My Skinny Jeans Challenge (again!)

Food Diary - Day 3

Oh dear, it's gone a bit wrong......

Breakfast Toast (HEXB) with light soft cheese (part HEXA) and tomato
Afternoon
4x custard creams (12 syns)
Dinner Pasta arrabiata (6 syns) with parmesan (HEXA) with salad
Evening Rocket lolly (2 syns) and bacon fries crisps (6.5 syns) and toast (HEXB) with light soft cheese (remaining HEXA)
SYNS - 26.5

Food Diary - Day 4

Breakfast 2x toast (2xHEB) with soft cheese (2 syns)
Lunch Sweet potato and chilli soup
Dinner Jacket potato with cheese (HEA), beans and salad
Evening Rocket lolly (2 syns) and toast (4.5 syns) with cheese (HEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 8.5

Last edited:
Oh dear, it's gone a bit wrong......

Breakfast Toast (HEXB) with light soft cheese (part HEXA) and tomato
Afternoon
4x custard creams (12 syns)
Dinner Pasta arrabiata (6 syns) with parmesan (HEXA) with salad
Evening Rocket lolly (2 syns) and bacon fries crisps (6.5 syns) and toast (HEXB) with light soft cheese (remaining HEXA)
SYNS - 26.5
Oops! :D

Breakfast 2x toast (2xHEB) with soft cheese (2 syns)
Lunch Sweet potato and chilli soup
Dinner Jacket potato with cheese (HEA), beans and salad
Evening Rocket lolly (2 syns) and toast (4.5 syns) with cheese (HEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 8.5

Might counteract a bit from the day before ?:)

I'm hoping lower syns today will counteract my naughtiness yesterday. Unfortunately my mum's biscuit tin always gets me :-( I'm aiming for a good few days now to really make up for things though and hopefully I'll see another goos result on the scales next week.

On a more positive note I booked a holiday today. It's not til October 2015 but hopefully I'll get to target early next year then my holiday will keep me focused on maintaining x

Food Diary - Day 5

Breakfast Toast (HEB) with banana
Morning Tea (0.5 syn for milk)
Lunch Sweet potato & chilli soup with a cheese (HEA) salad roll (HEB)
Afternoon Quavers (5.5 syns)
Dinner SW garlic mushroom pasta (HEA) with salad
TOTAL SYNS - 6 (total for week - 41)

I'm a bit happier now that I'm back on track after my splurge on Saturday. I'm staying at my boyfriend's tonight and he usually makes me dinner but he's not good with SW meals so I've just asked for a baked potato with cheese which should be a safe option!

He started his new job yesterday and he's back on shifts which is a shame in one way that I won't see him as much at weekends but, always being one to look for the silver lining, it also means that I'll hopefully be able to stay on track better at the weekends if I've got lots of time to prepare and cook meals and only need to worry about myself.

It's my work Christmas night out this Saturday so it looks like I'll be off to another bad start next week :( Oh well, these things only come around once a year I suppose (well, actually, twice for me because I've got another on Saturday 12 December!) so I'm going to enjoy it while trying to be as sensible as possible. Being veggie, my menu is set and I don't want to be demanding so I'm just going to go with it. It's CREAM of butternut squash soup (I'll go without the bread) followed by vegetable wellington with potatoes and vegetables and a dark chocolate tart (which I'll have without the creme anglaise). As well as the food, we get a cocktail on arrival and some wine on the table (think it works out that each of us will get half a bottle of wine). I'm not really planning on having much more to drink than that. Anyone got any suggestions for how many syns I'll have to count? I was thinking 9 for the soup, 15 for the wellington + 5 for the veggies (oil), maybe 13 for the dessert and 13 for the wine? I'll need to work out the cocktail afterwards depending on what it is. OMG, that's going to end up being 60+ syns :eek: I'll need to be on my best behaviour the rest of the week!

I flexi syn to allow for days when i just need more syns. you'll be fine if you cut back fro a few days :)

Know what you mean about using all your syns and healthy extras for 1 meal...I do that for my vegan bean lasagne. It takes full concentration as i have to eat only Free and Superfree foods during the day until dinner time...but then i can have lasagne with home made bechemel sauce, garlic bread with butter, caramelised onions and pine nuts plus lots of salad. a decadent feast and only weighs in on 15 syns. only do it a few times a year so it keeps that feeling of being a real treat.

Don't want to be a party pooper but I think the syns will be much more than you think for a wellington and a dessert. BUT have a super good brekkie and lunch, limit alcohol, and you might get away with it. it's at the start of your week so I'd have 2 days after on minimal syns, then resume slightly cut down numbers (7-10 per day instead of 15)

I flexi syn to allow for days when i just need more syns. you'll be fine if you cut back fro a few days :)

Know what you mean about using all your syns and healthy extras for 1 meal...I do that for my vegan bean lasagne. It takes full concentration as i have to eat only Free and Superfree foods during the day until dinner time...but then i can have lasagne with home made bechemel sauce, garlic bread with butter, caramelised onions and pine nuts plus lots of salad. a decadent feast and only weighs in on 15 syns. only do it a few times a year so it keeps that feeling of being a real treat.

Don't want to be a party pooper but I think the syns will be much more than you think for a wellington and a dessert. BUT have a super good brekkie and lunch, limit alcohol, and you might get away with it. it's at the start of your week so I'd have 2 days after on minimal syns, then resume slightly cut down numbers (7-10 per day instead of 15)

Thanks for the advice xx

Food Diary - Day 6

Breakfast Toast (HEB) with banana
Morning Walkers Salt & Vinegar crisps (9 syns)
Lunch Roll (HEB) with cheese (HEA) and salad
Afternoon Quavers (5.5 syns)
Dinner Pasta bake (6 syns for oil + HEA for cheese)
Evening Malteasers (5 syns)
TOTAL - 25.5 :( (total for week 66.5 = average per day 17)

So another blip last night. I hadn't intended to have such a naughty dinner but my boyfriend cooked me a "proper" dinner rather than the baked potato I was planning but used olive oil thinking I could use it as my HEB (not realising I'd already used up both). I didn't have the heart to say so just went with it.

As for the excessive crisps and chocolate, I only have myself to blame! I don't have any food in the house so I'm not bringing my usual supply to work and am being tempted back into my old ways by the vending machine.... I'm going to do a big shop tomorrow night so hopefully that'll help get me back on track.

It's my aim to really rein it back in today and tomorrow. Plan for today is toast with banana for breakfast and cheese salad roll for lunch. Tonight I'm going to my reading group (which is actually just a group of my friends meeting in the pub and having some dinner and drinks and discussing a book we've read if we get time!). We just meet in our local Wetherspoons who are kind enough to close off an area for us. I've had a look at the menu and on Minimins and it looks like the best option is the sweet chilli egg noodles which are apparently only 1 syn!!!

Hi VeggieBev, I'm a fellow veggie here to subscribe. I've got a holiday next year too (April) and want at least 1.5 stone off before then. We'll get there!

Well I haven't managed to get on here and post my food diaries over the past few days but, although I've now forgotten what I've eaten, I did keep track on the day. Unfortunately, I haven't quite reined it in like I'd hoped to by I have stayed on plan (just!) which I suppose is the main thing. I had 13 syns on Tuesday and 12 yesterday which takes me to 91.5 for the week which averages out at 15.5 per day.

I'm having a Chinese takeaway tonight and I quizzed the lady from the Chinese takeaway I go to recently about how they cook certain meals so I'm going to go for a vegetable chow mein which I have calculated at 8 syns. If I can keep it to just those 8 syns for today, my average for the week will fall back under 15 and I'll be a happy lady :)

It's the dreaded WI tomorrow, hopefully I've managed some sort of loss.....

Good luck for weigh in!

You seem dedicated enough to quiz the chinese about their cooking process, i'd never do that! Then again, I'm not keen on takeaways so its a rarity i have to. I weigh in on tuesday and am hoping for a good loss, it will be the first week I have been under 105 syns in months!

Manic weekend so havent had a chance to get on and post. Weighed in at 11st 2lb yesterday which is a loss of 3.5lb! Im so pleased :)

Unfortunately I've had a very naughty weekend with my work night out last night but aiming to get back on it next week and I'll hopefully not have done too much damage.

Good luck for weigh in!

You seem dedicated enough to quiz the chinese about their cooking process, i'd never do that! Then again, I'm not keen on takeaways so its a rarity i have to. I weigh in on tuesday and am hoping for a good loss, it will be the first week I have been under 105 syns in months!

I actually know the girl that helps behind the counter so I asked her to check it out for me.

Hope you're still doing well x

Wow, 3.5lb is amazing! 1 night out of 7 isn't a disaster, if you stay on plan for the rest of the week you can hopefully lose a bit or minimise any gain :)

Hope the work do was good!

Well done on your loss, 3.5lbs is amazing!

I had a very naughty weekend as well, but here's hoping we can stay on plan the rest of the week!

Wow, 3.5lb is amazing! 1 night out of 7 isn't a disaster, if you stay on plan for the rest of the week you can hopefully lose a bit or minimise any gain :)

Hope the work do was good!

Thank you! It was more like 2 out of 7 because I was very naughty yesterday too :rolleyes: Hopefully I can make up for it over the next 5 days. I'm not hopeful of another 3.5lb loss but I'd be delighted with any loss.

The work do was fantastic. Lovely food, lovely drinks and, to try and offset all of that, lots of dancing! x

Well done on your loss, 3.5lbs is amazing!

I had a very naughty weekend as well, but here's hoping we can stay on plan the rest of the week!

Thank you. Fingers crossed that we can both stay on plan for the rest of the week. x

Back