My Personal Weight Loss Journey

just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your excercise increases, well done, well done, well done as we used to say in the brownies:) glad you ve got some extra time to think about your next steps and hold firm dont let your cpc pressurise you into any thing thats not right for you
jx

Morning my lovely ones.

Busy weekend with friends - our second Christmas celebrations on Saturday and then a lovely day with my best friend and OH yesterday. Lots of off plan food consumed and a fab time had.

So, this week, i'm trying something slightly different...i've decided to do a week of no MFP, no CWP, just listening to my body and planning my food accordingly. Today I have yoghurt, fruit and oats for breakfast, soup for lunch and nuts as a snack if I want them, but only if I want them. I'm quite interested to see what this week holds...

I'll still be here every day - talking rubbish and planning forward. I'll keep you updated with what i'm doing too, and as the week progresses, I might change my mind and get straight back on with my sachets and bars - I just don't know yet. I feel like I need a couple of days to get my head straight with it all...

xx

Morning my lovely ones.

Busy weekend with friends - our second Christmas celebrations on Saturday and then a lovely day with my best friend and OH yesterday. Lots of off plan food consumed and a fab time had.

So, this week, i'm trying something slightly different...i've decided to do a week of no MFP, no CWP, just listening to my body and planning my food accordingly. Today I have yoghurt, fruit and oats for breakfast, soup for lunch and nuts as a snack if I want them, but only if I want them. I'm quite interested to see what this week holds...

I'll still be here every day - talking rubbish and planning forward. I'll keep you updated with what i'm doing too, and as the week progresses, I might change my mind and get straight back on with my sachets and bars - I just don't know yet. I feel like I need a couple of days to get my head straight with it all...

xx

Flick, sometimes we need a break and that's fine Hun, you have to do what is best for you. Pleased you will still be here and I know you will be fine :)

Good luck x x

Morning!

So, yesterday went pretty well - I actually didn't end up finishing my dinner since I felt full - listening to this body of mine, rather than just mindlessly eating.

Got yoghurt, stewed plums and oats for breakfast, soup for lunch and some nuts for a snack if I want them. Running tonight which will be good.

Feeling ok - not sure about where I will be weight loss wise this week - trying not to weigh this week either and see where I end up...

Hope you're all doing well!

xx

Morning!

So, yesterday went pretty well - I actually didn't end up finishing my dinner since I felt full - listening to this body of mine, rather than just mindlessly eating.

Got yoghurt, stewed plums and oats for breakfast, soup for lunch and some nuts for a snack if I want them. Running tonight which will be good.

Feeling ok - not sure about where I will be weight loss wise this week - trying not to weigh this week either and see where I end up...

Hope you're all doing well!

xx

Oh flick I love stewed plums but my ultimate favourite breakfast items are prunes and spiced mixed fruit. . . . . I can't wait to start eating " normal " food ( slightly off subject but I love prunes with a cheese board lol hubby thinks I'm weird )

Sometimes it's good to listen to our bodies and I'm sure you will know which road to take after this week, a clear mind to help you see how you feel.

I have every confidence you will know what's right for you by trying your new approach, sometimes we just need a change to help us see things more clearly . . . .

Here's to another fab day x

Hi lovely,

I am still here! I'm not really sure what i'm doing at the moment...feel a bit all over the place...going to assess over the weekend and formulate a plan on Monday...

Hope you're all having good weeks.

xx

Hi Flic,

Hope you're getting on okay, have you weighed yourself at all or are you waiting until seeing your CDC on Saturday?

How's your running going?

x

Hello lovely ones,

Well - I think i've learned something...I am not ready for this. This being two fold.

1) No products
2) Being a vegetarian

I am feeling really crap about everything at the moment...

Food wise this week, I have not been having products and I have also not had a formal plan. I have struggled in the afternoons with a sweet tooth that has got far to used to having a bar or a chocolate shake...I do not cope well it turns out by going cold turkey straight off.

What is more difficult is that having no meat means that a lean chicken breast and veg is not something on my menu - I struggle through beans, fish and quorn never finding myself quite satisfied by the day's meal.

Having not formulated a proper plan, I feel like i've been flying by the seat of my pants, trying and failing everyday to come up with some sort of reasonable and nutritious meal that suits this whole healthy living and also vegetarian. All I would like is some chicken breast and salad!

I've still been doing my running, but I have struggled more this week - a disappointing time on Tuesday and can't do tonight, so have to do tomorrow instead. I am still enjoying it, but when you have a bad run, it stays with you. The running is increasing and walking decreasing and I am finding aches and pains that I didn't know I had! The lack of structure I think has been a big factor this week. Though i've tried to keep some of it, minus the products, i've found myself floundering about the place and this has meant that in not having the structure, I get hungry in the evenings and end up snacking/overeating...

The meat thing I think has been accentuated this week by not having the vitamins/minerals in the sachets.

I know I am definitely heavier too. This is making me feel really depressed...like I can't cope without a VLCD and I can't maintain. I don't think off the back of a weekend of second Christmas excess has helped, but equally - I should be able to have a good weekend without it being an issue moving forward.

ARGH. I feel like i'm going around and around in circles. Part of me is wanting to SS for a couple of weeks now just to try and get myself to a better place, but I know that it will be at the detriment of my progress, my running and everything else...

Please will someone help me make a decision!

xx

Flic, I have been reading your posts over the past few weeks and your dilemma about what to do now with only 10 lbs to go. I am not at target yet and have never done CWP before, so I am not qualified to give anyone on advice on how to maintain. However, I have been having a few thoughts reading your diary and wanted to share them.

I wonder if you are trying to change too much at one time. You are trying to move away from CWP, use MFP, be vegetarian, start running, lose another 10 lbs, plan a wedding, etc, etc. Its a lot just to do just one of those things and you're trying to do them all at once!! you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself.

If I was in your situation with a wedding not far away, I would use the lowest risk strategy I could. I would get to target and stick with what's working until the wedding is over. That might mean moving up the steps so that you can start to eat and also exercise? But i would not look to try lots of new things and risk going off track in advance of the wedding. After that, it sounds to me like you will want to try a few different approaches to learn how you want to maintain in the long term. But by that time, the wedding is done, you are at target and you have a clear head to try out new things to see what works.

Your running seems to be important to you and will definitely help you so much once you are into maintenance. I wish i had your stamina and energy to do it but i dont yet. Perhaps you will inspire me!! So i would probably want to keep that going just now and enjoy it. Again, don't put too much pressure on yourself with so much going on.

So, in summary, my advice would be to stick with what works, get the wedding out of the way and then take some time to try new things in maintenance - perhaps one big change at a time.

As i said, I've never done maintenance before and therefore know nothing about it!! But I felt for you - feeling a little confused - and thought I would give you my 10 cents .... for what it's worth.

Julie x

Last edited:
it does sound like your trying to put to much change in and your in danger of becoming an unstable jenga tower, fear not i have a cunning plan:)
step 5 cal s between 1300-1500 (to allow for extra at weekend). give up the veggie but have more days leaning towards it, continue your running there i ve helped you make a decision:). think as your trying to establish the new life there are great days, good days, ok days , fine days, crap days and of the scale awful days all part of life rich tapestry. continue this til the wedding. then off you go and have the most fantastic time wedding honeymoon, don t be stinting on yourself. once you come back this is when id have a real power up prob go back on ss for a bit knock it all off the score card and reset the clock. then once your coming back to maintaince then work out a more long term goal ie veggie or not, diet plan and excerise goals. anyway thats my 2 pence worth. but what ever you need to do i am right here in your corner and wishing you only success
jxx

Morning flick, I have to say when I read what the others have said it makes complete sense.

You do have a awful lot going on, I stuck with SS right up until the Eve of my wedding ( most if it was fear that my dress wouldn't fit combined with the worry I would look " fat " on photos so I stuck with it.

I did go wild straight away on honeymoon and I'm pretty sure I gained around 17 lb in Vegas :-(

I then couldn't get straight back into it and therefore since 2012 I've tried and failed several times until this time so I'm no expert but for me I'm thinking it's easier to accept I will have off days and blips and that I will still get to goal it may just take a while longer.

I guess the truth is I don't know what to suggest as we are all different and what may be right for me may not be right for you.
Your doing a grand job though and I do think at times you may be a bit hard on yourself, you need to remember how far you have come and how amazingly you are doing with the running.
Your wedding is just around the corner and you do have several options but I have to agree on dropping the " veggi " for lent as that's a easy choice to change and could help you stick with one of the higher steps ? ?
Failing that your earlier thoughts in switching to slimming world could be a option but from experience once I start eating the floodgates open and at times I know I go OTT but if you feel strong enough to stick with the " rules " of a weight plan diet then maybe it would be a good idea to take some of the pressure from you ?

What ever you decide we are all here clapping you on and super excited to see you. . . As the gorgeous bride you will be x x x x

You lot are all superstars! I must admit, I am feeling soooo much better today in general - I had a crap one yesterday. Thanks Julie for popping by and of course my old faithfuls - I bow to your superior knowledge!

I think I am with you Jen on step 5 - basically, I started to see myself falling apart without a structure in place, so sort of came up with that kind of theory - having you guys back that up is really helpful, as shows that I was on the right plan roughly with things. I just don't want it to fall apart completely before the wedding - I have less than three months which is scary enough, let alone putting weight back on to deal with too! I just need to knuckle down and get on with it really. This week has proved a bit of a bust for me, but useful knowing that I need to continue with some structure.

Tonight we are out for dinner - set menu and the veggie choice was so crap, i'm having steak. Cancelled this weekend's CDC appointment as I just can't face her after this week, so will use my time to go for an early morning bike ride tomorrow, and then normal run on Sunday morning. Going to enjoy my weekend and get myself sorted out for the following week...step 5, here we go!

xx

Step 5 will be the making of you !

I do think your ready for it, I think you've just been scared to take the leap of faith :)

Enjoy your weekend and good luck for the next exciting phase as always keep us posted every step of the way x x

Good Morning!

Had a fabulous weekend - not on plan at all, but really enjoyable. Bike ride Saturday, a bit of shopping with OH and lunch, pottered about Saturday arvo with the dogs, and had a nice catch up with family, then yesterday was my Sunday run, out for Sunday lunch with a group of friends and then home in time for Poldark.

I haven't got on the scales, but know i'm heavier - a bit bloated this morning from the food, and TOTM so a couple of decent days under my belt and hopefully i'll be away.

Hope you all had great weekends,

xxx

Eugh, well - ventured onto the scales this morning...it was not a pretty sight. Let's put it this way...Angel - you've almost caught me up!

Feel crap and fat this morning. Planning on sort of step 2 the rest of the week - despite best laid plans...I will allow myself a piece of fruit before my run tonight and Thurs, but the rest of this week I need to be super well behaved.

I know the reasons why:
1) Snacking whilst cooking dinner - the biggie.
2) Making cakes/puddings for OH and I, only eating them mostly myself...
3) Picking after dinner
4) Not being so controlled weighing food
5) Going out numerous times over one weekend
6) being more relaxed about eating.

Daytime is fine whilst i'm at work - I bring my food in, I stick to plan and I suffer through cravings because there's nothing I can do about it...but then, in the evening...I basically need to chain my mouth shut.

Belt tightening time for me. Dreading seeing CDC on Saturday!

xx

Flick I've had a horrendous 48 hours so trust me I'm no where near you now :-( ( all post details on my page )

Hope your ok hunni, it's so easy to slip up and unfortunately the weight goes on far easier than it comes off.
Snacking is so easy,
Could it be because the wedding is getting closer, kind of a emotional panic self destruct ?

( I fear that about me with my holiday getting ever closer )

Fingers crossed we can both get back on track x x x x x x x

Hey Ladies,

Everyone slips up just firmly back on the bandwagon and stay strong!

I had a slightly naughty weekend but I need my 4lbs off for my goal weight so I need to stay strong.
For me when my other half lectures me that I was too slim at 10.9 and him loving me as I am now as well as my mum saying the same thing I got a little complacent at the weekend but to be honest I feel SO much better when I eat clean.
My babe is here for 2 weeks next weekend so I want to no carb until then so I won't feel guillty going out for dinner etc..

We can do this ladies just stay strong! 2 days off can be fixed in 2 days on! xoxo

Thanks Viita and Angel,

Unfortunately, it's about 3 weeks worth of damage now...and it's not just 4lbs either...

I feel SOOO crap today, like i've undone so much of my hard work in a matter of days.

Not that I am looking for excuses, but wedding stuff and money stuff is playing on my mind so much at the moment...we're almost there so we're now at the last push, only it's birthday central, plus mother's day (my mum, step-mum, granny and oh's mum!) and this month i've had all the thank you gifts to get for everyone and hen do at the end of the month too...I hate being poor all the time. I just know that i'm going to have another CWP spend this month too...

I have a busy evening tonight so won't have time to cheat. During the rest of the week, I can avoid spending long periods of time in the kitchen and will avoid it too - this will help.

I've three weeks till my hen weekend. What do you think I should do? I think I might stick/step back with step 2 (+ fruit for running energy) as it's much easier I think to manage for the time being...

xx

Back