My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Believe me Tara I am absolutely rubbish at following other types of diet but I can do this one pretty easily for some strange reason. I think it's because the others give me too much freedom / choice whereas this is all or nothing and I just have to get on with it. I also get disheartened with the (lack of) weight loss with other diets as I had a lot to lose so saw it taking years to achieve. Although I'm quite a slow loser I still see reasonably good results on this diet that keep me going.

Believe me Tara I am absolutely rubbish at following other types of diet but I can do this one pretty easily for some strange reason. I think it's because the others give me too much freedom / choice whereas this is all or nothing and I just have to get on with it. I also get disheartened with the (lack of) weight loss with other diets as I had a lot to lose so saw it taking years to achieve. Although I'm quite a slow loser I still see reasonably good results on this diet that keep me going.

I think that 54lbs in 5 less than 5 months is an excellent weight loss. If I manage that in this 5 months I will be chuffed to bits!

I am hoping I will be the same as you and stick to it because of the all or nothing factor. I was on slimming world and would allow myself the odd treat but because you can have it, I think you justify it to yourself when having a bit more than you are allowed, thinking oh it will be ok! Whereas this, you eat wrong, you get kicked out of ketosis! I have a dress fitting end of march and the only way I can be sure the dress will fit is to do this.

I hope the time goes quickly though! haha

I could no doubt have done better without the breaks I had and possibly without the veggies and the occasional bit of protein but they are what made this diet bearable for me so I don't regret any of it. And yes, the ketosis factor is a huge incentive to keep on track :). With something like SW where you can choose what to have I'd choose to have something indulgent that was allowed as long as it was counted, then it would make me crave more of it and before long I'd blown it.

I started this diet along with someone at work who is doing LL and someone else doing SW. I was the heaviest at 17st 6, my LL friend was 17st and my SW friend was 14st. We all wanted to get down to around 11st. I'm now 13 stone 7, my LL friend is 12st 7 and my SW friend is 14st (ie back where she started). She lost a stone and a half before Xmas, had a month off and piled it all back on again. She restarted at the same time as my LL friend and I (we both had Xmas off too) and last week she lost 2.2lbs and was gutted. Both my LL friend and I have lost all of our Xmas weight already. She is getting married in June and is starting to worry about losing the weight. I know that's not everyone's experience on SW but I think it would be my experience which is why I'm here and not there.

She sounds the same as me, I did about 12lbs before xmas started at 17st 3lbs, piled on some weight at xmas. I am down to 16st 9 now, but hoping that I can get the rest off by the end of the week and get to pre-xmas weight. I look well at 11 stone (ish) but would be happy walking down the ailse at 12ish. Depends on how you carry your weight I guess.

I was planning on having my first break in march, for my birthday, then starting 3 packs a day and maybe a low carb, high protein meal along with it. But I plan to stick to just the packs, will try the spag bol too for something a bit more solid with precious mushrooms!

Just make sure you think the breaks through carefully because some people find it much harder to restart and just cave. I'm ok with breaks (not that I'd have them all the time) but I know that some people just aren't and then they're never heard of again which is a shame because they were often going great guns before the break.

Thats a fair point. Like with any diet it is so hard to re-start but can imagine this is far worse. I was going to have one for valentines and go for a meal with OH. But I decided to try and stick for 8 whole weeks and have my bday off, we are having a big meal with family and friends. I will just have to tell myself that I have to get straight back on it again afterwards. That i've done the first few days once so I can do it again. The weight losses are incredible and although I am yet to see them myself, I think I can easily become addicted!

You can still have the occasional meal out - I have. I just stick to protein and low carb vegetables. So something like grilled fish / chicken and a salad would work to keep you in ketosis. You just won't be able to have the carbie things or dessert :)

I am a fan of chicken and stir fried veg, would that keep me in ketosis? I am just tucking into my lemon bar, going to have my soup around 3ish if I can. Feeling a little light headed at the min x

I should think the chicken and stir fried veg might be ok as a one off. Just check out the carbs that are likely to be in the veg and watch out for any sauce with the chicken. Apparently it takes less time to get back into ketosis after 1 non ketogenic meal than if you have a break for a few meals. That's what I've read on here anyway. For me, having read that it meant that after my Xmas night out I went back on the diet straightaway the following morning. Originally I had been planning to have the whole weekend off. I'm not a good one to judge though as I don't have a really bad time getting into ketosis in the first place. Still wouldn't want to be yoyoing between ketosis and not on a regular basis though as the point of the diet is the fat burning that takes place when you're in it.

I don't add any sauce really, just spray the pan with fry light, sling in some mushrooms, peppers and long stem broccoli and with the chicken. I suppose you could steam cook it though.

I think I will just try my best to keep to just the packs for now though, at least for the initial 4 weeks.

That would be fine I'm sure, especially if you're cooking it yourself so can influence what's in it.

Just had the veg soup, hmmmm.... Quite disgusting actually, worse than the chicken one, but I can cope with it I guess. Might pop some herbs in the next one, as I have 13 left lol

Just got my shake left, planning that for about 5.30-6ish.

I am feeling a bit less nauseous than yesterday, and have a weird taste in my mouth starting, similar to when I have a throat infection... lovely! I haven't done so well with the water today though, still had about 1.5 litres so far though.

I'm struggling with water today too. Not had a full litre yet although I've had 2 coke zeros and three black teas. starting to feel better but it comes and goes and I gave in and ate a second bar.

My OH has started Scottish slimmers plan from the book so I'm helping him with what he eats and funnily enough that's helping me! At least he's not pigging out in front of me!!

Thats good then. We just have to remind ourselves its only short term, it won't be forever. I intend to go back onto slimming world afterwards to maintain. I like slimming world as a general way to have a balanced diet but not so much for the weight losses.

I must go to Asda and get some cinnamon for my porridge and some Dr Pepper zero. I need to go home and clean out the fridge and cupboards too, bring some of it to work and give some to my sisters to eat lol

Don't want any temptation, I live on an opposite corner to a shop so live within a stones throw of bad food!!! I am experiencing the same as you, headache is coming on again (though after 8hrs in front of the pc at work I usually get one anyway). Had my paracetamol but it's not touching it, and feeling dizzy a little still but not as bad as yesterday. Will pop and get a coke zero from the shop after work. I do feel better than yesterday though, so that's the main thing!

Ordered the soups when I put in my original order a few weeks ago, only a few! But I haven't had the guts to try them yet lol so those of you that have my hat goes off to you. Braver than me!

Haha, well I don't like the idea of just having 'sweet' stuff so I thought I'd try those, the flavour of the chicken one is ok, but the texture is quite powdery! I had to wash down the veg soup today with a gulp of water in between mouthfuls! It wasn't pleasant!

I might sound slightly crazy now... But I've noticed that I've developed an inner monolague, in quiet moments I keep telling myself, 'It's only 3 weeks and you can add a meal for the week, keep going' etc Please tell me I am not alone and that some of you guys do it too!

I wouldn't last on this diet if I didn't have that "add a meal" week. I follow the Allaboutw8 plan for that week and so far, I noticed that having that week gives my metabolism a kick too :)
You've just reminded me that I need to plan my menu for that week as it's coming up soon...yaaaaaay!!!

Back