My SF Diary

Brilliant! You must post a pic when you're finished :)

So just been for a run which was so hard! I've not done anything for 2 weeks :-/ I beat my PB on 5k though so really happy with that. Feeling focused at the minute. I got some cucumber and carrot sticks to snack on if I feel the urge to. I made up some sugar free jelly with raspberries and mandarin segments and split it in to 4 portions. I know one portion would be 0pp but if I want another one, how many pp would it be? I also bought some merengue nests and plan to have one with some jelly and squirty cream later :D

I'm making a shepherds pie for dinner tonight which I'm looking forward to as well. xxx

That sounds like a well prepared day!

How long have you been running for? I went for my first run on Monday and enjoyed it as it was so much harder than any of the exercise I have been doing for the last year. I feel very self-conscious running in front of people though - and ended up walking when there were people around. Did you experience this at the start? Did it pass?

I started knitting squares in different shades of pink, purple, green and black for a patchwork blanket several years ago. Unfortunately my cats don't go out as much as they used to so I never get a chance to do any anymore as they attach me and the wool as soon as I get it out.

Aww that's so cute about ur cats! My cat likes playing with the toilet roll!

Atomic pink said:
That sounds like a well prepared day!

How long have you been running for? I went for my first run on Monday and enjoyed it as it was so much harder than any of the exercise I have been doing for the last year. I feel very self-conscious running in front of people though - and ended up walking when there were people around. Did you experience this at the start? Did it pass?

I started knitting squares in different shades of pink, purple, green and black for a patchwork blanket several years ago. Unfortunately my cats don't go out as much as they used to so I never get a chance to do any anymore as they attach me and the wool as soon as I get it out.

I started running this time last year and couldn't even run for 1 minute without feeling like my chest would explode! I now run 5k or 10k and can do those without stopping. I really love love running. It's free and anyone can do it. You really improve so quickly. I think it helps that I walk too and from work every day as well. I defo felt self conscious when I started.... But everyone has to start somewhere! When I see people, it makes me want to keep going as I don't want to stop in front of them in case they think I'm a slacker! Haha! What is it about you running and seeing people that you feel self conscious about? I haters it when I first started but now I really enjoy going out for a run. I don't always want to mind but I think of the feeling I get afterwards - the achievement and the endorphins and it makes me go. Are you following some kind of plan? I know lots of people follow couch to 5k and have had some really good results xx

Hope your weekend is going well Mets! You do sound very well planned. I too am on my own this weekend as hubby is at a stag do. The last time I was left to my own devices while he went on a stag do, I bought myself a pack of mars ice-creams and some diet coke and thought sod it! This time, I'll still do the diet coke, but not the ice-creams :) I'm looking forward to watching the voice later and then probably an early night with a book or even reading my ww info!!!!

I started running this time last year and couldn't even run for 1 minute without feeling like my chest would explode! I now run 5k or 10k and can do those without stopping. I really love love running. It's free and anyone can do it. You really improve so quickly. I think it helps that I walk too and from work every day as well. I defo felt self conscious when I started.... But everyone has to start somewhere! When I see people, it makes me want to keep going as I don't want to stop in front of them in case they think I'm a slacker! Haha! What is it about you running and seeing people that you feel self conscious about? I haters it when I first started but now I really enjoy going out for a run. I don't always want to mind but I think of the feeling I get afterwards - the achievement and the endorphins and it makes me go. Are you following some kind of plan? I know lots of people follow couch to 5k and have had some really good results xx

Its really impressive what you have achieved. And being able to stick at it for a year is great.

I am not following a plan or anything, it was pretty much on a whim I went for a run last on Monday. I had read a few articles about running in the last few months but was still thinking it wasn't for me. I just wondered how difficult I would find it. I enjoy exercise now (although still don't always get around to doing it!)and really enjoy how I feel after our 10 mile cross county/ hill walks and just wondered how much more I could push it. I was pretty impressed with how I did to be honest. I did 15 minutes in 4 sections with a break of one/two minutes inbetween and felt quite exhilerated by it (although quite knackered!). I am planning on going out and doing the same circuit once a week and gradually reduce the walking intervals.

I am not really sure what the precise issue is with being seen. Part of it might just be not being used to exercise being part of my identity yet. I guess its also that I was running on the park where I used to walk my dog (he died 2 years ago) so there is still alot of people I know on there. I really just need to get over it. I am not concerned what people think of me in most aspects of my life so I don't know why this bit bugs me.

Popping in to subscribe :) x

Atomic pink said:
Its really impressive what you have achieved. And being able to stick at it for a year is great.

I am not following a plan or anything, it was pretty much on a whim I went for a run last on Monday. I had read a few articles about running in the last few months but was still thinking it wasn't for me. I just wondered how difficult I would find it. I enjoy exercise now (although still don't always get around to doing it!)and really enjoy how I feel after our 10 mile cross county/ hill walks and just wondered how much more I could push it. I was pretty impressed with how I did to be honest. I did 15 minutes in 4 sections with a break of one/two minutes inbetween and felt quite exhilerated by it (although quite knackered!). I am planning on going out and doing the same circuit once a week and gradually reduce the walking intervals.

I am not really sure what the precise issue is with being seen. Part of it might just be not being used to exercise being part of my identity yet. I guess its also that I was running on the park where I used to walk my dog (he died 2 years ago) so there is still alot of people I know on there. I really just need to get over it. I am not concerned what people think of me in most aspects of my life so I don't know why this bit bugs me.

That's a brill start! You did better than I did when I started. Keep it up and you'll see improvements very quickly. Well hopefully the people you know in the park will think "that's brilliant that AP is out running" soon you'll be whizzing passed them and won't even have time to think about them! Who cares what anyone thinks - at least you're out there :) xxx

Yeah. My target for this week is to go out for 1 run and 1 day of 30 day shred.

How's your weekend going? Have you managed to resist the chocolate so far? Or even better have and enjoy it in a planned way that you don't have to beat yourself up about?

Atomic pink said:
Yeah. My target for this week is to go out for 1 run and 1 day of 30 day shred.

How's your weekend going? Have you managed to resist the chocolate so far? Or even better have and enjoy it in a planned way that you don't have to beat yourself up about?

Weekend has been ok. I've used more weeklies (had written them off after Thursday) I've stuck to my planned snacks and resisted going to the shop for chocolate. I don't have a good feeling for wi day this Thursday but if I'm good over the next few days I might be ok.

Good plans for exercise this week :) I'm out for a run tomorrow and a body blitz class weds I've not been for 2 weeks and really miss it! x

Lots of active stuff going on at the minute ladies! I ran on a treadmill for the first time today! I'm always scared I'll fall off! Also I get out of breath too easily. I also don't want to run outside cos a) I am worried I look an idiot (I think this stems back to PE lessons in cross country at school, I always felt self conscious as a teen even more so in PE) and b) i have really sensitive ears and if they get exposed to wind too much I get a really searing pain. Now I know I can run on a treadmill I am going to try following the c25k on it as part if my gym routine and if I get confident at it I might try going outside- if the weather ever gets nice!

Mets well done on the chocolate resistance. Do your best til WI and I'm sure you'll be fine come Thursday. X

Well done Becks! I don't like running on the treadmill as I don't run in a straight line so I end up going off balance! Haha! The treadmill is easier than road running, just a pre-warning for when you do go outside to run. I did 5k on the treadmill one evening and then when I did 5k outside, it nearly killed me! It's so much harder as you have to work harder to push yourself where as the treadmill does it automatically. The C2K has ha some great reviews. Keep us posted as to how you get on :) xxx

Yeah I've heard that real life running is harder but even if I can just build up a bit of stamina... I did day one of C25k last may and was so embarrassed at my rubbish ness- I couldn't even run for a minute! I'm planning on going to pilates this week if I get time, I have so much house stuff to sort its hard to schedule exercise after work but I have to make it a priority!x

I couldn't even run a minute either! But you'll get there if you keep it up. You improve so quickly :) xxx

Thursday is a long way off Mets and it sounds you have got lots of active stuff planned before then. I am confident your hard work and chocolate resistance will pay off come weigh in :)

Thursday is a long way off Mets and it sounds you have got lots of active stuff planned before then. I am confident your hard work and chocolate resistance will pay off come weigh in :)

Aww thanks hun, that's really nice of you to say :) xxx

Mets said:
I couldn't even run a minute either! But you'll get there if you keep it up. You improve so quickly :) xxx

Hi! I run too! Only about 5k and I struggle to go quicker than 5k I'm 30mims! I wish I could run better! I just need to push myself every week. When I run 3 or 4 times a week I see a huge difference in my fitness! Then the following week if I only run once or not at all it feels like I am back to square one! Any advice?

Hi! I run too! Only about 5k and I struggle to go quicker than 5k I'm 30mims! I wish I could run better! I just need to push myself every week. When I run 3 or 4 times a week I see a huge difference in my fitness! Then the following week if I only run once or not at all it feels like I am back to square one! Any advice?

No advice really, as I'm exactly the same! I try and run 3 times a week but it doesn't always work out like that. For the last 2 weeks I've barely done any exercise and so when I went for a run on Saturday, it was SO hard. You're doing fab if you can run 5k in 30 mins! I'm down to 31.24 mins. I was 37mins originally. My goal would be to get it down to under 30 mins which I hope I can do by the summer. It really is amazing how when you miss a few sessions, its so much harder! I went for a run last night and was very slow, but at least I got out there, which is good for me as I've been so unmotivated recently. It's given me the kick up the bum I needed and now I'm looking forward to my body blitz class tomorrow night.

So todays food is not planned very well as we need to do the food shopping tonight. But so far, I've had 3 rice cakes with scraping of Clover Light 4pp. Lunch will be something from Tesco when I pop there later... Probably a sandwich of some sorts and then dinner is prawn stir fry, which I'm SO excited for! :D

Its inspiring me to hear you talk about running. I tried it for the first time last year and found it great to make progress on my times. I was just running for a few mins, walking for a min and repeating..... I only managed about 6 weeks though as I hurt my knee when I tried to run uphill, I think it was too much too soon. Probably if I tried just to stick to flat I'd be ok.

It is a fab exercise and I love the fact that you simply cannot cheat, you have to carry your weight around for the amount of time it takes to run home and to get there quicker you have to put more effort in! Oh, I'm feeling tempted to start again! Maybe that'll be my next fad after the 30 day shred.

Hope you've had a good day and enjoy your prawn stir fry :D

Back