My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Thanks Viita,

Forgot about MFP - just had a quick look now and it all sounds fab. It's such a great tool to evaluate what you're eating and definitely helps me to evaluate what I eat. It's great to hear about how you're managing it, and even better that you're still loosing too.

Me and carbs have a testy relationship, so I just want to limit and weigh measure as it's one thing I am likely to overeat more than anything, but I do take your advice about it - i've had a couple of carb related incidents which make me think my body's already been affected by it...

xx

Morning morning!

Day 2 100% on plan COMPLETE! :) I was very tempted to top my veggie chilli with a little bit of cheese last night but resisted and those resistance muscles were flexed again which did them some good. Went for my second of the week 2 runs and finished grinning from ear to ear! Week two's runs are 90 seconds long with a two minute recovery brisk walk. After the final run, there's five minutes of cool down walking, but I still felt like I had a little energy left so just carried on running (I say running, it's jogging slowly...) I carried on for an extra four minutes! I know this probably doesn't seem like much but it felt like a massive achievement to me and I was really thrilled.

Today is another normal 100% on plan day. I've left chicken marinating in tandoori spices at home for my dinner tonight which i'm really looking forward to - hope it works. Logging everything BEFORE I eat it on MFP which always helps me to stick to a plan.

Really excited for mine and OH's meal out tomorrow night - I think I need to just work like I used to with the diet - between occasions good behaviour and then enjoy the off plan meals.

Feel like i'm finally getting back into my stride now - just need to keep it up. Hope all of you lovely ladies are ok?

xx

this is great flic good show on achieving 100% in all areas. just you keep going it will all add up to a healthier and happier you! lets face it life in the zone is a nice place to be. enjoy your meal tomorrow and then its back on it the next day this is what life of the future will look like.
jx

Morning Flic,

Just reading over your last few days, but of up and down but you sound a lot better now :) I agree with the other ladies about your CDC, exercise as much as eating healthily are going to be key to us maintaining our new weights and the exercise element should not be dismissed.

Hope you have a fab meal out tomorrow night and a good weigh in Saturday!

Just seen you've commented on my log, i'll update now however shameful it is!!!!

xx

Hi Jen,

No it wasn't you at all, it was a random thread from someone not on Cambridge who was completely negative about running in every sense. Basically saying it was bad and there were no benefits and giving advise to people not to even try it!! x

now that is a load of tosh can see why you d of been less impressed.
jx

Morning flick,
your planning post is great, I can sense the positivity.
Have a fab evening with your OH and here's to a nice weigh in ahead at the weekend, you can do this x

I was really hungry for my breakfast today - I usually have it at about 10.30-11.00 (or even later sometimes.) I even drank 1l of water thinking it might stop the hunger for a bit longer, but 10am I was ready! Today I had cold porridge made with water - 30g of oats and 100g of frozen strawberries, topped it with some yoghurt from my dairy allowance and then mixed in my half morning shake (chocolate.) it was fab.

I'm wondering if the additional hunger means that my metabolism is working a bit better with the running (it's probably wishful thinking since i'm only doing a little running, not miles yet!)

I'm feeling really chirpy today - can you tell? Going for a walk at lunch - might nip into the supermarket, but probably better to just go around the block.

xx

Still feeling hungry. I nipped to get an apple at lunchtime and succumbed to a whitworth's berry and white chocolate "shot" also. It's 59 calories and i burned off 92 with my walk back from the shop, so I think it balanced out in the end. I have logged all my dinner and won't be having anything extra this evening, I promise!

xx

Morning all,

God, I was sooo hungry last night! I did end up adding 80g of rice to my dinner as I was so hungry, but was really good otherwise - even though I could have eaten a horse! Got my running kit with me and tonight it'll be straight out for my run, home for a quick shower and change and then out for our special meal - really looking forward to it, especially as i've been good the last couple of days.

A cheeky weigh this morning showed the scales at 11st11lb - only 1lb lighter than Saturday's WI...Hopefully if I pull it back for Friday, I can get a little more shifted. Really want to get working now - I would like to end the month back at upper target, so 2 weeks and 4lbs needs to get gone! I am a little disappointed that it's not coming off quicker, but that's my own stupid fault for letting it get "bedded in." The realisation that I can't carry on cheating at weekends and expect to still loose will hopefully help me keep on the straight and narrow...

xx

Morning all,

God, I was sooo hungry last night! I did end up adding 80g of rice to my dinner as I was so hungry, but was really good otherwise - even though I could have eaten a horse! Got my running kit with me and tonight it'll be straight out for my run, home for a quick shower and change and then out for our special meal - really looking forward to it, especially as i've been good the last couple of days.

A cheeky weigh this morning showed the scales at 11st11lb - only 1lb lighter than Saturday's WI...Hopefully if I pull it back for Friday, I can get a little more shifted. Really want to get working now - I would like to end the month back at upper target, so 2 weeks and 4lbs needs to get gone! I am a little disappointed that it's not coming off quicker, but that's my own stupid fault for letting it get "bedded in." The realisation that I can't carry on cheating at weekends and expect to still loose will hopefully help me keep on the straight and narrow...

xx

Flick your doing fab with the running . . Great dedication to take your kit with you, especially when you have plans this evening,

I'm sure by the end of the month you will be back where you want to be :)

Enjoy your evening :)

you are going in the right direction a fast pace while fab isn t the be all, getter there is the only thing that matters. this has been a good week for me scales wise but the ones before were a little meh, just keep on chipping and i think i does even itself out

is it your meal out tonight? if it is hope your having a fab time and enjoy the oh s company
jxx

Morning all,

Well, I had a fabulous run last night - did 5 minutes additional to the program, so definitely ready for the next week now. Downloaded runkeeper which told me that my route was just over 4km - need to get it a little longer, which I think will be fine - there's a couple of extra loops that I can do.

Meal out with OH was really lovely last night. I had blue cheese souffle to start (which was overcooked) steak with chilli greens (and two of OH's chips) with a little bit of the bearnaise sauce which came with it and chocolate and pistachio fondant for pudding. For the money, it was sort of average, but still a really nice treat. I felt like i'd earned the nice meal because i'd gone and done my run - though the meal was about 1500cals so the running probably only negated my pudding!

Scales 2lb up from yesterday...really hoping it comes down for tomorrow...today I will be really good in the hope that it is favourable.

Yesterday's breakfast was incredible - I can't wait to get some more sachets to recreate next week. 30g porridge oats and 70g tropical fruit from the freezer, 100g fat free yoghurt and 1/2 banana shake. I had to force myself to eat it really slowly because it was sooo tasty. Today is similar, but with summer berries and i'm having to use a chocolate mint shake since it's the only one I have left...not sure what that will be like!

Lunch is spag bol, but with my "salad" allowance is cooked courgette and mushroom with some spinach which I will mix with the spagetti - I find on its own, the spag bol is a bit salty, so with added veg is lovely.

Don't know for dinner tonight, but I got some prawns out of the freezer, so probably prawn salad...

Can you tell i'm hungry this morning?? I feel starving, so getting a bottle of water down now in the hope that it keeps the hunger at bay till at least 10am!

For those I don't catch up with today - have a fabulous valentine's weekend - i'll be thinking of you Kat having a fab time in York!

xx

Your food sounds fab and great that you enjoyed the time with your OH.
Your 2lb on the scales will soon be gone and I bet you have a good weigh in this week.

Flick your seriously inspiring me to " think " about doing a bit running.
I'm still over 13st so maybe not a good idea at the moment but your doing fab and are very inspirational, you will be doing 5k in no time :) there are lots of organised park runs which are 5k so maybe something else you could do to help keep you " on track " no pun intended !

Here's to another great day ahead and good luck for weigh in tomorrow x

Thanks Angel.

I've NEVER, seriously NEVER been a runner. It's not something i'd even considered before, but a couple of ladies in the office do it, and I didn't want to shell out for a gym membership I wasn't using. I'm only two weeks in, but i'm feeling more confident with the program and with my own skills - I'm finding I am actually fitter than I thought. The program is for another 7 weeks which takes me right up to my hen weekend which is quite exciting - then April, I'm hopefully going to be running 5k 3 times per week...

Is it normal do you think to be hungry after such a big meal last night? Like my body's had one big meal and now wants another? Need to just stick with it today, because I could easily go off and eat whatever I fancied... I MUST REMAIN STRONG.

Have told OH there'll be no weekend treats also as i'm going to be good there too - get back into the swing of things properly.

xx

Amazing with the running flic :) Well done.

You'll be doing 10km before you know it!! I only started seriously about 5 months ago and I'm planning a 20KM this weekend with no stopping. It's amazing how quickly you progress. A few weeks back my 10KM time was 1 hour 2 mins which I was happy about. Monday I done it in 59 mins so 3 mins off in just as many weeks. Similar has happened with my 5km.

Let me know if you want any advice at all, more than happy to help. xx

Thanks Liz,

That's brilliant to hear about how quick progress is. I'm hoping to improve more with it. The program is great as a starter and my plan following it is:
- Finish 9 week C25K program - use runkeeper to track runs and log cals to MFP.
- Find a 5k Route and use this for week 10 - 3 runs at 5k hopefully and logging times. Hoping I can start getting the time under 1/2hr.

When did you start doing more than 5k Liz? Did you go up steadily, or just start doing 10K? Did you begin with a combination of run/walking and build up from there, or just run for as long as possible?

When I get to 5K, i'm going to treat myself to a pair of new trainers as my reward - mine are quite battered, and about 5 years old, but super comfy. I'm sure there are better ones on the market which will help me to run better as mine are just generic ones - I should hopefully get a good feel by the time I hit 5k! :)

I can't believe I am talking about running those distances. 4st ago, I wouldn't have even considered it as a concept, let alone enjoy it!

Thanks for your help and support Liz - I really am going to use your knowledge!!

xx

You will so improve. Do not get too caught up on times yet though. My first 5km was 36 mins, I'm now down to 28:20 but only recently did I go to under 30 mins.

Regarding upping the distance I would go up 1km at a time. I've never done the walk/run thing. Only years ago when I was working up to 5km. I would say once you can run 5km ok and enjoy it then start to add an extra KM once every 2 weeks and class this as your long run. I do 5 and 10KM's as my mon-Fri runs (not everyday though) and then a long run at the weekend. You could once your comfortable with 5km do 2-3 mid week 5KM's and one longer weekend run where every week or 2 you add an extra KM until you get to 10km. This is my advice.

I went from 5km straight to 10km, then 12, then 15 and then 18. I done the same distance a few time to get use to it then upped it. I wouldn't advise this though, any runner would think I'm mad but I just feel good so go for it!! Once I'm up to 20 I will stay there for a good few weeks as this is 1km under the half marathon distance and I have my first in 4 weeks. I want to leave the last bit for the day so I feel like I've achieved something on the day. I have 2 half's a week apart!! Crazy lady lol. All for charity though.
xx

You are a mad woman Liz! But amazing too. Thanks for your help and advice. I'm really looking forward to increasing my running and speeds too. Last night (with the walking too) I did 4km in 32mins - I love runkeeper as I can see my route and start tracking it too - hopefully next week, those times will start decreasing and my distance will start increasing....

xx

Morning Morning lovelies,

Well - the weekend has come and gone...again. Sat WI was a STS which was fine - I think I would have lost had I not had the valentine's meal on Thurs - but it was definitely worth the STS to have a lovely meal with OH.

Saturday I was really good - even went into town and OH had lunch and I didn't - waited till I got home. I would say 90% success because I did one of OH's roast potatoes and have some carrot and swede mash.

Yesterday, went for my run (first of week 3 and it went really well) then was good all day...up until...pudding. OH had got a disgustingly calorific cheesecake from Waitrose, and I had a piece. :(

I need to remind myself that I'm NOT in maintenance so I can't be doing this kind of thing yet!! I am struggling with sticking to it at weekends - despite talking to CDC about it for ages, I still need to behave! I did drink loads more water this weekend to try and stop myself from cheating. This worked during the day, but not in the evening...I just need to go to bed sooner to stop myself snacking or cheating in the evening...

So, big slap on the wrist for myself and plans to be good ALL week. We're going to our friend's house for dinner tonight - burgers. I'll not be having bread and i'm taking salad and coleslaw, so I know i'll be able to have something.

Time to be well behaved, otherwise these scales really aren't ever going to be my friends!

xx

Flick, your doing fine and it will just click again and you will go back to finding it a bit easier again. Weekends / leisure time is always going to be a bit more of a struggle but a STS is great, you had a meal with OH and you don't have a lot left to go so the losses always slow . . . .
Your running will also help you feel more motivated again, you will learn how much you need to run in order to burn stuff off and that may help you weigh up wether or not the " naughtier " things are worth it ( hope that makes sense )

Don't be to hard on yourself though, keep up the water & the running and no doubt you will have a lovely loss this week :)

Back