My sister-in-law whats to do CD, but is 2mths pregnant

Hi Guys,

I really need you advice.

My SIL is 6 stone over weight, she has seen my success and wants to do ss or 790.

She only wants to do it for 2-3 mths, just to get a good chunk of the weight off, then she would do a WW or SW type diet.

Its a longed for baby, but she is soooo depressed about her weight and is completely unhealthy, lacking in loads of vits and mins.

I know SS/790 is VLC, but it has every thing a pregnant lady needs, and you only need to increase your kcal intake in the last few months of PG.

I dont know if being in mild keto would cause problems with the baby (any Dr around for that bit?) as some women who suffer from severe morning sickness are in mild ketosis too

My SIL has said if I tell her it's a no go, she would still go ahead and not tell her CDC.

Anyone know or been pg whislt on a VLCD?

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

Sorry hun, we're not allowed to do the diet with pregnant ladies I'm afraid. Don't think there is any hard and fast evidence that ketosis can harm the baby however if something did happen you can guess what it'd be blamed on.....

The best your sis could do is take 1 pack a day for nutrition only - but before that she'll have to get a form signed by her gp with that stated on it from her CDC.

I'd be really upset if one of my clients did that to me - please try and convince her to do whats best for her baby - a VCLD when pregnant is not.

xx

HI BM2LM,

Unfortunately your sister in law would not be able to do any Cambridge programme at all as pregnancy is one of the contra-indicators.

She would be ineligible to do any programme at all until 12 weeks after the birth of the baby.

Sorry it's not good news...

Jas.xx

Hi Guys,

I really need you advice.

My SIL is 6 stone over weight, she has seen my success and wants to do ss or 790.

She only wants to do it for 2-3 mths, just to get a good chunk of the weight off, then she would do a WW or SW type diet.

Its a longed for baby, but she is soooo depressed about her weight and is completely unhealthy, lacking in loads of vits and mins.

I know SS/790 is VLC, but it has every thing a pregnant lady needs, and you only need to increase your kcal intake in the last few months of PG.

I dont know if being in mild keto would cause problems with the baby (any Dr around for that bit?) as some women who suffer from severe morning sickness are in mild ketosis too

My SIL has said if I tell her it's a no go, she would still go ahead and not tell her CDC.

Anyone know or been pg whislt on a VLCD?

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

Straight from the CD website.

Why are women who are pregnant or breast feeding advised not to use the Cambridge Diet?

Pregnant and lactating women can use the Cambridge Diet as a nutritional supplement but not as their sole source of nutrition, because they may need more nutrients than other people.

CDC
Sim

Sorry hun, we're not allowed to do the diet with pregnant ladies I'm afraid. Don't think there is any hard and fast evidence that ketosis can harm the baby however if something did happen you can guess what it'd be blamed on.....

The best your sis could do is take 1 pack a day for nutrition only - but before that she'll have to get a form signed by her gp with that stated on it from her CDC.

I'd be really upset if one of my clients did that to me - please try and convince her to do whats best for her baby - a VCLD when pregnant is not.

xx

Thanks hun,

I dont know if she'd listen to me, she is very stuborn and is desparate for weight loss and the baby.

Thanks again for your reply :)

bm2lm xx

Back