My S&S arrived today!

Also, I've bought some teeth whitening strip things off ebay and when I'm dishing tea up I put these on, you can't eat/drink with them on! Result!!

Ha ha! Sounds like a less drastic version of wiring your jaw up :D

And as an example of it getting easier the OH is eating cheese and biscuits for lunch now but I'm actually not hungry since my shake this morning so won't have my bar until later. Once I've had that I will have my spag bol and veggies at about 7 and that's all I need for the day to be hunger free. As foolsgold says there is the odd occasion when I'm really hungry but just a handful of days since I started (I'm on week 10) and I just have an extra pack if I really need one. You did exactly the right thing last night. Or buy some of the allowed veg and have a bit to snack on if you need to.

Thanks guys:) today so far hasn't been as bad hunger wise. Typically though the OH arranged for us to meet friends for pub lunch. On day 2!!!!!! Have been very good, had my soup and drank plain water otherwise. But OH wound me up, as did friends, all saying "oh, have something today and have a few drinks then start properly tomorrow" grr!! I said that day 1 was beyond awful and NO WAY was I going to go through that again just to please them! But they still calling me party pooper. Anyway, tough! This was a real test for me....and I passed!

Glad you ignored them. :). Whilst my OH isn't supportive as such he doesn't actually say things like 'go on, just have a bit of this' as he knows I'm doing it for my own good. This is one of the reasons it's so important to stay on track (or only have protein if you are going to go off plan) as it's damn difficult to be trying to get back into ketosis continually. So if you cheat with carb laden things it's not a good diet to be on as quite apart from the extra calories it's damn hard getting into ketosis again which I think is some of the reason that people give up. Having said all of that it's a very easy diet to do if you can stick with it. Easiest I've ever done anyway because there's no choice (other than what foodpack to have) and no calorie / points counting, weighing of foods etc.

Thanks for handy hints....today been so different, have felt hungry but not starving or sick and shaky like yesterday. Haven't even got a headache today. Feeling positive, so far so good! :)

Thanks, have survived day two and now day three awaits! Last night very hard, had to really stop myself caving about fifty times. But kept reading stories on here for inspiration and the support from you guys kept me going....can't thank you enough! Am hoping it gets easier from today on, but am definitely not as hungry. Unfortunately I think the "emotional" hunger will be what I will struggle with. And trying to change bad habits such as waiting till the OH goes to bed and then bingeing. It's pretty much what I did every night for so long that I am struggling with what to do instead! I am not at a place in my head where I think ooh well I can exercise. Gahh! That idea fills me with horror. Maybe further down the line....but not yet. Anyway all, standing at the side of a freezing football pitch right now watching my ten year old play football, can't wait to get home and have my shake. And got bottled water in car. Can't drink yet as will need a wee and no place to go lol. Anyway, will stop rambling now but just want to say a big THANKS to you all! :)

You're doing great and sound like you have the mental strength to do this diet. A lot of willpower is definitely needed in the first few days. The results really are worth it though. Maybe have a sneaky look at the scales when you've been on this for about 4 days if you haven't already and I'm sure you'll show a loss by then. Lots of people only weigh once a week but my food addiction has turned into a daily weighing addiction. :). I've pretty much moved away from the place where I would have turned to food in the evening and now I surf the net endlessly in the evening as I find that this diet makes me need less sleep than before, probably because I'm not eating carb laden foods that made me feel bloated and lethargic.

I'm so with you re the exercise. :) I can't face it either, although I used to be really sporty when I was younger (and thinner!). They do say not to overdo the exercise on this diet though as you won't be getting the calories you need for burning the extra energy and I'm happy to oblige ;).

Ha, I lurve the "don't exercise" thing lol, like I need any persuasion! :) I hate exercise, I have a (size 8) friend who is at the gym every day and runs 5k three eves a week. Even if it meant I could be a size 8 I still couldn't do that!!!! I always see these people who enjoy exercise and think "what am I missing here" as it's such hard horrible work, it hurts, I'm hot, sweating buckets and it's just torture! Ah well, I would settle for size 12 anyway :)

Oh heaven help me, having awful evening, starving hungry and sooo tempted to eat. Bloody OH sat there and ate 2 bags of crisps then a plate of cheese and crackers (this is after a big evening meal btw!) and then said "hmm I could eat some malt loaf now" Aaarghh! I got up and said "thats IT! I am going upstairs to watch tv. Before I kill myself. Or you." grrr! He is one of those really annoying skinny blokes who eats non-stop, and never gains an ounce, and he isn't exactly helpful or supportive!!! So as if it wasn't bad enough what with the hunger pains, I am feeling pretty peed off as well! Anyway, most important thing is I am sticking to it, and telling myself it will be worth it. And anyway, if I do away with the OH, I can plead temporary insanity due to starvation lol ;-)

Your post made me laugh! You do eventually almost get used to other people eating :). The OH cooked himself a bacon sandwich earlier that smelt fantastic and now he's demolishing a chocolate cheesecake. My fault re the cheesecake though as I somehow ordered 2 packets of broccoli in my online shop and couldn't get the additional one in the freezer without turfing something out. So out came the cheesecake that I told him to eat :)

And pre this diet it would have been the broccoli that got binned!

It is not so much the food but not being able to have a relaxing glass of wine on the weekend that I am really missing. We would easily polish off a bottle a night and now the lid gets screwed back on. Trouble is dh still offers me a glass as I explain for the umpteenth time that I can't have any.
Online food shopping stops the temptation or from showing me what I'm missing. My girls wanted to make chocolate cake yesterday so we popped in just to 1 aisle and straight out before we ended up with a basket full of naughties.
Have to admit though I have been adding some Xmas stock to online shop for when I have a break and it is not the low fat version. Celebrations, choc fingers, all getting stashed away.

Hmm what is it about men that make them not understand this diet lol. I have tried to explain it about twenty times now. Anyway, onto day 4, am at work but have quiet day which is good. However, am having a bit of a mind struggle though, prior to starting this, if I finished early, I would dash home and have a big scoff before picking kids up at 3.30pm from school. Today I am likely to be home by 2pm and am feeling anxious, aargh, what will i do instead of sitting down for an hour with a book and eating???? Crikey, this will be a real test today....well, suppose every day has it's own obstacles. Might go round some shops instead, don't know if I trust myself alone in the house! Am trying to leave my first weigh-in until I am really desperate, in the hope that it's a good loss and keeps me on the wagon :) I don't want to weigh yet in case it's not as good as I hoped, which would make me throw the towel in-I know myself only too well lol. Have a great day and thankyou again for support and encouragement, believe me, it's the only thing keeping me going!

Oh heaven help me, having awful evening, starving hungry and sooo tempted to eat. Bloody OH sat there and ate 2 bags of crisps then a plate of cheese and crackers (this is after a big evening meal btw!) and then said "hmm I could eat some malt loaf now" Aaarghh! I got up and said "thats IT! I am going upstairs to watch tv. Before I kill myself. Or you." grrr! He is one of those really annoying skinny blokes who eats non-stop, and never gains an ounce, and he isn't exactly helpful or supportive!!! So as if it wasn't bad enough what with the hunger pains, I am feeling pretty peed off as well! Anyway, most important thing is I am sticking to it, and telling myself it will be worth it. And anyway, if I do away with the OH, I can plead temporary insanity due to starvation lol ;-)

Tell me about it !!!lol my other half came home a bit merry fri night and sat there with a takeaway pizza , sure our sense of smell gets heightened when on a diet .... god it smelled absolutely delicous I sat there drooling while he sat there saying how gorgeous it tasted how he is still breathing I do not know !!!Yaay to us we must have some great will power !!!

Funnily enough I've been quite relaxed about seeing / smelling food since starting this diet. There has been 1 occasion where I could have committed murder and that was when the OH picked me up from the station and said that he needed bread and could we pick up a french stick on the way home. So there I was holding onto a warm french stick for 10 minutes in the car. That was torture. I had to be content with sniffing it :)

Last night I really fancied a glass of wine and had to really tell myself not to have one. Luckily I stayed strong. From being a several glasses a night girl I haven't found being off the booze too bad but I did really fancy a nice glass last night. Had some flavoured water instead!

Wow good self control! It won't be drink I miss, but am struggling with hunger pains, and will have to relearn new habits ie not sitting scoffing all the time!

Tell me about it !!!lol my other half came home a bit merry fri night and sat there with a takeaway pizza , sure our sense of smell gets heightened when on a diet .... god it smelled absolutely delicous I sat there drooling while he sat there saying how gorgeous it tasted how he is still breathing I do not know !!!Yaay to us we must have some great will power !!!

Heh, same happened to me but with fish and chips before I had to go out for a 3 hour long course at collage,glad I didn't nip one but I was a bit stressy before leaving.. :sigh:

Back