My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

No unfortunately not. I thought I couldn't take photos at the time, so we never took one, then one of my friends whose getting married, went in and took lots of snaps in various dresses to help her choose. I was gutted! My sis took a couple of snaps yesterday but I did tell her to delete them in a huff lol I just couldn't bare looking at my arms! I will see if she still has them though, maybe she can send me one and I can keep it in a folder on my laptop.

I think the majority of the weight left to lose with prob come off in the next 6-8 weeks, then after that the weight loss will prob slow down and like you said, it's just the smoothing and toning period, I hope to be at goal before my hen night, and that's roughly when I can go to have the dress fitted. I would say that I could lose another 1.5 stone and think the dress will still fit fairly well. x

Thank you Janet! 25.5lbs gone forever and 34 in total gone for good too!!! So happy. Can really tell a difference now, especially found my waist! Looking much more shapely and tummy is smoother looking!! I still have my hang ups about my arms though, I just have stubborn fat on my arms! it likes to cling there!x

Well done Tara, your losses are brilliant! your skin will bounce back if it takes forever! Bio oil is brilliant, i swear by it! my stomach had some loose skin, but since using it, i really can tell the difference1 then the only other is to do tricep dips! i work in a gym, its not my main job i just help out really as a friend owns it! :)

thankyou for the welcome on my diary tarra, i have just read throught yours beforehand, i am amazed how well you have done and through the headaches too, i must admit i am a bit nervous of these as i am prone to migraines but fingers crossed all will be well, am so pleased for you to have got in the dress, you are an inspiration x

Well done Tara, your losses are brilliant! your skin will bounce back if it takes forever! Bio oil is brilliant, i swear by it! my stomach had some loose skin, but since using it, i really can tell the difference1 then the only other is to do tricep dips! i work in a gym, its not my main job i just help out really as a friend owns it! :)

Thanks for the tips, I have been contemplating the tricep dips lol, I hate them with a passion but it's worth it. If I start now then I should have decent results by the wedding. I currently use cocoa butter for my skin, but was thinking of trying bio oil, my thighs seem to be the worst area at the min, they looks wobbly now, they didn't before, but obviously it's because of the quick loss. I know that building some muscle from using the cross trainer will help that. Thanks for your advice! xx
thankyou for the welcome on my diary tarra, i have just read throught yours beforehand, i am amazed how well you have done and through the headaches too, i must admit i am a bit nervous of these as i am prone to migraines but fingers crossed all will be well, am so pleased for you to have got in the dress, you are an inspiration x

Thank you! It's lovely to hear I am inspring someone, it's overwhelming, because I still have a long way to go and don't really think of myself as being accomplished with my weight loss yet. But it is so lovely to have that compliment! I think I would have caved a long time ago if it wasn't for minimins! I've found this forum to be a real life saver! xxx

I use the cheaper rescue oil, from the £ shop! Seems to do the same job!

Well done on reaching your first milestone Tara, you are doing a fantastic job babe xxx

I'm sure we all have a part of our body that we hate Tara even thin people :). I hate my boobs with a passion and would love to see them half the size. Also reading this I'm off to buy Bio Oil and slather it everywhere :)

Busy and chaotic at work today, had cinnamon oatmeal cookie for breakfast, had about 750ml of water so far, brought lemon bar for lunch, will have spag bol later with peppers and then chilli/shake for supper.

Hope everyone is having a good day x

Tara, well done on your weight loss so far, its brilliant!

I bet you notice your arms more than anyone else does, but as BG says, we all have bits of our body that we dont particularly like.

Keep going girl - you are going to be one stunning bride!

Thank you sweety. I am really hungry today for some reason! I haven't been drinking as much the last few days so I think that has something to do with whining tummy today!

Going to have spag bol with peppers and mushrooms when I get home! yum!

Tara, who would have thought that a fairly small portion of powdered spag bol would have become so appealing!!! I know in the past, I would have laughed if anyone had said I would enjoy these packs as much but I find myself enjoying bulking them out with the green veg. My size 10 daughter even asked for a meal pack for her lunch as she thinks they are very appetising....!

I know what you mean about looking forward to our food. If nothing else, portion sizes have definately been addressed and we really are educating ourselves into new eating habits.

I know you are not feeling too much like drinking the water, but I understand that hunger pangs can often be a sign of thirst. Hopefully you will manage to drink enough to make you feel fuller.:)

Feeling really blurgh today. Don't feel too well in myself, drove to work this morning and the tailpipe from the exhaust fell off haha! I heard this metallic rolling and shrugged it off, but then realised the exhaust sounded so loud!!

I have only managed about 1.5 ltrs of water today too, will have another big glass soon. Don't know why but having a bit of a down day, I am also really hungry! x

Chin up Tara, we all have down days but we know once were through it tomorrow is a brand new one :) Car problems are easily fixed too, although can be a pain in the bum!
Just remember how well you're doing and it should put a smile on your face again :)

Thanks, I ok, just feeling a little off. Feel like I am coming down with something. Think all the stress from work is finally grinding me down. Will be ok, just having an off day. I am just looking on my body gallery, the site that shows women of all sizes and shapes at different weights etc. I really like it, as you can estimate how you will look at certain weights. I am so determined to get in the 170s for the wedding, nothing will stop me. xx

TaraTeal said:
Thanks, I ok, just feeling a little off. Feel like I am coming down with something. Think all the stress from work is finally grinding me down. Will be ok, just having an off day. I am just looking on my body gallery, the site that shows women of all sizes and shapes at different weights etc. I really like it, as you can estimate how you will look at certain weights. I am so determined to get in the 170s for the wedding, nothing will stop me. xx

I'm so excited didn't know this kind of thing existed! Off I trot to take a look x

It's really good. Lots of random women all different weights, I always look for women who look a similar shape, and where they carry their weight to try and get an idea of how I could look! It's a good motivation! xx

Interesting site! Am sure I am fatter than those in photos at my current weight and may need to rethink my target as the ones at my target are still bigger than I would like to be! I wonder if any of us see ourselves as we really are! I still automatically look for the size of clothes I was 6 stone ago and dont see much difference in the mirror but I guess there must be! I wonder how long it takes for the brain to catch up?
You are doing incredibly well Tara and really will be a beautiful bride. You seem so motivated and really supportive to everyone on here.
Hope tomorrow brings a better day for you and you are not coming down with anything, just having a low day! Tomorrow is another one - or so they say!!!!

Back