My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Today is my test, whole day off and feeling quite rubbish! I will not give in, I don't really want to eat anything but think I will have my porridge soon for a good start to the day, when I had porridge on sat it kept me going right until lunch time!

TaraTeal said:
Just had my porridge, got the consistency right today, tasted really nice!

Mine is different every day, stirring it really well and getting the lumps out makes a big difference as does the time cooked for! Bit of an art to it lol

I find stove top works best for me if you have time.

Hi Tara!! Glad you've started and seem to be getting on quite well!

It's back to Day 1 for me today.. will explain all in my diary ;) Hope you're day off goes OK!

Remember if you need a distraction... Minimins is the way

xxx

Hi Katy,

It's going quite well yeah, but need this headache to go, hopefully it will pass within a few days.

Good luck for re-starting, will give your diary a read!

xx

Hi Tara how's the head? Mine is a lot better again and work is doing its job as a distraction for me. Although I am sat on my arse all the time (apart from all the trips to the loo cos of the larger fluid intake!!)

Hope today is going well. I am going to have a berry shake in a wee while - first time I have tried this so hope its nice!
xxx

Hey guys,

I've not got rid of the headache but it's alot better than when I woke up! I haven't taken any painkiller either yet. I have tried to drink alot of water, which I have managed, had my porridge, lemon bar I had on the run before I went out. Just got in and I felt quite hungry so had the vanilla shake, it wasn't that nice, it was ok, but had the strange taste that the banana one did. Bearable though and I had two glasses of water with it, now I feel full again so quite content at the min!

Popped to the supermarket, first time I've been surrounded by food, glanced I must admit, but walked round the whole way being very clinical as BG said, got what I needed and left! So have some mushrooms to add to my soup for later, and picked up 4ltrs Dr pepper zero as it was on offer, and I got some cinnamon for porridge.

Glad your feeling better Janet! x

I hope the headache goes soon for you!! It's not a nice side effect but just keep slushing the water I guess :)

Well done on the Tesco shop... sometimes the first time is the hardest because you never know how you're going to react and once it's done you have no reason to fear it anymore!

xxx

Haha I didn't say I went to tesco but I did lol you must be psychic! You're right, I don't have to fear it anymore, I keep thinking this is the start of a whole new lifestyle for me. I've been eating well for a while and have always had plenty of veg and a good amount of fruit, always eat lean meat, but my portion sizes where matching my OH's and my sweet tooth always let me down.

I hope now I can see I don't need that stuff. I am goin to order some of the spag bols as I really fancy having to hot meals with veg's! x

ha ha not psychic... just the brainwashing Tesco's has ha ha!!

Yeah Im with you on the Spag Bol's!!

I always seem to be OK at maintaining weight... when I want to... I just need to get this off and be done with it :) x

Glad your all doing so well, I too had a head ache well migraine so been trying to drink more water.

When is your weigh in day?

start 15.5. week 1 - 14.1 week 2 - 14.7

I weigh in on sat, can't wait to see wait the scales say!! I am hoping for at least 8lbs being as alot of water is lost in the first week, got on scales today and I am down 3lbs since sat, so thats ok so far.

Katy - I am the same to, I have been the same weight for about 4 years now, so I know I can stick and stop gaining, but it's getting right down to my goal that I struggle with, not this time!!!

roll on the weekend then so we can see how much you lost, always exciting weighing in when you have been 100%. my weigh in is sunday and i cant wait as im on holiday with the family on monday so its a good incentive to weigh just before i go. sticking to the diet while im away so when i get back im hoping fingers crossed to be in the 13s x

Fingers crossed for you too!!! That would have been a very short stay in the 14s to so let's hope that you can do it!!! I want to get out of the 16s this week if I can, never want to see them again!!! and blitz through the 15s hopefully!!! xxx

I'm sure you will see the scales drop loads, it's good to see another number on the scales.

Got my fingers crossed for you to be out of the 16s :)

Back