My pack has at last arrived !!!

cheers toots - and welcome kina!
sure you will have great success on exante. The forum is fab for tips and hints to help you on your way to slimness! as for drinks - I am not a great water drinker either, but you really need to drink your couple of litres a day as the weighht loss can deplete your salts and minerals and you could become dehydrated (headaches,painful legs,dizziness etc). A lovely forum member told me to avoid diet coke and drinks with citric acid added. diet coke zero and diet dr peppers is apparently fine. I still drink earl grey tea- no milk, and black coffee with splenda - no milk.
As far as the shakes are concerned, some add splenda to them as you will find they are not so sweet, but I find them ok. Some also add 1tsp of coffee with a little hot water in (to dissolve the granules) to the vanilla shakes to add another flavour to the four we have. Some have their choc shake hot also. The soups are ok - a fab tip I was given was to add chilli flakes to the thai chicken, 1tsp curry powder to the tomato and basil and really blend them as I have found them to be a bit lumpy sometimes!!
Just take a day at a time, the worst days I found were days 3 and 4 then my hunger just went......;)
Best wishes on your journey - it can be done and you'll get lots of support here at the forum from people going through exactly what you are.
heidi x :D

Day 11...going strong!!

Hi all
Day 11 and still hanging in there!!;)
Was on a short shift today so didn't need to bother about lunch or anything. I am finding lunchtimes hard as people think you have some sort of eating disorder/hangup when they see you having only a cup of soup...anyway, ordered my next months supply of shakes/soups/bars and some extra bars as I sometimes like a crafty half bar in the evening. What a devil, eh??!!
Feel really good - desperate to weigh myself (weigh-in no 2 on thursday) and I am hoping for a good 2-3lbs off. Here's hoping.
Hope you are all doing ok.

heidi xx

I weigh in on Wednesday and I'm very excited! I'm a serial scale hopper so I have a clue what the scales are going to show, I'm just looking forward to updating my ticker lol.

I've managed TS 100% so far which is only because my OH is doing Exante too. If I was doing this alone I'd probably have ordered a pizza two days ago :eek:

Day 13 and the big weigh in tomorrow. I have behaved like a nun and been so good that I almost feel smug (but not quite). Lets see what happens tomorrow..... Hope I have lost.....
Work has been crazy busy and I think that has helped me stay focused and not think about food. In the hospital where I work, the new cafe has opened and they are doing panninis, toasties, nice soup etc.............mmmmm. Esp if you are feeling rubbishy and sorry for your self. However I have smelt but not eaten and have stuck religiously to the plan as I am just a bit desperate to shift the flab.
I am away tomorrow and back friday on a work thing and will need to plan how and where to eat my packs. Need to avoid the finger buffet and just sip my mineral water. hmmm. Do you think I could get away with a gin and slimline tonic?? Would that do much damage?? Will also need to avoid the full english in the morning....and just have coffee. Not much fun when you are not at home is it??

Heidi-s, I hope you have a fab weigh in. Certainly sounds like you deserve it! :)

come on...i want to see your w/i result! imagine being so selfish not to be straight online to tell minimins all about it ;) hehe x

plus gin = NO! alcohol can be dangerous when in ketosis, some people on here have blipped with wine and are okay but it's a risk. not worth it. x

weigh-in today

4lbs off!!!!!!! thats 12lb in two weeks.
Deeeeeeelighted!!!!!:D
Ok. will stick to the slimline only - no gin for me.
Overnight away has been cancelled so at home now (weather really bad). Sitting watching eastenders that I had recorded with my lumpy veg soup. bliss!!
heidi x

well done!! you'll be at goal in no time at all the way youre going!!
its rotten in aberdeen today too. ick! i did my hair and make up before i went out and looked semi presentable, after being outside not so much! haha x

thank you all - you are all fab giving me so much encouragement-I'm rooting for for you all. We'll all get there.
Anyone going to watch idiot abroad tonight? - reminds me of me when I'm abroad.....I'm a home bird, really and when I'm on holiday, just want to go home! Strange, eh?!

xxx

I'm sure it will be repeated during the week!! It was really funny though:D
Weather up here has been really bad - constant rain. At least it is dry this morning - and it is Saturday tomorrow !!!
Got new pack yesterday which will keep me going for another month.
Feeling kinda hungry at the moment (and it's only 0900....) think it def has to do with where you are in the month and hormones...usually I'm fine, but the past few days I have been prowling for food (but not eating any). Hope it passes soon.

i caught the last half when i got home from workshop last night, it was hilaaarious!! :D

weathers been the same in aberdeen (expected i suppose on account of us being fairly close :)) but i cant be arsed going out today lol so won't make the most of the nice day. just want a quiet day in doing nothing at all. got a friends birthday tonight and a wedding reception tomorrow, eesh i could pick better times for a vlcd restart, nevertheless, must get there! when i get a new pack i'm 100% going shakes only, i dunno why i took soups etc as i dont like soup at the best of times. can't even face trying most of the flavours! x

I've been baaaaaaaad!!!

oh dear. oh dear oh dear oh dear......
I have been really bad.
What started of as a fri evening treat run into a weekend marathon of food.
Pizza, choc, scones, butteries the list goes on. Chinese, sticky toffee pud, muffins....tablet....oh dear.
Then, something happened on Sunday. I didn't feel so good. I had the worst gut ache ever and started having reflux and pain upper right abdo (under my ribs). Was really sick and felt terrible. I was bringing up massive amounts of acid, which has never happened before either.
My guts ached so much that I was actually looking forward to getting back on plan....day one and I am feeling fine again.
feel utterly terrified that I will never be able to eat properly again - however, is eating that lot normal????....
So, back to day one after all that hard work. What an idiot.:cry:

Back