My race to get bikini body ready by holiday..

Hi there :D thanks for subscribing how are you doing?! How did you do your first week? I'm trying hard I just need to find a bit of variety!!! Xx

Morning

I'm good thanks how are you? I lost 5lbs. I started on Monday but didn't want to weigh on Mondays so I weighed a few days early. So pleased with my first week, I was convinced that I was exactly the same!

This site will help you get variety have a look at the recipes and other peoples diaries plus people will suggest dinners etc to help you out.

Xxxx

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for subscribing!!
It's great you've found the motivation to come back especially as you had such great results before! I love hearing stories like yours as it shows me SW really does work if you stick to it! Wow that would be fab I really do need help finding a few more healthy dishes to like!!! Xx

Hi hun x it definitely works! But a lot of it comes from feeling positive abt it too, I think it's because we're having to plan ahead so much? And I think I've just been lacking that attitude since Christmas. Ready to start a fresh tomorrow! :) although staying on plan today, I've not really planned meals etc.
Ru using mug shots yet? The tom & herb, along with a few others r free. They're quick & filling. Do u like eggs? Hv a load of egg based recipes if u do-all free! :)
Hv a great morning xx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning

I'm good thanks how are you? I lost 5lbs. I started on Monday but didn't want to weigh on Mondays so I weighed a few days early. So pleased with my first week, I was convinced that I was exactly the same!

This site will help you get variety have a look at the recipes and other peoples diaries plus people will suggest dinners etc to help you out.

Xxxx

good!! I'm great thanks just been cooked a grill up, makes me feel naughty like I'm not even on a diet!!!! Wow that's amazing you must feel so happy with that!!!! Xx

Last edited:
Hi hun x it definitely works! But a lot of it comes from feeling positive abt it too, I think it's because we're having to plan ahead so much? And I think I've just been lacking that attitude since Christmas. Ready to start a fresh tomorrow! :) although staying on plan today, I've not really planned meals etc.
Ru using mug shots yet? The tom & herb, along with a few others r free. They're quick & filling. Do u like eggs? Hv a load of egg based recipes if u do-all free! :)
Hv a great morning xx

I can believe that! That's why I love this site as you have so many people in the same situation! Yes that's exactly it!! For me trying to organise myself around work etc it can get really hard to organise exactly what I'm going to have!! I think it's harder over Christmas as you just want to treat yourself don't you! I have had one mug shot, it was ok but not my first choice of lunch but I'm going to try some more and hopefully find one I like a lot!! I do like eggs! Yes please!!!

you too!!! Xxx

Last edited:
good!! I'm great thanks just been cooked a grill up, makes me feel naughty like I'm not even on a diet!!!! Wow that's amazing you must feel so happy with that!!!! Xx

Oooo yummy!! I know it's crazy isn't it!! You so don't feel deprived of anything !

Yes was so pleased. Was very unexpected!! Xxx

Morning P! (well- afternoon now!)

That list you did was surely helpful!
Turns out there are a lot of veggies that you can tolerate. Why don't you try introducing just one into your menu's each week and see how you go...

It's so much easier to give others advice though isn't it? I had subway AND McDonalds on the way home from the pub last night.
Nice.

Oooo yummy!! I know it's crazy isn't it!! You so don't feel deprived of anything !

Yes was so pleased. Was very unexpected!! Xxx

I know!! My OH was like are you sure your on a diet hahaha!!! Wow keep up the good work I'm sure it will fall off!!! Xx

Last edited:
Morning P! (well- afternoon now!)

That list you did was surely helpful!
Turns out there are a lot of veggies that you can tolerate. Why don't you try introducing just one into your menu's each week and see how you go...

It's so much easier to give others advice though isn't it? I had subway AND McDonalds on the way home from the pub last night.
Nice.

Good afternoon Kimberley, I hope your feeling better now!!'

i think writing that list really helped me and I realised I wasn't actually as fussy as I thought! Today I'm going to try and have a roast with lots of veggies to fill me up and do alternative nights with veggies and beans as I do love my beans hahah!!!! It actually is!!! Aww but it's a treat and you know that, your probably not eating half as much rubbish as you may have been before so don't feel bad everyone deserves a treat every now and again!!!! Xxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Not really sure if many people read my posts but I like writing on here as it makes me feel a lot better when I'm feeling down.

All weekend I've felt really frustrated at myself for letting myself gain so much weight, this time last year I had a fab figure that I should have tried my hardest to maintain but obviously I've only noticed that now since I've gained all this weight. It doesn't help that all my friends are tiny despite eating whatever they want and one of my friends that was quite bigger than me has recently lost a huge amount of weight and is now smaller than ive ever been.

I just my problem is wanting to lose all this weight in such a short amount of time and its really not going to happen that way at all, I think once ive got the weight off im really going to try my best to keep it off in a healthy way rather than using a diet or watching what I eat. If anyone else is feeling a bit down please feel free to comment, would be nice to chat to someone in a similar position. xx

Hi hun xx I totally understand how u feel x I always want the weight gone so quickly! But I've realised, for me, that the added time pressure gets me down & therefore comfort eat! 12 wks before Christmas I told myself that I wasn't going to stress, that 1lb a wk was more than enough 2 lose, & tgat attitude meant I lost 10lb by xmas & I never felt down during that time. Please dnt b so hard on yourself, it sounds as if ur doing the plan really well, u can only c results if u carry on the way u r xx
Saying that, been so bad with my syns since then so hv put weight bk on & feeling pretty crap 2 b honest. However, I've given myself a right talking 2 & starting a fresh tomorrow, positive thinking & no pressure on myself, join me?! :)
You're really not alone hun x I've been the biggest out of all my friends my entire life: until I found SW, now they're reaching 30, still eating what they think they can, but beginning to put the weight on! Our advantage is we know now what we should b eating.
My advice is hv a glass of wine tonight (if u drink), a nice edible treat & start a fresh tomorrow. Xx Lisa x

Hi hun xx I totally understand how u feel x I always want the weight gone so quickly! But I've realised, for me, that the added time pressure gets me down & therefore comfort eat! 12 wks before Christmas I told myself that I wasn't going to stress, that 1lb a wk was more than enough 2 lose, & tgat attitude meant I lost 10lb by xmas & I never felt down during that time. Please dnt b so hard on yourself, it sounds as if ur doing the plan really well, u can only c results if u carry on the way u r xx
Saying that, been so bad with my syns since then so hv put weight bk on & feeling pretty crap 2 b honest. However, I've given myself a right talking 2 & starting a fresh tomorrow, positive thinking & no pressure on myself, join me?! :)
You're really not alone hun x I've been the biggest out of all my friends my entire life: until I found SW, now they're reaching 30, still eating what they think they can, but beginning to put the weight on! Our advantage is we know now what we should b eating.
My advice is hv a glass of wine tonight (if u drink), a nice edible treat & start a fresh tomorrow. Xx Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

Im glad im not the only one!! The thing is I've been really good and haven't slipped up so its not even like I have a reason to feel bad I just really want to weight gone now so I can start feeling better with myself. I really hope this is enough of a eye opener to make sure I never have to use SW again once ive lost the weight its just hard because everything bad tastes so good! Wow well done losing all that weight for chrismtas thats really great!! xx

Heeeeey paige, hows your weekend been? :) x

Hi Beth!!

My weekend itself has been quite good, ive been really good food wise but feeling a bit crappy at the moment with it all! hows your weekend been?! :D X

Hi everyone, Not really sure if many people read my posts but I like writing on here as it makes me feel a lot better when I'm feeling down. All weekend I've felt really frustrated at myself for letting myself gain so much weight, this time last year I had a fab figure that I should have tried my hardest to maintain but obviously I've only noticed that now since I've gained all this weight. It doesn't help that all my friends are tiny despite eating whatever they want and one of my friends that was quite bigger than me has recently lost a huge amount of weight and is now smaller than ive ever been. I just my problem is wanting to lose all this weight in such a short amount of time a nd its really not going to happen that way at all, I think once ive got the weight off im really going to try my best to keep it off in a healthy way rather than using a diet or watching what I eat. If anyone else is feeling a bit down please feel free to comment, would be nice to chat to someone in a similar position. xx

Hi lovely

Firstly your not alone!! I feel like this all the time!!! Like I'm 23 yet feel like a frumpy old lady!!! And get so annoyed why I did this to myself!!!

I get annoyed and almost think right I've stuck to the diet for two weeks why aren't I skinny?! Which obviously isn't realistic lol!!!

But you defo aren't alone, I know how u feel with friends. All my friends are size 8-10 all eat crap and stay a size 8! Seriously how is that fair.

Well no more lovely we will be the skinny friends in no time!!!!

Always here if you need a chat!!! Xxxx

I think lots of us feel that way Paige, hun. I lost 4 stone in 2012 and I felt amazing... never felt so good about myself, as I've always been bigger than my friends and it's always been an issue for me. Now having to start again because I've put some back on, it's so frustrating because I know how I felt before, I constantly think to myself WHY would you let yourself creep back up when you felt amazing before!

It's so hard to be patient and just wait for it to come off though. I lost 1lb at weigh in this morning and I was disappointed it wasn't more... but I shouldn't be. At least it's going in the right direction. 1lb a week for a year is nearly 4 stone so it's not like it's a small loss! Just have to remember that as long as you're doing something about it, you WILL get to where you want to be :)

Hi lovely

Firstly your not alone!! I feel like this all the time!!! Like I'm 23 yet feel like a frumpy old lady!!! And get so annoyed why I did this to myself!!!

I get annoyed and almost think right I've stuck to the diet for two weeks why aren't I skinny?! Which obviously isn't realistic lol!!!

But you defo aren't alone, I know how u feel with friends. All my friends are size 8-10 all eat crap and stay a size 8! Seriously how is that fair.

Well no more lovely we will be the skinny friends in no time!!!!

Always here if you need a chat!!! Xxxx

AW 23 is definitely not old do not think that at all!!! Im the same ive only done it a week yet expect to be 2 stone lighter which definitely will not be happening haha!! The thing is I used to be exactly the same i ate whatever I want and I was the same size as my friends but always slightly curvier but I like being curvy but recently I've just got bigger whilst they all get smaller and I cannot wait to be able to wear the same size clothes as them again!!!! Thank you so much you too!!! x

I think lots of us feel that way Paige, hun. I lost 4 stone in 2012 and I felt amazing... never felt so good about myself, as I've always been bigger than my friends and it's always been an issue for me. Now having to start again because I've put some back on, it's so frustrating because I know how I felt before, I constantly think to myself WHY would you let yourself creep back up when you felt amazing before!

It's so hard to be patient and just wait for it to come off though. I lost 1lb at weigh in this morning and I was disappointed it wasn't more... but I shouldn't be. At least it's going in the right direction. 1lb a week for a year is nearly 4 stone so it's not like it's a small loss! Just have to remember that as long as you're doing something about it, you WILL get to where you want to be :)

Wow firstly well done that is so much weight to lose!!! Thats how I feel but looking back at pictures I didnt realise I had a good figure until now when its gone!! See 1lb is fab but I know id feel exactly the same, I think because I lost so much the first week Im expecting that kind of loss each week but I know that is not healthy or realistic! I guess the way we have to see it is we're one week or two weeks or 2 months ahead of what we would be if we didnt start SW at all!!! xx

Wow firstly well done that is so much weight to lose!!! Thats how I feel but looking back at pictures I didnt realise I had a good figure until now when its gone!! See 1lb is fab but I know id feel exactly the same, I think because I lost so much the first week Im expecting that kind of loss each week but I know that is not healthy or realistic! I guess the way we have to see it is we're one week or two weeks or 2 months ahead of what we would be if we didnt start SW at all!!! xx

Exactly! When I'm feeling a bit down about a small loss or even when I gain sometimes, I always try to think "at least I'm lighter than I would be if I wasn't trying at all"!

Exactly! When I'm feeling a bit down about a small loss or even when I gain sometimes, I always try to think "at least I'm lighter than I would be if I wasn't trying at all"!

Hi hun, thats exactly the attitude to have. We all get our down days/weeks but we should feel proud that we're actively doing something about it & in a sustainable way. I no I'm not alone when I say I've tried all the wrong ways 2 lose weight, and I did lose, but it wasn't sustainable-SW is a change of eating habits, hard at times I agree, but if we stick to it we'll get the results.
Hope you're feeling a bit better Paige, you're really not alone. Lets have a fab week this week :) do u WI on Wednesday? I'll b doing it tomorrow & after the wk I've had I'll b happy 2 maintain :rolleyes: Lisa x

Hi Beth!! My weekend itself has been quite good, ive been really good food wise but feeling a bit crappy at the moment with it all! hows your weekend been?! :D X

Ive had a good weekend too! I was off plan yesterday, as i went out on the lash hahaha! But tbh i haven't had loads if syns through the week! Ive been quite good today tho! You might be feeling crappy now, but just think in a couple of months time, and the goal you want to achieve you'll be glad you stuck to it! :) xx

Back