My quiet celebration..........

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Well, had week 9 WI today and am so pleased. Down 4lbs today. I really feel it is worth celebrating because:
This makes a total loss of 44lbs in 9 weeks. :D
That is the equivalent of 352 sausages, 20 bags of sugar, or 21 tins of Roses.:D
I'm now in the seventeen stone range.
Down from 26/28 to a 20/22;)
I have lost 18 inches overall.
Have loads of energy.
Feel feminine again:flirt2:
My next goal is to get to 17st for xmas. That will be all I want for Christmas.
A big thank you to all of you who inspire others to start this great journey to a better, healthier and happier self. Your honesty and openess is just great. Positivity Rocks:D:D

well done hun x
that is super.
you've lost loads in a short time.
you sound really confident and pleased,as you should.
long may it continue x

Yep, it is great to see glimpses in the mirror of who I was 7 or 8 yrs ago. It's a battle but one that I am winning at the moment.

That's brilliant Molly!

You're over 3 stone down already and sounding so happy & positive, I am really pleased for you, well done

keep up the good work!

Clair x

Fantastic Molly! You'll easily hit your 17 stone target well before Christmas. Have you decided what you'll be doing over Christmas itself? I've been doing just a week less than you and I am feeling really energetic now too - more get up and go than I've had for years, and I'm sure I'm sleeping better too.

Jon
xx

Well Done babes thats spectacular. You have lost so much in just 9 weeks you shud be having a loud celebration haha! You will have that stone off before christmas no bothers the way your goin.

Well done you have done so well and in such a short amount of time. Im sure you will get that next stone off before xmas no problem xxx

wow molly thats fantastic.. your losses have been amazing hun, keep up the good work youls hit your next mini target in no time xxx

Love your post Molly! You sound so so happy, positive and proud! It's so great to read about your losses, dress sizes and inches, and hear how it's all changing your life.

You'll be less than 17 stone for Christmas, then all your wishes will come true. So pleased for you!

Thanks everyone for the nice replies. It is the great info and support on here that keeps me focused. Jon, you asked about Christmas. I have read the other threads about what to do over Christmas. The camp seems divided between "keep at it as there will be other Christmases" and "it won't feel right not to celebrate". Personally, I am really torn as to what to do. Do I refeed early Dec, be careful over Xmas and then restart ealy Jan and keep on until Easter? Or just keep going?? My doc has said that it is preferable to take a break from LT every three months or so as 16 weeks is the longest continuous stint anyone should do on it. I'm putting off making any decision for a couple of weeks yet. Have you decided whether to keep on it or to take a break for Xmas? All I will realy miss is a few glasses of wine!!!! Think I could cope without the food, or could I????

Molly, I am staying on LT over Christmas. I'm not stopping until I reach goal. I have worked so hard these past 13 weeks and I'm not going to go through refeed all for one day of turkey, spuds, brussels and a load of booze. All those things will be there when I feel comfortable and fabulous enough to truly enjoy them.

To be honest I'm not a huge Christmas eater. I'm always too excited and busy to eat. I like you will miss my little tipple but being stones lighter means so much more to me than that.

Of course you could cope without food and drink, you done amazingly well these past 9 weeks! Just think of it as another LT day. It's entirely up to you. If you think you could jump straight back on without a problem, then go for it!

Good advice Betsy, as usual, you are on the ball. Just don't want to have to make the decision yet!! I feel very confident that breaking and restarting would not be a problem for me BUT I think I would be better sticking with it. So that's how I am leaning right now!!

Mull it over and see how you feel closer to the time. You may well surpass yourself and lose more than you expected before then. That may sway your decision. I expect you would get back on no problem at all. You've fantastic focus and determination Molly. You'll enjoy yourself whatever your decision as you'll be so much lighter, full of confidence and happy within yourself.

I'm staying on LT over Christmas. I really don't feel the palaver of refeeding, and then going through the Ketosis change again are worth a couple of meals. I reckon it will add at least 2 or 3 weeks to reaching my goal if not more. We're going on a big family holiday in March 2010 and I want to be on an even keel by then so the sooner I reach my goal and work out how I am going to face food realistically again the better.

Jon
xx

Well dome molly ..you always give everyone great advice
44lb is amazing in 9 weeks soon you will be dancing around in a 18/20

debz x

Thanks Debs for the kind comments. Hope I get a good bit more down before Christmas. Jon, the more I think about it I am inclined to think it will be best to stick to it over Christmas. There will be too much temptation to go mad otherwise.

You're doing so wonderfully!! Well done! You must feel fantastic! :)

I'm sure you'll have your Christmas target in the bag by the time it comes around!! :) I was wondering what you were planning to do over Christmas too - I think it's probably something to consider nearer the time, after all, you've still got at least another month before you'd have to think about re-feeding! After my little slip though, I'm inclined to think eating is overrated anyway & that if I still want to lose in December I might steer clear of the Christmas food.

Hannah

Han, thanks. Yep, will wait a few weeks before making a final decision, but you are right, it may be best to steer clear of the whole food thing. Have already decided that the house will be a cake free, pudding free and sweet free zone. Will only be providing fruit smoothies to any callers in lieu of all the cakes!!!

Well done on your loss that is amazing. I am also trying to decide whether to have a break at Christmas. I was was certain that i would but as time goes on i realise that i dont need food to have a good time. Spending time with family in my new body and being filled with confidence will be celebration enough. My sister's in law are all really thin and always made me feel rubbish about myself and tried to put me down. Well not this year. They had better watch themselves if they try because I won't just take it anymore x x

Back