My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Well done Tara! A brilliant loss. You'll face the busy week ahead much better than you would in the past. You are lighter, more energised and prepped to kick a*s. You go girl! :)

Amazing loss! And well done for having the strength to know what could be a risky outing and saying no. It will all be so worth it in the end!

Am jealous at the big loss but I'll keep plodding along till I catch up!!

You've done the same as I did in the first 2 weeks moosh - I had a 7 and then a 3 so 10, and now I'm on 60 :)

Hello everyone! Thanks for the encouragement! I am feeling re-energised today and much better thank you. Scotty you're right, 3 times what we've done and we will be at the end of an 8 week stint! Wow.. I just need to stay focused. Had to pass on Dad's do, I would have been tempted and just want to keep 100% to packs + veg for now.

Was contemplating adding some chicken in this week, but fel ok now to keep on as I am. Got on the scales at work today and weigh 15st 4, wish I'd of used these scales to chart my loss lol!

Day 16 now and feeling good. Warm caramel shake for breakfast at 10.30ish at work. Planning spag bol for dins at 2ish, went and bought some cinnamon, garlic and mixed herbs and non aspartame sweetener to keep at work!

Good luck today everyone!!!!!

Oh loving the garlic- cottage pie and chicken soup in particular taste lovely with ground garlic on! I'm dong way more herbs and flvourings than I ever did, funny what you learn in the oddest of circumstances!

Glad to hear you are in a better frame of mind today!! It is a slog but we will get through it!!! xx

Easy to say but it's important not to think too far ahead! The weight will shift and faster than on most other diet programmes. I can't believe how fast the weeks have gone, take it a day at a time. You are doing so well!

Ok.... day 16

It is 18weeks until my wedding, and 14 weeks until my hen night. I want to be in the 12s by my hen night! So thats... 38lbs more and an average of 2.7lbs per week! hmmm tall order but fingers crossed. Want to be 12st 7 by the wedding day, so plan to either do another couple of weeks on this or change back to Slimming world low carb (red) until the wedding after my hen night.

Future goals to one side. Let's talk about today...

Hot caramel shake about 10.30ish, lots of water, spag bol around 2.30, 6pm oatmeal cookie and plan my next meal when I get in from work, either vanilla shake made into cinnamon brownie, or another warm caramel shake.

Feeling wise, I am ok today, bad cravings as the day has progressed, but TOTM is due and I always go into 'crave sugar and fat' mode. I am just ignoring it and keep reminding myself or all the weight I can lose by my bday, and fit in my dress! x

Just focus on how you want to look Tara in the flesh and in the photos in years to come. Do you want chocolate more than that? Doubt it. Stay on track and an average of 2.7lbs is very achievable. You know you can do it, just take one day at a time and keep those dreams alive xx

Thanks BG yeah I know I can do it, and it's really nice having people tell me i've lost weight already, it will be even nicer when people see me at the wedding who haven't seen me in a long time! xxx

Hey Tara apart from the cravings sounds like its been a good day? Was just gonna say the advice I read said not to 'cook' more than one pack a day as it can affect the nutrients. Dont know if it's true just what I read!! Good luck for tomorrow day 17!!! Xxxx

ahhh, does that mean the things that aren't meant to be cooked? Because I know that people have porridge, chilli and spag bol in same day. Do you think it means the shakes etc?

Ahhh I see, do they not use the same nutrients for each pack, if they do it would be odd that microwaving de-natures nutrients in one pack and not another? Would it be best to cook mostly on the hob, rather than the microwave? I do cook my spag bol on hob at home, but have to microwave at work x

Tara it's fine to have four spag bolls a day if that's what younwant!! Ithink it means e.g when you make Your cookie or muffin or I make my crisps. So using your pack in a way it's not meant to be xxx

Morning everyone!

I am feeling rather bloated, and I know TOTM is on its lovely way but they've been all over the place since November so god knows! I got on the scales this morning, down 1lb since sat. So it's still moving in the right direction, slower but at least it's getting there.

I am hoping for 3lbs a week from now on, any more than that is a bonus! 3lb a week will roughly get me to my goal.

I had a moment on the scales where I just thought to myself, I am actually doing it, it's working and I can actually get there. They flashed up 15st 8 and it doesn't seem that long ago when they flashed up 17st 4! It's becoming real to me now, not like other diets/plans I've done where I am always talking about, 'Oh I just want to get to this size bla bla bla' and know in the back of my mind I just won't do it. This time I am more determined than ever, I've lost a fair bit now and feel like for the first time it genuinely is achieveable! xx

That sounds great! I am totally not in that place yet and scales have stopped moving!! But I'm sure or I hope that will not last! Keep going you are doing great!!! xxx

Just thought I'd check in today. Feeling good another lb down on the scales so happy with that. Also just keep dreaming of my wedding and honeymoon, cannot wait!!!

I've had tons of water today and oatmeal cookie for breakfast, and spag bol with garlic for my lunch just now. Planning soup before I leave work and shake later before bed. If I don't fit four in will pop a vitamin!

Back