My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Morning Morning.

Well - lovely time last night. It was still a but awkward - OH wanted the starter platter, but I didn't fancy it, and also it would have been too much. I had an 8oz sirloin served with a duck egg (yum!) and salad instead of chips, and peas, Mr B had burger, chips and salad.

I was sooo hungry but after eating the egg white, about 2 mouthfuls of peas (was dubious whether to eat or not) salad leaves and about half of the steak - I was really full. We ended up taking the remaining steak home for the dogs and I almost ate it when we got back - habit from days by and I could have hit myself! They had it to remove temptation and I had my rice pudding as my "pudding" when I got home. I did feel a bit bad as really it was a main course meal - OH isn't ever bothered by pudding anyway, but he does like savoury things. I am looking forward to maintenance because I know by then I can enjoy both courses of a meal and know that it won't derail me - i'm just so focussed at the moment since that target isn't far away that I didn't want to jeopardize current progress.

One of the girls at work - her kids have a sickness and diarrhea bug and one of the ladies in accounts has called in sick today. I have a churning stomach and feel like I need to "go" but can't...sorry for the TMI. I just hope that I don't catch this horrible illness...

So, weigh in tomorrow, 100% SS today and we'll see what the morning brings. Feeling tired and a bit rubbish today, but hey ho - it's FRIDAY!

xx

Sounds like you're doing fab Flic! It's so rewarding when you can get rid of clothes you couldn't fit into even a short time before. :) xxx

Second (and last!) after discovering I was pregnant last time...1 week done...1 stone gone!

First attempt...18 weeks...64lbs down...!

You sound so positive Flick, it's always great to read through your blogs.

Hope this weeks going well and good luck for WI xx

Morning Morning. Well - lovely time last night. It was still a but awkward - OH wanted the starter platter, but I didn't fancy it, and also it would have been too much. I had an 8oz sirloin served with a duck egg (yum!) and salad instead of chips, and peas, Mr B had burger, chips and salad. I was sooo hungry but after eating the egg white, about 2 mouthfuls of peas (was dubious whether to eat or not) salad leaves and about half of the steak - I was really full. We ended up taking the remaining steak home for the dogs and I almost ate it when we got back - habit from days by and I could have hit myself! They had it to remove temptation and I had my rice pudding as my "pudding" when I got home. I did feel a bit bad as really it was a main course meal - OH isn't ever bothered by pudding anyway, but he does like savoury things. I am looking forward to maintenance because I know by then I can enjoy both courses of a meal and know that it won't derail me - i'm just so focussed at the moment since that target isn't far away that I didn't want to jeopardize current progress. One of the girls at work - her kids have a sickness and diarrhea bug and one of the ladies in accounts has called in sick today. I have a churning stomach and feel like I need to "go" but can't...sorry for the TMI. I just hope that I don't catch this horrible illness... So, weigh in tomorrow, 100% SS today and we'll see what the morning brings. Feeling tired and a bit rubbish today, but hey ho - it's FRIDAY! xx

Sounds lovely, I've never tried duck eggs but oh a lovely steak would be amazing at the moment,
I think often our mind & our eyes tell us we are hungry but like you say the smallest things can fill us up now :) great willpower yet again resisting the starter, I'm known for my love of a sharing platter or as I call it picky food ( always massive fat content and super high in kcal )

Hope your feeling ok and didn't catch the sickness bug x x

Hi FlicG,

How did you get on on Saturday? Well done on resisting on Thursday night, I hope I'm as good when I go out with my hubby in a few weeks :)
xx

Morning all,

Busy weekend again. Saturday WI was another nice one:

-2lb! Not the 5lb I was wishing for, but all's good!

3lb to go to (upper) target! :) :)

So, on Friday, I made up some meal plan charts for the steps - attached here. View attachment Meal Plans.docx

For me, it was getting myself prepared before I embark on the next step, and I had a really long chat with CDC about moving up. With any luck, this week will be 3lbs off and WHOO - upper target! :)

So, my weekend was filled with Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, baking and cleaning. Went for a lovely walk yesterday with OH and the dogs too. Back to work today and feeling positive about the week ahead. Going out for dinner tomorrow with friends - probably italian, so either chicken salad or steak again.

Really disappointing SS+ meal yesterday. I tried to make a fake chilli with quorn...bleugh. I only ate half of it and then chucked the rest in the bin. Wish i'd just stuck with poached egg and spinach. :(

So, meal out tomorrow, Thursday night we have friends coming for dinner (i've made chicken and mushroom pie) but the rest of the week is just normal. SS-ing on the off days with the hope that I get to my target on Sat...

SOOOOO, ready for the week ahead - feeling positive too.

Going to pop round and "see" you all now.

xx

Morning FlicG!

Well done you and sooo close your fingers are brushing it!!

Check you out being all organised with your meal charts, very impressive. I need to do something similar I guess.

Ugh quorn mince is wrong, no texture. Try extra lean mince and also pour boiling water over it to rinse off any remaining fat. Bulk it out with loads of celery, onions, tinned tomatoes and carrots and split it out over however many portions before eating so you don't have too much. I really want to be eating same / similar to family (I have 2 little girls if I haven't mentioned it before) so I can make something like this for us all so we can all eat the same I'll just miss pasta off my plate.

You sound like you're really on it this week and really positive - yay good luck!!

xx

So, I was feeling great, and really positive, then I looked down at my gorgeous engagement ring and ONE OF THE DIAMONDS HAS FALLEN OUT. Rang OH holding back the tears and he's got on to the jeweller and is sorting it. Feel awful, and sick, and like all I want to do is eat a massive piece of the cake I made and brought to work today and go home and have a big hug from Mr B. :(

xx

What I should have said is that I'm not going to do that - i'm going to have half a choc shake for my breakfast instead.

xx

Oh no honey I'm so sorry :( hopefully the jewellers will get it sorted out quickly for you I'm sure it will be okay xx well done for not giving in to temptation at stressful times though xx

awh flic so sorry about the ring it ll get fixed sweetie, DO NOT eat anything ( not that you will ) but dose up on lots of cuddles when the boy gets home. ya poor wee thing it churns you up when something like this happens i feel for you.
jxx

Thanks ladies.

Been an awful day all round today - can't wait to get home.

Though I said I wasn't going to, I've decided that an SS+ meal of brocolli, asparagus, chicken and poached egg will see me right tonight.

xx

Thanks ladies.

Been an awful day all round today - can't wait to get home.

Though I said I wasn't going to, I've decided that an SS+ meal of brocolli, asparagus, chicken and poached egg will see me right tonight.

xx

I think you deserve it this evening, sorry I've not responded sooner but as always a manic day plus you know it's good choices and won't impact on your loss this week.

I fully understand your feelings about your ring as I would be heart broken BUT it will be good as new before you know it.

Fingers crossed you have a better day tomorrow x x x x

Hope you enjoyed your meal. Any news on your ring yet?

Hope you have a great day today xx

Thanks all - a horrible feeling but we're going to the jewellers on Saturday to get it sorted. I wonder if I can persuade OH to get me a temporary ring for Christmas?! Haha.

So, my meal last night was DELICIOUS. 1/3 portion of chicken, brocolli, asparagus and spinach, topped with a poached egg and a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar (that bit might sound odd, but it really worked!) Going out for dinner tonight - i've been scoping the menu and am probably going to have their chicken salad with mushrooms and mozarella (and leave the cheese.) We're meeting friends for a bit of a farewell since they're moving to London and we're away for their leaving party. We haven't seen them since their wedding in August, so looking forward to catching up with them...and secretly hoping they notice...

So, the rest of the day will be as planned - shakes and maybe rice pudding for lunch and a bar for after my meal when we get home.

Hope you all have a great day - it's Tuesday - another step closer to the weekend! :)

xx

I'm sure you'll get it sorted :)

Mmmm sounds fab, I'm not sure I can remember what food tastes like any more! If they don't notice your losses they're not such good friends, you've lost nearly 4 stone since you last saw them! Hopefully they wont recognise you, make sure you walk into the restaurant before hubby!

Good luck for today. I'm trying so hard to focus on water this week but I am finding it hard going.

xx

I know what you mean clare about water. I'm ok in the week but really struggle at weekend - I just forget.

I keep a pint glass on my desk and though I know I shouldn't, I usually down it in half pint intervals. I also always have some before I have a wee...don't ask me why!

xx

Hiya. Newbee here. Just want to say hello and how fab you are doing xx

Yeah I forget to drink too. At work I drink loads in the morning and then pretty much nothing for the rest of the day. I also barely drink anything if I'm out at weekends as you can't always find a loo if you need one! It certainly doesn't come naturally to me to drink loads of water, or drink much of anything really. Before CD I would have maybe 4 cups of tea a day but that was about it.

xx

Afternoon my lovelies.

So, guess what i've been doing today? Yup - MORE planning. I wanted to get my head around what i'm going to do for Christmas/time off...I am HOPING (against hopes, and a meal out) that I will be at target this week - well, upper target anyhow. So, fingers crossed and all being well - Saturday will see me move to the realms of...STEP 2. What's this got to do with Christmas? Well, originally - I had planned to be step 2 for Christmas, but Christmas is four weeks away and regardless of weigh in on 20/12, I will start two weeks of step 3 up until 2nd Jan - STEP THREE! Oh my. With my normal WI on 3rd Jan, I will decide whether to go back down to step two, or stick with step 3.

So, the following few weeks are:
- Weigh in: 22/11 - hoping to be at upper target. (-3lb) REALLY hoping and wanting to be there now (so it probably won't happen now...)
- First 810 week - early weekly weigh in as heading to London (weigh Friday, not Sat)
- Back from London and continuing on with 810 - hoping that i'm going to get last 1/2 stone off too before Christmas, but not holding out hope.
- Have normal weigh in on 20/12 and do 810 for the weekend before BOOM - Monday 22nd I start step 3! :)
- Step 3 until Christmas day. I'm sticking with 400cal meals but sneaking a couple of things not on the allowed list like roast gammon and smoked salmon - i'll be cooking these sort of things myself so I know it'll be lean. Christmas day I will be enjoying my lunch and probably have a pudding but stick to plan for the rest of the day and also not go crazy.
- Until new year, i'm at home and then back to work on 2nd - as i've said above - my WI on the 3rd will be the teller and I will decide what step i'm going to progress with after that point from then.

So, during lunch, I was working out my 2 week Christmas menu and shopping list too - ensuring I know what the plan is, and not putting naughties on the list. The worst things on the list are for OH - i'm sure he'll be adding things, but i've already told him there'll be no buying chocolates and biscuits and he needs to be good too. I really feel like i'm in control at the moment with it all and having the next six weeks planned is really helping my mind to focus.

I am so excited to embark into step 3 which seems more "normal" - it'll be nice just to be having BREAKFAST more than anything. Sneaking a little smoked salmon in for Christmas mornings. Been calculating the calories of things on MFP which is going to be invaluable I feel on this step and the others. I've never been much of a weigher and measurer before when it comes to food, but I think that's been my problem. Until I am comfortable with portion sizes, my scales are my best friends!

I am feeling in the zone! Looking forward to meal out tonight - more for the catch up. Meal will be nice too, but i'm still not great when faced with a portion to know how much I can eat within my SS+ allowance. It's probably more than the point I feel full at...or i'm hoping that's the case anyhow.

Hope you all have a great evening - i'll be back to report tomorrow!

xx

Back