My race to get bikini body ready by holiday..

Exactly! When I'm feeling a bit down about a small loss or even when I gain sometimes, I always try to think "at least I'm lighter than I would be if I wasn't trying at all"!

Thats so true! If you think of it like that your always going to be better off! I guess as the weeks go on it will all add up and in months from now we'll be much happier I hope!!! How much do you want to lose and when by? xxx

Hi hun, thats exactly the attitude to have. We all get our down days/weeks but we should feel proud that we're actively doing something about it & in a sustainable way. I no I'm not alone when I say I've tried all the wrong ways 2 lose weight, and I did lose, but it wasn't sustainable-SW is a change of eating habits, hard at times I agree, but if we stick to it we'll get the results.
Hope you're feeling a bit better Paige, you're really not alone. Lets have a fab week this week :) do u WI on Wednesday? I'll b doing it tomorrow & after the wk I've had I'll b happy 2 maintain :rolleyes: Lisa x

I definetely am feeling better after ranting on here! its nice knowing everyone feels this way now and again!!! I do have miune on Wednesday! Good luck for tomorrow im sure you'll do fab!!!!

Ive had a good weekend too! I was off plan yesterday, as i went out on the lash hahaha! But tbh i haven't had loads if syns through the week! Ive been quite good today tho! You might be feeling crappy now, but just think in a couple of months time, and the goal you want to achieve you'll be glad you stuck to it! :) xx

Aww I'm glad!! aww don't worry about it everyone has to have a treat every now again! exactly so it all adds up!! thats exactly what im thinking when im 2 stone lighter il be so glad im doing this I hope!!! xxx

Thats so true! If you think of it like that your always going to be better off! I guess as the weeks go on it will all add up and in months from now we'll be much happier I hope!!! How much do you want to lose and when by? xxx

My target for the moment is just under 10 stone. I want to be in the 9 stone bracket and 9 stone 10 puts my BMI in "average". I've set my initial target to 10.5 stone though as I get married in May and want to be at least that before I get married. 13lbs left till I get there... just hope my wedding dress still fits me then. It does fit now but is a little too snug... don't want to go too far and have it be too big!

My target for the moment is just under 10 stone. I want to be in the 9 stone bracket and 9 stone 10 puts my BMI in "average". I've set my initial target to 10.5 stone though as I get married in May and want to be at least that before I get married. 13lbs left till I get there... just hope my wedding dress still fits me then. It does fit now but is a little too snug... don't want to go too far and have it be too big!

Oh wow congratulations!! I'm sure you'll look fab no matter how much you weigh but thats a really great thing to aim for!!! Just think of how you would have looked in your dress compared to now im sure that will make you feel so much better!!!xxx

Woops I seem to have forgot to put my diary in for day 10/11 so here goes;

Day 11

Breakfast - Egg and beans on whole meal toast (HEX B and free)
Lunch - Banana and weight watchers yoghurt (superfree and 0.5 syn)
Dinner - Weight watchers wrap with cheese and pepperoni (7.5 Syns)
Snacks - Callipo, grapes, homemade brownie and home made ferrero rocher (7 syns)

TOTAL - 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 11

Breakfast - Eggs, bacon, veggie sausage, beans, wholemeal bread+butter (free, HEXB and 1 syn)
Lunch - Weight watchers yoghurt and pineapple (free)
Dinner - Cheese and spinach tortellini with cheese and beans (6 syns)
Snacks - 2 x jelly, home made ferrero rocher and baked walkers , banana (7.5)

Okay I need some help, I know your recommended to have between 5-15 syns but you should try and have a syn per stone that you weigh, now most days I have between 10-15 syns and I've started to feel slightly guilty having 15 and wondering if this is going to slow down my weight loss, has anyone found the less syns they have the more weight they lose or is it the opposite due to not having enough fat? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Day 12

Breakfast - WW yoghurt and berries (free and super free)
lunch - WW soup and wholemeal bread (HEX B and 4 syns)
dinner - shepherds pie and beans (free and superfree)
snacks - skips and curly wurly plus we yoghurt and home made brownie (11syns)

Okay I need some help, I know your recommended to have between 5-15 syns but you should try and have a syn per stone that you weigh, now most days I have between 10-15 syns and I've started to feel slightly guilty having 15 and wondering if this is going to slow down my weight loss, has anyone found the less syns they have the more weight they lose or is it the opposite due to not having enough fat? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

I think it works differently for everyone, but I've ALWAYS found I lose more when I use more and I've never heard the rule about a syn per stone that you weigh :S I honestly have never worried about having my syns as that's what they're there for. They're supposed to mean you can have things you enjoy guilt-free so why feel guilty for using them?

Morning hun x
I'm quite bad with my syns: quite conscious abt "eating" them as I dnt feel I need to if I can help it-almost all my meals r free, I find using HEx is enough & I usually lose every week. However I do "drink" them lol but I'm still aware of them then!
But like the last comment said, every person is different. Maybe u should hv a month using all ur syns, c how u go "loss" wise, then cut down the month after if u dnt feel u need as much & c how u go then?
Lxx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think it works differently for everyone, but I've ALWAYS found I lose more when I use more and I've never heard the rule about a syn per stone that you weigh :S I honestly have never worried about having my syns as that's what they're there for. They're supposed to mean you can have things you enjoy guilt-free so why feel guilty for using them?

Thats what hat I thought but both my consultant and someone I work with who is on SW said you should have one per stone up to the weight of 15st then people over 15st get more, I just keep using my full 15 and feeling guilty especially when other people barely touch them! I guess it depends what people spend theirs on, mine is chocolate and crisps hahaha!!!! Wow I hope that's the case as I should lose loads hahaha!!!! Xxx

Morning hun x
I'm quite bad with my syns: quite conscious abt "eating" them as I dnt feel I need to if I can help it-almost all my meals r free, I find using HEx is enough & I usually lose every week. However I do "drink" them lol but I'm still aware of them then!
But like the last comment said, every person is different. Maybe u should hv a month using all ur syns, c how u go "loss" wise, then cut down the month after if u dnt feel u need as much & c how u go then?
Lxx

i wish I was!!! Mine tend to all be gone by lunch time but then I'm not really one for snacking in the evening!! Yes that's a good idea I might do that!!! Thankyou :D

i wish I was!!! Mine tend to all be gone by lunch time but then I'm not really one for snacking in the evening!! Yes that's a good idea I might do that!!! Thankyou :D

That's my downfall-nightime snacking! Once my little girl's gone 2 bed its like a switch & I just want to snack, even though I'm full after supper?! Just keep adjusting them to suit ur weight loss x L x

That's my downfall-nightime snacking! Once my little girl's gone 2 bed its like a switch & I just want to snack, even though I'm full after supper?! Just keep adjusting them to suit ur weight loss x L x

Awww see I get bad if I know I have my HEXA OR HEXB left as I eat them for the sake of it!! My mums the same she doesnt have any syns all day but eats them all at night when we;re in bed!!!

Awww see I get bad if I know I have my HEXA OR HEXB left as I eat them for the sake of it!! My mums the same she doesnt have any syns all day but eats them all at night when we;re in bed!!!

We're all the same aren't we lol :) need my HEx during the day 2 keep going, but lately been having laughing cow on ryvita at night which seems 2 do the trick. Also going to start a "treat tin" that someone told me abt yesterday- a tin full of low syn treats eg, milky bars, alpen light bars etc. I hv tins 4 my daughter & my fiance has his biscuit tin, abt time I hv mine 2! :eek: Lx

We're all the same aren't we lol :) need my HEx during the day 2 keep going, but lately been having laughing cow on ryvita at night which seems 2 do the trick. Also going to start a "treat tin" that someone told me abt yesterday- a tin full of low syn treats eg, milky bars, alpen light bars etc. I hv tins 4 my daughter & my fiance has his biscuit tin, abt time I hv mine 2! :eek: Lx

Wow what a fab idea, although I think someone may have to take the tin away from me hahaha!!!

Hi everyone

thought I was being really good today but I've buggered up again (excuse my language) thought I saw on the SW website that WW pittas were free as a HEX B, turns out they are but only thr whole meal ones, didn't read it correctly scoffed one down for lunch and brought two packs as they were on offer :( :( I know they are only 5 syns each but was really excited as I thoight they were free!! Oh well!!! Made an amazing dip last night with mum - chive and garlic OMG was amazing and everyone in my office loved it and wanted the reciepe, tasted lovely in my pitta LOL :(

breakfast - WW yoghurt and jelly (0.5)
lunch - WW pita (5) grapes and WW yoghurt (0.5)
dinner - jacket potato with beans and cheese (free and HEX A)
dessert - a cookies and cream sundae (read online this is around 20syns but as I shared it with my friend I'm planning to only count around 10syns)

5 syns is ok hun, especially ad u were wondering about using your syns in meals? X
Let's have the dip recipe then....:eek: x L x

re: your syns query

I was just having a look at the website and read this:-

[h=3]step3: syns[/h][h=4]Syns include:[/h]
  • Alcohol
  • Biscuits
  • Cakes
  • Chocolate
  • Pastries
  • Crisps
  • Sugar
  • Fats

Syns are the way that Food Optimising gives you a wonderful safety net, to ensure you lose weight with a mixture of plenty of freewheeling, plus just enough structure and control. All foods that aren’t Free have a Syn value. Counting the Syns you use each day helps you balance your diet for optimum weight loss, and maximum enjoyment.

Enjoy 5 to 15 Syns a day - how many is up to you!

Back