My second first day on Slimming World! How's my food?

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Hi everyone,

I'm starting EE today and just wanted to run my food past y'all... if there is anything I'm doing wrong please shout - and any tips would be much appreciated!

--
Breakfast:
  • 2 Weetabix (HEXB) + 150ml semi skimmed milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Mid-morning snack:
  • 6 strawberries & 1 banana chopped and mixed with a large dollop of 0% Yeo Valley natural yohgurt
  • Cup of tea with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Lunch:
  • Large salad made of iceberg, few green beans, tomato, cucumber and a tin of tuna (in brine) + one hard boiled egg + 1.5 level tbsp mayo (7.5 syns)

Afternoon:
  • Fruit (pear, nectarine, plum, satsuma, apple - probably not all of them!)
  • Pack of Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns)
  • Cup of coffee with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Dinner:
  • Something like steak with new potatoes and green beans, 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
  • Chocolate mini milk ice lolly (1.5 syns)
--

So - by my calculations that's 14.5 syns for the day and 1 HexA and 1 HexB... is that right?

Am I ok having so much granulated Splenda? 6-8 tsp per day?

Willl my cereal and a couple of hot drinks go over the 250ml semi skimmed do you think? Should I be 'synning' the dashes?

Definitely need to get some extra light mayo - it's completely sapped my syn allowance!

Thanks...

Spots xx

Hi have you measured out the milk? It's hard to estimate with milk, so it would be worth checking that as 250ml is a lot less than it sounds!

Hi LL, no, I need to get a little measuring jug/bottle thingee for work... I have a pretty good idea as I've been calorie counting for a while and using 125ml on my cereal (measured) - you're right, it's not much! Will measure properly going forwards :) x

In a clever change of events I didn't end up eating my Weetabix, so my diary has changed somewhat...

Breakfast:

• 1 small pear
  • 1 plum
  • 1 cup of tea with a dash of milk (HexA) and 2 tsp Splenda

Lunch:

• Large salad made of iceberg, few green beans, tomato, cucumber and a tin of tuna (in brine) + one hard boiled egg + 1.5 level tbsp mayo (7.5 syns)
  • 6 strawberries & 1 banana chopped and mixed with a large dollop of 0% fat Yeo Valley natural yogurt

Afternoon:

• Fruit (nectarine, satsuma, apple - probably not all of them!)
  • Pack of Walkers French Fries (4.5 syns)
  • Cup of coffee with milk (HEXA) + 2 tsp granulated Splenda

Dinner:

• Something like steak with new potatoes and green beans, 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
  • Chocolate mini milk ice lolly (1.5 syns)

x

Back again...

Fruit - free
Salad - free
Tuna - free
Mayo - 7.5 syns
Alpen light bars x 2 - HexB
French fries - 4 syns
Ketchup - 1 syn
0% fat Natural yogurt - free
Milk in teas/coffees - HexA

So that's 12.5 syns... room for mini milk later if fruit not hitting spot!

Are those values right for EE??

Spots xx

Back