My Peachy LT Diary!

Ha Peachy ! .....told ya ! :D

Capitalise on that extra energy Lou, swimming will be an excellent way for you to work those muscles without putting a strain on the joints.

I can understand your worry about your feet but as far as age, weight and a previously sedentary lifestyle go.....

I started the C25K aged 51, weighing 17st 2lbs and never having so much as run for a bus since I left school. It used to make me feel awful when my kids pleaded with me to enter the parents' race on sports day but I was utterly convinced that I could never run. Now I'm up and out of the house by 7a.m. on Tue, Thu and Saturday and by 7:45 I've run 3.5 km.

Sometimes the biggest weight holding us back is not round our tummies, it's in our heads ;)

Dx

OK guys, I need an exercise fix lol Dee can I have the C25K link again please? Peach... can you believe I'm still not back in the pool yet? I'm at target weight yet still feel awkward about being in my cossie! I'm dead impressed with your swim times. I sooo need to get back in the water again. Maybe a new Speedo is needed :) Have even thought about the waterproof mp3 player so I can do some lengths to some music/inspirational stuff :) Finding it hard to shake off these Jan blues though .... I noticed you've had a hard time but then good things happened once your exercise started. Anyway, maybe this running programme might do the trick xx

OK guys, I need an exercise fix lol Dee can I have the C25K link again please? Peach... can you believe I'm still not back in the pool yet? I'm at target weight yet still feel awkward about being in my cossie! I'm dead impressed with your swim times. I sooo need to get back in the water again. Maybe a new Speedo is needed :) Have even thought about the waterproof mp3 player so I can do some lengths to some music/inspirational stuff :) Finding it hard to shake off these Jan blues though .... I noticed you've had a hard time but then good things happened once your exercise started. Anyway, maybe this running programme might do the trick xx
Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

: )

ohhh Linda! get back in that pool!! immediately if not sooner!

I can understand what you mean about feeling self concious but whats 10 seconds of walking from the changing rooms feeling a bit iffy compared to how great you will feel when youve got all that adrenaline running through you! honestly it was the best thing i did until LT getting back in the pool and i was 22 stone odd at the time and managed to drop 4 stones from a few swims a week! Swimming should be your comfort zone hun so dont let yourself be ruled by an emotion that is now completely unfounded... you look great and you will do in your costume too!

Now i'm loving the running too so thats certainly worth a shot too, mixes things up definitely! xx

Hey Denise!

ok you were right haha! will definitely be keeping it up! Im definitely interested to see how if effects my weight loss... hopefully it will spur me on as well xx

Ha Peachy ! .....told ya ! :D

Capitalise on that extra energy Lou, swimming will be an excellent way for you to work those muscles without putting a strain on the joints.

I can understand your worry about your feet but as far as age, weight and a previously sedentary lifestyle go.....

I started the C25K aged 51, weighing 17st 2lbs and never having so much as run for a bus since I left school. It used to make me feel awful when my kids pleaded with me to enter the parents' race on sports day but I was utterly convinced that I could never run. Now I'm up and out of the house by 7a.m. on Tue, Thu and Saturday and by 7:45 I've run 3.5 km.

Sometimes the biggest weight holding us back is not round our tummies, it's in our heads ;)

Dx
yep Denise I am,... the swim made me feel great like I was walking on air when I got out of the pool... was well strange feeling...XXX and UK lady I`m still a fat wobbly girl and I didnt feel self concuois at all... so get out there in your new cossie and be proud of your acheivements hun XXX well done on the run peachy XXX

Peach .... another of my challenges too! Saw a hospital consultant last Wed about mine cause it's got so bad that Im really self conscious about that too. She told me it could be a combination of the LT and me going through the menopause and that it might not grow back to how it was (I thought oh mannn I have worked so flippin hard to feel better about how I look and now this!) This isnt to alarm anyone else who is not my age... the Dr at Lipotrim told me that NORMALLY I would see an improvement in 3 months... and that noticing any hair loss means you're actually at the stage of it growing back (sadly in my case, not!)
Hope yours isnt too bad peach xx
PS I went to staff training this afternoon which included a good half mile swim... felt wonderful afterwards. Thanks for your encouragement x

uklady said:
Peach .... another of my challenges too! Saw a hospital consultant last Wed about mine cause it's got so bad that Im really self conscious about that too. She told me it could be a combination of the LT and me going through the menopause and that it might not grow back to how it was (I thought oh mannn I have worked so flippin hard to feel better about how I look and now this!) This isnt to alarm anyone else who is not my age... the Dr at Lipotrim told me that NORMALLY I would see an improvement in 3 months... and that noticing any hair loss means you're actually at the stage of it growing back (sadly in my case, not!)
Hope yours isnt too bad peach xx
PS I went to staff training this afternoon which included a good half mile swim... felt wonderful afterwards. Thanks for your encouragement x

Linda that's ace about the swim, so glad you took the plunge and I'm so glad you felt great afterwards. Now the hair..... I have a lot of it so it not noticeable or anything im just very aware of it falling out now when I wash it or brush it.... I can't be bald! The whole sinead o'connor look just ain't me xx

Hey Denise!

ok you were right haha! will definitely be keeping it up! Im definitely interested to see how if effects my weight loss... hopefully it will spur me on as well xx

I'm sure it boosted my losses Peach - I lost at twice the rate LT claim as the average; plus even my thunder-thighs are now looking on chunky side of average rather than tree trunks!

But the BIGGEST plus is the psychological boost.....oh man those endorphins! Better than chocolate! Definitely the second best way to get hot and sweaty in the morning! ;-)

Dx

Loving the Laura Ashely! :D

I see Dee has posted the C25K link - good luck with it. I can't recommend it enough, it's fantastic.

Swimming cosies? I started with swimming in a swim-dress from Simply Be which was actually very flattering even for a size 22 lady! Expensive, but it got me over that initial self-consciousness. The excess fabric did slow me down but I think it was money well spent because swimming really set me on the road to fitness. 4 dress sizes down, I now wear Speedo leg-suits - only £8 in the Sports Direct sale. ! Worth a look!

Dx

I'm an Adidas girl all the way! They never last more than 3 months with me either way as I'm in the pool that much even the chlorine resistant ones surrender! Xx

Louloubellehoney said:
Join the club chick :(.... take comfort in knowing its already growing back though :) xxxx

It better had be.... I like wigs but I just can't afford them! Haha xx

ha ha what about hair extentions perhaps, if things get desparate hee hee :D xxxx

Does the C25K actually work as I have the app on my phone but have never tried it as not a huge fan of running - does it help to get the inches off?

Hey peach... At least you know its already growing back.... I use a silica supplement from Holland and barret... takes a while to get in your system but hoping it will give my hair a bit of life back!!!

You don't have that much left to lose sweets!!! Not long!!!! XXX

Deezer said:
Hey peach... At least you know its already growing back.... I use a silica supplement from Holland and barret... takes a while to get in your system but hoping it will give my hair a bit of life back!!!

You don't have that much left to lose sweets!!! Not long!!!! XXX

I know Hun It will be ok just have to try and ignore it for a while, it's not like I'm going patchy bald or anything haha! Besides I'm also a fan of hats! :)

Lou I already do wear extensions sometimes so snap them in if things get desperate :)

Anyway oooooshhhhhhhh off for a quick swim soon! No time to worry about being baldylocks xx

Back