My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Hi flick,

Pleased you had a good day yesterday.
Here's to another one today :)

WE CAN DO THIS ! ! !

Morning All,

Thanks Viita for the tip - I know that Kat uses other products sometimes too, so might put an order in after I see CDC at the weekend...

So, yesterday was actually really good.
Breakfast - yoghurt and 1/2 peanut bar
Lunch - rice pudding
snack - 1/2 toffee bar
dinner - lentil stew and hot milk.
So, sort of step 2, but no third product. By the time i'd got home I was hungry but after my main, didn't feel the need for number three - I don't want to eat unnecessarily if I don't have to, as that's been part of the problem...

Yesterday I went for a walk at lunch and for my run after work - I am now running for over 20 minutes without the walks which is quite an achievement. I do puff like an old steam train, but feel great afterwards!

I want to try and do some sort of exercise every day - today's lunch walk might be hampered by the rain though, because if it's really heavy, I don't want to get drenched...Looks like it'll be clear by the time I get home, so perhaps an evening stroll...let's hope the weather's not too bad.

On the plus side, the scales are looking a bit more positive this morning. i reckon if I can keep this up until hen do (27th March) i'll be ok.

I really need to work on my control when "real food" is involved. So, Monday night, I'd made a big batch of chilli and bolognese - something I do quite often - and last night when i got back, I needed to decant it into tupperwares to go into the freezer in its individual portions. Not last week, I would have had at least a couple of spoonfuls whilst sorting it out, but since I was back on track last night, I didn't have any. I just need to remember this when i'm on a higher step again.

I do feel in control with step 2 - though we're only a day in! (counting my chickens!) I don't actually need all that food during the day that I was starting to have. I also think the more food I eat, the more I want, which is probably why I can cope with step 2. Weekends are and have always been a different matter, but then that leads me on nicely to my next thought which i've had before - but never actually successfully done...going back to the 5:2 - well, my version of it which involves 5 good days, and weekends "off." That way, I can still have an evening meal, just need to limit my day food, and limiting day food means that any potential evening misdemeanors aren't going to be as disastrous either...if that makes sense?

So, forward plan, i'm thinking:
- Step 2 during the week, step 3 at the weekends if we're doing something specific - up until 27th March...hopefully get somewhere much closer to top target again.
- Enjoy my hen weekend fully with my wonderful girls, and not panic about drinking and eating. Just know that heavy carbs will upset my tummy!
- Back to Step 2 up until bank holiday weekend
- enjoy the Easter weekend with my lovely family
- Straight back to step 2 up until 25th April which is wedding dress fitting (allowing flexibility for weekends) and hopefully be somewhere close to bottom target.
- End of April, straight in at Step 3 again with the hope to maintain right up until end of May wedding....

Now, the decision is whether I do step 2, or my variant of 5:2 which would be 2 products + no carb evening meal kind of thing? When I am going running, I will allow myself a piece of fruit in addition which isn't Step 2, and plus, I can't really afford to keep up with 3 products a day financially...Do I just stop thinking steps, and have my own plan using the products?

Wasn't I bumbling about this sort of thing last week, only all the higher steps?! You're all probably getting a bit bored of all of this indecision - I just thought I was ready to "take the plunge" but I clearly wasn't, and my weight has reflected that...and though I said I didn't want to go backwards, the comfort of step 2, and not having food around me I'm finding easier since there's so much other stuff going on...

Eugh - why isn't it just simple?

xx

Flick you post post post, we never get bored as we are all in the same boat.

I ramble on here constantly and it's a fab way to get our thoughts out. Planning is as we all know the key to cracking this the only issue is that I sometimes don't stick to my plan lol.

Your walking and running daily is fab and any extra exercise can only be a good thing. Running for 20 min without walking is great, keep up the good work and you will feel great not only on your hen but most importantly for the wedding x x

Hey Kat, thanks for popping by - i'm so lucky to have such fabby support.

Been reading back at last week's thoughts to this weeks...I think i'm going around in circles at the moment, wanting to move up, but actually not doing it properly/trying hard enough. Because of the hen do coming up where I want to look my best, and the obvious wedding, I need to stick with the rigidity and lower cals of step 2 for now I think until I get to at least 11st7lb again (which believe me, is a lot farther away than a couple of lbs now.) Setting myself target dates again like I was doing before is great for focussing the mind, and seeing an end goal also.

I do feel like were at a similar crossroads at the moment Kat - wanting desperately to be good, but having big things in the way which we know will only make us gain. I think i've come to the realisation that if I want to see the illusive 11st7lb again, I need to knuckle down hard - and for me at the moment, that involves step 2. I know I could probably do it longer term with step 3/4/5, but I'm now in a hurry after messing about for so long, hence the drastic measures.

I do feel like a bit of a fraud relying and going back on my word, and going back to a lower step, but I do think it's my solution for now.

Of course, if i'm rambling about moving up the steps next week again, please feel free to shoot me!

xx

Morning all,

Pretty good yesterday, though I did have additional with my dinner (nut cutlet from Sainsburys,) I had no third product as I didn't want it.
What I think I might do is continue to limit day food and use calories for in the evening - I can manage in the day and then can have a nice evening meal.

Scales are still up massively, but have dropped from Tuesday morning which is good. Hoping for a little bit more before Saturday...

xx

Morning all,

Well - another pretty successful day yesterday. I do need to work out my own plan of action I think.

Yesterday was another semi step 2 day, with additional fruit but no third product...I did fail with a flapjack... though :( This is what I mean about a plan of action. I need to have strict rules in place, but clearly not as strict as step 2...but then I need the results of the lower steps to keep me motivated...ARGH - why is it so hard all the time!

On a positive note, last night's run was fab! Weather was good, and I extended my route and am running much faster too! This is the end of week 6, and week 7 will have NO walking other than the warm up 5 mins and then straight into 25 mins of running. I feel like i'm really making progress, and deffo that endorphin rush at the end of a run keeps me feeling fab.

So, it's Friday, and WI tomorrow with CDC...my first in three weeks and, at present, 6lbs up from where I was. At least it's come back down from where it was on Monday, but it's still not pretty. I need a REALLY good weekend. Though Sunday we're cooking for MIL, so unavoidable family meal...I am cooking though, so at least I can be in control!

Next week, I am going to stick with this kind of new kind of plan and the following week too, then after the hen excess, reassess what to do...

xx

GOOOOOOOOD Morning,

So, I chickened out. I decided that since i'm not really following any plan, am going to order some slim and save sachets and I was unsure of CDC's reaction - I decided that I won't be seeing her now till at least after the wedding.

So, I am now in charge of my own weighing. Saturday morning WI and I will still be posting that. So, this Saturday was 12st 2lb. Down another couple of lbs from Friday which was excellent...up again this morning though. :(

Had a busy weekend of seeing various family members and cooked for OH's mum yesterday. I also did a morning bike ride on Saturday and a long walk, plus my Sunday run. I'm trying to increase fitness in the hope I can start to negate the odd bakewell tart slice...

Coming over to check how you're doing now!

xx

Slim and save is fab! Thats what I swapped to as I didn't need the luxury of a weekly weigh in with someone else and the products tasted so much nicer with a huge variety!
The cottage pie, spag bol , spicy spaghetti are the best meal packs and the truffle bars are so yum. Microwave them for 30 seconds chopped into little slices and they turn into cookies.
Shakes are also really good when blended with ice too..

Keep pushing my lovely I saw you kicking butt this weekend with your exercise! You go girl!

xoxo

haha - thanks hun. I'm enjoying the exercise more and more which amazes me as i've never been one of those kind of people. I just need to find a healthy balance with what i'm eating now to loose the last bit and then maintain...

xx

Do you mind if I jump in and ask about slim and save?! Just wondering if you achieved the same losses? Nearing the end of my journey and was thinking slim and save for a bit of maintenance

Morning all,

Not good evening...basically stuffed my face unnecessarily and felt like crap all evening. Come to the conclusion that I don't have the willpower to only have shakes during the day - I get too hungry and then binge in the evening which is not good.

This morning I have had breakfast before I left for work which I haven't done since forever and I'll see how I go. Breakfast was a small slice of sourdough bread, one egg and 80g wilted spinach. Had my usual morning water and cuppa and feel super full now!

We'll see how the day progresses from here - I've no bars or rice puddings left now, only shakes, so my diet products are starting to get limited.

Need a really good week this week as I would love to see 11st-something again by the weekend...achievable if I just STOP and do what i'm supposed to be doing.

Running tonight - looking forward to it. Then meal out for FIL's birthday - I will be good - no starter or pud.

TIME TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND STOP SABOTAGING MYSELF!

xx

Last edited:
Flick your doing fab,

12.2 is amazing, massive well done. Also running for 25 mins is fantastic, massive pat on the back it must be such a buzz.

I tried some slim n save products and loved the ones I tried. I'm sure it will work just as well for you and you will see those magical 11's very very soon :)

So,

I think we all know i'm in limbo at the moment - not sure of which way to go, so i've been researching and considering getting a personal trainer. I like having a strict plan to work to, whether it be the couch25k or my initial SS experience, and am thinking that combining the two with a trainer that can design a plan for both food and the right exercise to do to get the body I want for the wedding.

I guess I just want to get myself sorted before the wedding, but also before I end up going back to where I was - I am determined to find something achievable and maintainable...

xx

Flick I feel your pain as I was like you but for me it was straight after the wedding, not knowing which route to follow.

Once I felt comfortable it became so much easier just to eat again ( of course we all need to eat to survive but I went wild and the weight piled straight back on )

It's taken me since 2012 to get back into The Zone and as you know it's still a struggle so I hope you find the right way for you. . . . .

Ketosis and SS is by far so much easier than than reintroducing foods and moving up the steps but it's something which we all must do in order to truly " crack this "

For me I know I'm here for a long while yet and because I've been a bit more relaxed with myself this time I think I can cope.

Do what feels right for you my dear and fingers crossed you can combine the exercise and a good food plan and succeed at this :)

I have every faith in you x x x

Morning all,

What a difference a day, good run, and good night's sleep makes!

So, do you know what I realised yesterday? I am basically "doing" step 5!
Yesterday went like this:
Breakfast - small slice of bread, spinach and dry fried egg
Morning snack - FF greek yoghurt and 1/2 shake
Lunch - Homemade brocolli soup and an apple
Afternoon snack - Homemade flapjack bar (calories calculated on MFP)
Dinner - (out at a restaurant, so more than I would usually have.) a little bit of camembert, bread and salsa, steak with salad and then a small slice of birthday cake.

So, not a perfect step 5 day as my evening meal was over cals, plus only half a product, and birthday cake...BUUUT - lunch and breakfast was lower. I suddenly feel a real sense of calm with diet and really think I can actually achieve step 5!

This is literally completely going back on what I was saying last week about trying to do step 2 again, struggling with whether to stick with ketosis and everything else, so feel free to tell me off for dithering!

The other thing i've decided is that although I would love to have a personal trainer, if I can keep up and work with step five for the foreseeable, and include gym sessions (another thing i've decided) then it'll be much more affordable for me (remember last week it was all about finances? Yeah, a personal trainer at £40/week is not really pulling back!)

So, yes - another thing i've decided is to go back to the gym - off the back of the no personal trainer thing, I think this is a fair and affordable compromise. I've thought about just doing something at home (DVDs, my own plan,) but I just know that I won't do it. Running works for me because I go straight from work, and the gym will be the same principle. I've also found that evening exercise is fab for food control in two ways: 1) less time at home/in the kitchen 2) I never feel like I want anything too heavy after running/a gym session. I am loving the post exercise endorphin rush so am trying to keep up a routine and do more toning now. Since cheating and being off plan, my gain has gone straight to my stomach - the bit I notice the most anyway - so time to get working on it with the gym.

So, NEW IMPROVED PLAN OF ACTION! (final one for the time being I hope!)
FOOD:
- Stick with step 5 principles, but know my own body also. Allow myself morning and afternoon snacks if I need them, and not struggling and starving myself (because that leads to bingeing which is completely counterproductive.)
- Stick with half or one CWP product at the moment. Once they're all gone, probably get some slim and saves?
- Stick with good behaviour at the weekends, but allow a bit more relaxed attitude - just don't allow one thing to escalate into a complete binge.
EXERCISE:
- Continue running 3 x per week (Sunday morning, Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Join gym and do classes 2 x per week (Monday and Wednesday)
- Continue cycling on a Saturday morning
- Try and incorporate a second bike ride into a week - Sat or Sunday afternoon
- Continue walking AT LEAST four days a week (try and walk every lunchtime.)

So basically, eating healthier and exercising more to allow for the higher cals. I really want to get into a routine with all of the exercise stuff, especially by the time we get to the wedding...after then, I will reassess and decide whether it is long term attainable.

xx

Sounds like a fab plan Flick,

You do enjoy the running so I can only imagine you will get the same buzz from the gym and far more economical than a PT.

Here's to a great end to the week for you, I know you can do it x x x

Morning all,

Pretty good day yesterday. Food was:
B: porridge (made with water) mixed fruit and a spoon of fat free yoghurt
S: Yoghurt and 1/2 choc shake
L: Salad and an apple
S: Homemade flapjack
D: mushroom and kale omelette and baked beans (only ate half as I wasn't too hungry) followed by fresh banana + skimmed milk milkshake with a small handful of nuts and seeds.

Went to the gym last night and realised that although my cardio is vastly improved, I have basically no muscle strength - had to do burpees...couldn't do burpees. Had to do planks...couldn't do planks.

I ache today - mostly my bum muscles! haha. Walk at lunch to loosen up and then a run tonight - try and beat Tuesday's time!

Scales are most definitely NOT my friend today (or this week) I'm putting today's down to water retention in my muscles, but hope that by Saturday, they start to look a bit more favourable!

Hope you're all having a fab week.

xx

Back