My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Hey well done for keeping control at your dinner party yesterday x

Great to plan meals ahead for OH & yourself once your back in food.
I use our slow cooker at least twice a week for hubby and love it plus it's much more economical than conventional hob / oven cooking.

Massive well done on keeping your self restraint with the dinner party. With you being the host sometimes it's hard to enjoy the good yourself so at least you could concentrate on looking after your guests.

Here's to a fab weekend ahead x

Thanks Angel!

parents and nephew for tea tonight - made homemade pizza, chips and salad. Apple cake for pudding. I sat and ate nothing! Dad said I looked really good which was so sweet of him. My boss plucked up the courage to ask me earlier if I'd been losing weight, and then proceeded to et everyone to compliment me in the office! Haha.

weigh in tomorrow morning - eek! I'd love to be at (or lower) than 12st7lb - it would mean a 3lb loss and also that would be 3st off! :)

hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

xx

Thanks Angel! parents and nephew for tea tonight - made homemade pizza, chips and salad. Apple cake for pudding. I sat and ate nothing! Dad said I looked really good which was so sweet of him. My boss plucked up the courage to ask me earlier if I'd been losing weight, and then proceeded to et everyone to compliment me in the office! Haha. weigh in tomorrow morning - eek! I'd love to be at (or lower) than 12st7lb - it would mean a 3lb loss and also that would be 3st off! :) hope you all have a fabulous weekend. xx

Good luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed for the 3 off, I'm sure you will but if not it fill be very very close and you will get it next week ( I'm sure you will tomorrow )
It's great when people start to notice and a nice little boost.

Keep us posted after weigh in x x x

Hey wonderful ones! It's been a busy day and I'm finally getting around to posting the results from this weeks WI... Well, it was a 3lb loss! (Whoop whoop) but I stupidly miscalculated and actually have another 1lb to go before the final stone! Either way, I'm really pleased with that loss!

OH and I went out for the afternoon after weigh in. We went to our favourite little lunchtime cafe but I just sipped sparkling water, whilst OH had a delicious lunch. This was fine, and a treat for him since he'd taken me shopping and also bought me a lovely treat of some long winter boots. Not only are they really comfy, I didn't have to ask if they did wide calf fit - my usual drawback to long boots! He's really proud of my losses so far and really supportive - very lucky!

Anyway, tonight we are just chilling infront of the TV - gotta get my strictly fix - and I am having an SS+ meal of prawns and pak choi - I have been massively craving savoury stuff. Tomorrow were off to a friends house for Canadian thanksgiving dinner. Ashley is Canadian herself and when we saw the menu, I panicked - it all was cheesy or fatty veg dishes...I asked if she could just do me some plain broccoli and I'll have some turkey - thank god she understood and wasn't offended. It'll be really nice to see some friends we haven't seen for a couple of months, and have an afternoon chilling and celebrating! :) I'll be back to the old SS come Monday!

i keep meaning to take an updated photo...once I get to target perhaps!

xxx

Hey wonderful ones! It's been a busy day and I'm finally getting around to posting the results from this weeks WI... Well, it was a 3lb loss! (Whoop whoop) but I stupidly miscalculated and actually have another 1lb to go before the final stone! Either way, I'm really pleased with that loss!

OH and I went out for the afternoon after weigh in. We went to our favourite little lunchtime cafe but I just sipped sparkling water, whilst OH had a delicious lunch. This was fine, and a treat for him since he'd taken me shopping and also bought me a lovely treat of some long winter boots. Not only are they really comfy, I didn't have to ask if they did wide calf fit - my usual drawback to long boots! He's really proud of my losses so far and really supportive - very lucky!

Anyway, tonight we are just chilling infront of the TV - gotta get my strictly fix - and I am having an SS+ meal of prawns and pak choi - I have been massively craving savoury stuff. Tomorrow were off to a friends house for Canadian thanksgiving dinner. Ashley is Canadian herself and when we saw the menu, I panicked - it all was cheesy or fatty veg dishes...I asked if she could just do me some plain broccoli and I'll have some turkey - thank god she understood and wasn't offended. It'll be really nice to see some friends we haven't seen for a couple of months, and have an afternoon chilling and celebrating! :) I'll be back to the old SS come Monday!

i keep meaning to take an updated photo...once I get to target perhaps!

xxx

Another 3 off is FAB :) well done, you will be at goal before you know it.
Very nice of your friend to do you something for for the Thanksgiving dinner, that's a good friend ( I know its not a lot of trouble but still nice of her to be so ok with it )

Also what a fab OH to treat you to some nice new boots, its nice to know our partners support & appreciate our efforts x x x

Morning all,

Well, today hasn't started to best - car had a flat tyre when I got to work - and i'd probably driven it the whole way to work flat...Luckily, i'd made a cake at the weekend which I used as bribery to get someone to help me change it. Annoying either way.

Lunch yesterday was really lovely - I had my turkey and brocolli and a little bit of sweet potato, then a spoonful of Pecan Pie - which was nice, but not worth it, since it gave me tummy ache - I think... I only ended up having two products too yesterday - I was late having breakfast then the meal, then a bar at 8pm in the car on the way home, but literally couldn't stomach another one - I was so full!

Have a horrible taste in my mouth at the moment - I have another bit of a cold, and i'm not sure if this is making a difference...

Saturday night, I also had a tasty SS+ meal of prawns with chilli and ginger and pak choi and brocolli. I weighed it all out, and it was delicious - It was so nice to have some savoury - real - food.

I am starting to get a little bored of SS. I'm not at a point where I want to cheat, just that I want to have evening ss+ meals. I don't want to be doing this every day at the moment since I still have a stone (and a pesky pound) to go. My plan is to do my 12 weeks (with a couple of SS+ meals peppered in for events I have coming up) but as long as I only have half a stone to go, I will move up to 810. If i've more than the 1/2 stone to go, i'll be staying put a little longer till I get to that marker. Then it's half a stone to upper limit target, and another half to ultimate goal...I'm hoping to continue losses on the other steps - I know they will start to slow, but I have to get back to reality some time!

Hope you all had great weekends, I am finally going to go and have a look-see, it's been a manic Monday morning for me!

xx

Morning all,

Well, today hasn't started to best - car had a flat tyre when I got to work - and i'd probably driven it the whole way to work flat...Luckily, i'd made a cake at the weekend which I used as bribery to get someone to help me change it. Annoying either way.

Lunch yesterday was really lovely - I had my turkey and brocolli and a little bit of sweet potato, then a spoonful of Pecan Pie - which was nice, but not worth it, since it gave me tummy ache - I think... I only ended up having two products too yesterday - I was late having breakfast then the meal, then a bar at 8pm in the car on the way home, but literally couldn't stomach another one - I was so full!

Have a horrible taste in my mouth at the moment - I have another bit of a cold, and i'm not sure if this is making a difference...

Saturday night, I also had a tasty SS+ meal of prawns with chilli and ginger and pak choi and brocolli. I weighed it all out, and it was delicious - It was so nice to have some savoury - real - food.

I am starting to get a little bored of SS. I'm not at a point where I want to cheat, just that I want to have evening ss+ meals. I don't want to be doing this every day at the moment since I still have a stone (and a pesky pound) to go. My plan is to do my 12 weeks (with a couple of SS+ meals peppered in for events I have coming up) but as long as I only have half a stone to go, I will move up to 810. If i've more than the 1/2 stone to go, i'll be staying put a little longer till I get to that marker. Then it's half a stone to upper limit target, and another half to ultimate goal...I'm hoping to continue losses on the other steps - I know they will start to slow, but I have to get back to reality some time!

Hope you all had great weekends, I am finally going to go and have a look-see, it's been a manic Monday morning for me!

xx

What a pants start to your week :-( but at least you had the cake to hand to entice a little help :)

Your meal sounds lovely as does your Prawn, ginger & pak choi meal, hmmmmmm food !

I don't think the differences between SS & SS+ are very much so I wouldn't worry about wanting the evening meal more often but it sounds like you have it clear in your head about how you will address the steps and move up as you go.

That last 1st 1 will soon be a distant memory, I'm looking forward to reading how you feel moving up and like you say making it a bit more " normal " x x x

I'm hoping this last stone comes off nice and quick too! Going through clothes at the weekend was really great! I have this pair of horribly tatty Fat Face jeans that I had pre-university - they are my "can I fit into them yet" jeans. All the rest are a go, but these blighters are still holding out! I'm hoping when this last stone goes, The jeans will fit! Not that they are fit to wear in public any more, they are so scabby! Haha.

I've a pair of jeans from when OH and I were first together too and they are too big now which is a good sign, considering 6 months ago they were nowhere near fitting! Got my new boots on today for work and a shirt that I haven't worn for about 3 years on account of it not fitting - it feels so good to rediscover these clothes, and even better when you realise that they fit! :)

I'm cooking OH steamed veg for tea - to accompany his mushroom and bacon risotto - and i'm currently debating whether to cook some for me too...haven't decided as yet - on the one hand, I really fancy some fresh vegetables, but on the other hand, I am worried of getting into an SS+ routine before I want to...ARGH! At least I am stressing about whether to eat veg or not, not pizza and mcdonalds! Haha.

Busy evening ahead taking photos of clothes - looking forward to packing them all away and saying "bye bye size 16s, never see you again!" :) If I can get a good one, perhaps I might sneak in a shot of myself to post too!

xx

Well, never got around to taking photos of clothes last night! Didn't have an SS+ meal in the end, just didn't need it. I had rice pudding for my dinner and I wish I had taken more of these (CDC's been out of stock for a week or two.) It was really nice, though I wish I hadn't overcooked it so it went all over the microwave! If I could be bothered, I would exchange some of this weeks other products with CDC for some more, but i've got more important things to do! Haha.

Now, a little TMI for some, but i've been having a little problem going to the loo of late. I took some Sennacot last night, and I think i'll need to again tonight - I was almost late for work since i'd spent 15 minutes extra in the bathroom. It's only since i've stopped having soups that there's been a problem - not sure for the reasons why. Other than that, i'm feeling good - the weather is grim, but i've got my shiny new boots on which i'm wearing in for our trip to London, and smaller trousers too! :)

Hope you're all having a jolly Tuesday...

xx

Well, never got around to taking photos of clothes last night! Didn't have an SS+ meal in the end, just didn't need it. I had rice pudding for my dinner and I wish I had taken more of these (CDC's been out of stock for a week or two.) It was really nice, though I wish I hadn't overcooked it so it went all over the microwave! If I could be bothered, I would exchange some of this weeks other products with CDC for some more, but i've got more important things to do! Haha.

Now, a little TMI for some, but i've been having a little problem going to the loo of late. I took some Sennacot last night, and I think i'll need to again tonight - I was almost late for work since i'd spent 15 minutes extra in the bathroom. It's only since i've stopped having soups that there's been a problem - not sure for the reasons why. Other than that, i'm feeling good - the weather is grim, but i've got my shiny new boots on which i'm wearing in for our trip to London, and smaller trousers too! :)

Hope you're all having a jolly Tuesday...

xx

Evening Flick, I'm yet to try the rice pudding but have bought some extra products ( on the black market lol ) the lot I've bought includes some so I will try it when my little lot arrives :)

As for your WC issue, I'm currently drinking

image-2447229736.jpg

1st time I've tried it but apparently it helps ? Will let you know if it does.

Hope your new boots were comfy x x x x

Morning lovelies, and morning Angel! Might have to find myself some Slimmatee - though last night I had my own solution...I had an SS+ meal. I had, and it was so tasty:
- 1/2 portion of chicken with fajita seasoning
- 1 boiled egg
- green pepper, lettuce leaves and cucumber for my green veg portion - I dry fried the pepper with the chicken
and hot hot hot green chilli! It was rather warm and subsequently, my tummy was churning all night - I only had two little bits, but I suppose my tolerance for hot foods has gone down! Anyway, it seems like it was more effective than the sennacot the day before! haha.

Today I am wearing one of my all time favourite skirts, which sadly is falling off me! It's a tweed skirt that was specially made in my university colours but since it won't fit in another month, i'm getting my wear out of it today. I am going to look for a local seamstress as there are about 5 items of clothing I would like to keep but have altered to fit. Finally got around to listing some of my items on ebay last night - so far 11 things are listed, but I have bundles of jeans as I am just too lazy to list them all individually...

So, yes - I had an SS+ meal, and I really can't wait to get into proper Step 2 now. I am enjoying having occasional meals and I feel totally in control doing so, I am just looking forward to it being a proper part of my daily routine to have a meal again! Saying that though - last night, I was so full that I almost forgot my third product - quickly swigging a strawberry shake at 10pm last night whilst clicking away on the ebay app!

Feeling positive today diet wise and everything wise too. The new boots are a dream Angel and really comfortable - each day they remind me how much progress i've made so far! :)

xx

Morning lovelies, and morning Angel! Might have to find myself some Slimmatee - though last night I had my own solution...I had an SS+ meal. I had, and it was so tasty: - 1/2 portion of chicken with fajita seasoning - 1 boiled egg - green pepper, lettuce leaves and cucumber for my green veg portion - I dry fried the pepper with the chicken and hot hot hot green chilli! It was rather warm and subsequently, my tummy was churning all night - I only had two little bits, but I suppose my tolerance for hot foods has gone down! Anyway, it seems like it was more effective than the sennacot the day before! haha. Today I am wearing one of my all time favourite skirts, which sadly is falling off me! It's a tweed skirt that was specially made in my university colours but since it won't fit in another month, i'm getting my wear out of it today. I am going to look for a local seamstress as there are about 5 items of clothing I would like to keep but have altered to fit. Finally got around to listing some of my items on ebay last night - so far 11 things are listed, but I have bundles of jeans as I am just too lazy to list them all individually... So, yes - I had an SS+ meal, and I really can't wait to get into proper Step 2 now. I am enjoying having occasional meals and I feel totally in control doing so, I am just looking forward to it being a proper part of my daily routine to have a meal again! Saying that though - last night, I was so full that I almost forgot my third product - quickly swigging a strawberry shake at 10pm last night whilst clicking away on the ebay app! Feeling positive today diet wise and everything wise too. The new boots are a dream Angel and really comfortable - each day they remind me how much progress i've made so far! :) xx

Evening hunni,
Your meal sounds fab, it's amazing how food which before hand may not have been our 1st choice now gets our mouths watering :)
Great news about your skirt, frustrating it will need to be altered but just shows how all your hard work and effort has paid off, massive pat on the back.
I'm praying to feel as in control as you do when I move up the steps,
Keep up the good work :) x x x

Hi all,

Another day, another three products... Feeling sleepy this morning. Went to visit my Granny last night which was nice - she only lives 20 minutes away and usually we see her at the weekend. It was nice to catch up and filled that gap between getting home and going to bed!

I'm still not ready to completely move to step 2, but I am finding having an occasional SS+ meal is really helping me stick to the plan. I don't know whether I am almost rushing myself because I want to be on the next step. I must remember my resolve to get at least 1/2 a stone away from target before I properly embark on moving up the plan.

I'm looking forward to planning my meals again and deciding what to eat. I've already started a list of "meal ideas" for when I get there!

Anyway, time to check in on you all - hope you had good evenings!

xx

Flic sounds like you are doing fab don't worry about having daily meals,it makes life so much bearable ! Hope you are enjoying wearing all your lovely small clothes Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Morning morning,

Well - today I am wearing my green trousers - these were on my goal list of "get back into green trousers" as they did not do up before! Last night I really noticed my face shape had changed - you know when you suddenly look and see that something is different?!

I had something for dinner last night - the same as before with the chicken and fajita spice. I had some chilli and needed a laxative tablet too - I am feeling pretty blocked at the moment...it's working through now i'm sure as I have a bit of a grumbly tummy. I'm going to check with CDC again this week about when she would advise me moving through the steps - I know some people start to move when they're a stone away from target, but i'm not sure that there's any rules about it?

Looking forward to seeing CDC tomorrow and getting a whole bunch of rice puddings for the following week - it's that type of weather at the moment and I do love rice pudding at any time!

I will try and take a photo today of me - just so you can see the green trousers really!

xx

Can't wait to see your pic and the green trousers. Green is my fave colour. :) xxx

HAHA - Fairy, about 50% of my wardrobe is green! It's my favourite - my engagement ring has emeralds in it and the bridesmaids are in green for the big day. I have ordered some green shoes from Ebay which are yet to arrive - I suppose it's my own fault for ordering from CHina!

xx

I also want pics of these shoes!!! :)
Aw bet you can't wait to get married. How exciting xx

Back