My new trainers.......

flabbybumbum

On a mission
.......gave me blisters:(
Just returned from a walk that I had to cut short because the nike trainers I treated myself to have given me blisters. Suppose it's back to the battered old pair for a while:sigh:
How can I stop it happening again? I'm really motivated at the moment, I can't do much in the way of exercise, being so big, but walking I can do. Having suffered from a bad back over the years, thought I'd be sensible and get a really supportive pair of trainers - and now I can't wear them!
Oh, :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
Ok, I'll stop now!

I know how you feel, i too fall victim of buying new trainers or walking boots and go for it only to later find i have no skin on my ankles.

Best advice is to just wear them a bit and break them in. Walking is great and a good choice for starting out on an exercise regime, as daft as it sounds i have gone from running to walking but then i do walk up hills!

Good luck on the weight loss and SW is in my opinion is the best choice as its more healthy eating rather than a diet.

Unfortunately the only way to wear them in gently, wear them around the house first, then short walks outside and break them in that way and build up the mileage. Good luck with the walking and SW - I do SW - love it love it love it

Thanks both for your advice! x

I was told it is always better to buy trainers half a size bigger than your normal shoe size, dont remember why but I always do this and have no problems breaking in a new pair.

I was told it is always better to buy trainers half a size bigger than your normal shoe size, dont remember why but I always do this and have no problems breaking in a new pair.
They are a 9 and I'm a 8.5 ?:(
Gave them another try today, just round tesco's LOL! But I think I need to let my blister recover before another attempt!
Cheers everyone x

Back