normal one, started normally too. Maybe its the stress hun, if it carries on being early get it checked out hun x

I get weighed every morning as per Dr D book. But I was seriously thinking of only doing it after a PP day, but cant resist the scales. Definately an incentive though because the scales weren't friendly this morning so I have tried extra hard today.

hmmm yeah i think perhaps your right i have so much going on! just spoke to my mum about it all! thats the nice thing about living here i get to have some mum n daughter time (bad point is we do each others heads in lol) she said to give my self some time, thing is i want to run at everything full speed but i dont want to waste another second!
i hope it is ok, well if anyone else knows any other reason other than me being a mentalist as to why its happening then let me know.
thanks again guys

right i got this from googling ... i couldnt resist (used to be food i couldnt resist)
estrogen is stored in our fat. when we loose weight fast normally by going ketonic due to a low carb diet (ie dukan) the the estrogen is released back into our system therefore jump starting a period (how odd) there is absolutly nothing to worry about unless you bleed constantly for a prolonged period in which case see a doctor. (but how long is prolonged)?
oh well im not too worried. just a case of waiting and seeing.
what i did find strange was this most of the people on the internet who had posted about the same thing happening to them (some have put up with it for months) have mainly all been on the implanon or the depo shot/jab (which is the same as the implant but just injected into thier bodys instead of in a device under the skin. odd dont you think?

Wait and see and deffo no more googling, I don't know about you but I terrify myself every time I do it lol...

oh my god lol! yes i know exactly what you mean.
we tease my sister she googles every little ache and pain. i dont know where you are from but if its uk have you seen the boots advert where the woman is googling her illness and says she is in a coma!! we say thats my sister lol. des make us chukkle

Last edited:
right i got this from googling ... i couldnt resist (used to be food i couldnt resist)
estrogen is stored in our fat. when we loose weight fast normally by going ketonic due to a low carb diet (ie dukan) the the estrogen is released back into our system therefore jump starting a period (how odd) there is absolutly nothing to worry about unless you bleed constantly for a prolonged period in which case see a doctor. (but how long is prolonged)?
oh well im not too worried. just a case of waiting and seeing.
what i did find strange was this most of the people on the internet who had posted about the same thing happening to them (some have put up with it for months) have mainly all been on the implanon or the depo shot/jab (which is the same as the implant but just injected into thier bodys instead of in a device under the skin. odd dont you think?

Hi Charly,

I had my implant put in in Feb. I had one period in March and none until I started Dukan.

The period lasted for about 10 days and wasn't heavy at all, more drib drab days than anything.

I didn't go to the Dr in case he said I should stop doing the diet but it stopped as of Friday.

Being on the implant, I was told to expect unusal activity period-wise for the first year, so I don't know why mine lasted for that amount of time. :eek:

Hi Charly,

I had my implant put in in Feb. I had one period in March and none until I started Dukan.

The period lasted for about 10 days and wasn't heavy at all, more drib drab days than anything.

I didn't go to the Dr in case he said I should stop doing the diet but it stopped as of Friday.

Being on the implant, I was told to expect unusal activity period-wise for the first year, so I don't know why mine lasted for that amount of time. :eek:

its strange isnt it ive had my implant in for 5 years well this is my second implant and the total time of both of them is five years (the same age as my youngest child .. imagine that) oh well fingers crossed it will be ok with me. i do love this diet so much that if i have to choose the implant is coming out i have so much going on in my life at the moment as you guys are aware, and sex is totally off the agenda anyway, so me thinks if it is a hassle then thats the route im taking.
what i do like thinking about though it just goes to prove you are what you eat. and if loosing fat makes me have a early and weird period then im looking at it like this ... its a visual way of shedding those horrendous fat molecules.

Hmmmmm the posts on you having your period early have made for interesting reading, i'm on the mni & haven't had a proper period for a few years. the other week i did have a bit of a show which really was next to nothing but its interesting to read what you found by googling it

Hmmmmm the posts on you having your period early have made for interesting reading, i'm on the mni & haven't had a proper period for a few years. the other week i did have a bit of a show which really was next to nothing but its interesting to read what you found by googling it

i kno strange right! have found a few other threads on here about it too mostly with another diet thats low carbits called slim and something cannot remember ill find out tho lol.

i kno strange right! have found a few other threads on here about it too mostly with another diet thats low carbits called slim and something cannot remember ill find out tho lol.

slim and save! had never even heard of it before.

well everything is still pretty much the same, still loving the diet still loving my new attitude still TOTM (grrr).
enjoyed my day off today went and had a nose around Face book caught up with some old friends which was nice. but the rain poured down here in sunny cornwall ,lol so i didnt have much choice i cannot wait till the sun comes out and i can make the most out of the beautiful beaches they have here! they really are amazing you know!

Am jealous Charly, would love a beach to walk along, I hate walking without a destination and at least with the beach you're working your calves as well cos of the hard going on the sand LOL. I need to get myself into a routine and just do it. Walk to the end of the street amd back maybe, or just think of a way to walk for so long and turn back :D

How you doing Charly ? I hope the weather is better than it has been up here !

well everything is still pretty much the same, still loving the diet still loving my new attitude still TOTM (grrr).
enjoyed my day off today went and had a nose around Face book caught up with some old friends which was nice. but the rain poured down here in sunny cornwall ,lol so i didnt have much choice i cannot wait till the sun comes out and i can make the most out of the beautiful beaches they have here! they really are amazing you know!

We got the banks of the river mersey and the manchester ship canal!, not quite in the same class lol

The sun?? In Cornwall??? Hope you're not expecting it anytime soon Charly :sigh:

Back