My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Haha yes gotta love it!

I am just back from the bridal shop, we pulled up and saw my grandma's car parked up, she was just across the road so she popped in with us. She'd not seen my dress. I put it on and I swear it felt even better than last time I tried it! I surveyed it more carefully this time, I think I could lose another 3 inches from the waist and hips and it will still be ok not to be altered. I love the dress so much too, tried on a lovely veil with it today as wasn't sure I was going to get one, and decided to go for it, compliments the dress really well. My mum nearly died when she saw the price though haha!

Both my mother and my grandma who are both slim said to not lose much more, they have no idea how much I weigh, but when I told them I want to lose over two more stone before the wedding they gasped and said oh no, you don't want to lose that much! Haha it's nice to get a compliment but I really am driven to lose this last 33lbs! I worked out that I have lost 5 inches from the hips, 5 from my waist and 3.5 from my chest, with losing 34lbs, so I expect to lose a few more inces all over with the next 2 stone. If thats how it works anyway! Think the top of the dress will need taking in regardless, even though I have big boobs, I don't carry much on my upper back or underarms/ribs, so the dress is a little big there, can afford to pull the laces in another couple of inches though really TBH. So excited now, I can't wait to see how I look in it even lighter and with a nice tan because I am bloody pale! x

TaraTeal said:
Katie, your losses are fantastic! 35lbs in 7 weeks!!! That's incredible! x

Thanks Tara :) I feel amazing.... Yours are also very impressive you are going to look amazing on your wedding day.

I'm like you they don't realise how heavy I am as I carry it well but boy of they did they would tell me to lose a few pounds lol

Yeah, mum guessed I was 14.5 stone when I started! haha she said of you must be about 13 stoneish now, I was like erm I wish! They don't have a clue how much I weigh, but my mum is a size 12 and she weighs 11.5 stone and is 5'7 so she carries her weight well, she dropped to 9stone for a hol when we were younger and looked so thin! x

Funny how people are different weights and sizes I'm 5 ft 9 and to be size 12 heaviest I need to be is 11 13

Yeah it's odd, One of my friends weighed 12 stone after having her baby and piled on some more, she went upto 13 stone at one point but has lost a fair bit over the past few years. But at 13 stone she looked bigger than me at 15 stone, it's really odd how people carry their weight. x

I agree - noone had any idea I was nearly 17 stone! I know that at 11st 13lbs I willbe able to fit into a 12/14:D Thank godness for being tall! Funny because I used to hate being tall when I was at school.

Long day at work today, don't finish until 6.45. I am expecting my delivery from low carb megastore tody, it says 21st. So fingers crossed it will get here and I can enjoy some more oatmeal and have some wafers for a change, taken my lemon bar just in case it doesn't come today.

Have a good day everyone x

My order arrived. So had a choc wafer today, having the other one later. I also have another pack to have later as only had 2 so far today. Work is going from bad to worse, really want to get out of here! Will just have spag bol for tea later on x

Hope your ok Tara....Won;t long till your finished work then you can chill :)

I daren't try the wafers as i think kthey would be too tempting for us.

Have a good evening :) xx

I am glad I bought the wafers now, was happy to have it when I got in from work! Quite happy to leave the others in the box for another day when I would like a choccy taste.

I am fed up of my job, we have to re-apply for our own jobs, I have been working here the longest and have the strongest skill set and it just pisses me off that it has come to this! Me and one other girl are seriously thinking about ringing acas and seeing if we have a case for workplace bullying.

Just an example here. We are both in our 20s, the rest of the team in 40s 50s. Which is fine we all get on great etc. We all have the same job description, except a few of us have to do admin and secretarial work, we've all had the training some just choose not to do the work. WE are all on the same pay. Me and this one other girl, tend to finish our work very quickly, we get things done, and move onto another task until we are clear for the day. And often man the desk in the evening when all the work is completed. This one other woman, sits on reception all day, does nothing else, moans about being on reception yet won't touch the admin. But sucks up to the boss. Both me and my colleague who do the admin, have been pulled into meetings in the last year about taking extra jobs once we've finished our admin for the day, we both felt we were contributing enough but we were giving review periods for it!!!

Ever since then, we have been pulled aside for this and that, and yet not one other staff member has, not even the woman who does nothing, it is getting to the point now where we are both feeling so low, and stressed it is becoming and issue and I feel quite annoyed at the other staff members who aren't getting this treatment. It is causing a clear divide with admin and the one or two who choose to do less. We are in an awful situation, but find it hard to gain support from colleagues who don't want to rock the boat and also aren't getting this treatment themselves and are finding it hard to understand. I just feel like walking out!

Hi thanks for the welcome on my diary. Can't believe u have the will power to eat just one wafer! Well done. Sorry u are having such a rubbish time at work I know how stressful that can be. U could lodge a grievance with work but u always risk just singling ur self out further. If u can get the same job elsewhere I sometimes think it's easier to make a fresh start. I himmed and haaed last year about leaving my job I hated because of bullying support staff and While it was nerve wracking it was the best decision I ever made. I started my own bus and love going to work everyday. Good luck whatever u decide to do.

give acas a call tarra they are great, the thing is once things like that are aired at work it makes things awkward and you will probably want to leave then anyways, its horrible to hear people being treated like this, keep you chin up xxx

on another note i wish i had ordered the wafers now, will have to next month. keep up the good work xxx

I am just fd up with it, it's getting to the point where I am coming home and just crying sometimes, been on the phone to OH for an hour in tears. Me and this other girl just don't know what to do, it's all getting too much. I do want to leave but there are so few job opps here in grimsby, it's such a small town, and alot of local companies are in administration and lots of redundancies. One of my friends said something may be coming up at her office, so will go for that. I would quite happily walk out of this jobs tomorrow if we didn't need the money. My OH is being made redundant in march, we have a mortgage and we will be relying on my wages for the first few months if he can't line up a job. I am just stuck, and feel very upset with it all. x

So sorry that things are a bit rough for you just now Tara. Really hope things take a turn for the better soon.

Yay!! When is your official weigh in soon? Fingers crossed out of the 200s, I think you'll beat me to it! I'm getting there slowly but surely! x

oh tarra i do hope things get sorted for you, thats a horrible way to feel, especially when all other parts of your life are going so good, glad the numbers on your scales are still on the way down though, xxx

Hi Love, So sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it at work. Its always the way - the hard workers just get more put on them! I agree with Cable and call ACAS and see what they say. Happy to hear you have more movement on the scales :)xx

Sorry to hear work is getting you down Hun really hope things get better for you

Keep thinking of that lovely wedding dress that now fits :)

Thank you for your lovely comments everyone. Well.. today I got called into a meeting, with another staff member taking minutes... My boss presented me with one of my facebook statused, which I may add I am fully private on facebook, only friends can see.

My grandmother has been very ill, two weeks ago we had a scare and found out sh'd been having falls, blackouts etc and not telling anyone, we raised the alarm and social services didn't do anything about it, at the time I put and angry status on my facebook and basically said that they shold be doing more to help elderly people.

After two weeks of battling, they've finally admitted she needs help, so we've sorted it all now.

So I was presented with this status and then my boss looked at me and said, can you explain this. I honestly looked back, and said, 'what on earth are you wanting me to explain here?'

The conversation went on, I remained very guarded, but kept writing my notes. He said it is putting the company I work for into disrepute by me having a dig at social services. A. It's private and only friends can see (one of my lovely work colleagues on my friends list raised my status to his attention and printed it off!) B. I didn't mention the company I work for, anything to do with my job or even the line of work we are in! and C. It's something in my personal life, that has nothing to do with work!

I stood my ground and said I am not divulging personal details about my grandmother or her condition as I feel that this is all unecessary because there shouldn't be an issue around this anyway. He said it could be classed as gross misconduct and I could be sacked but he doesn't know which avenue he is going to take yet.

I couldn't help but say at the time that he couldn't go down that route because he can't justify a need for even a disciplinary around this. He asked if I wanted to add anything more, but I said no and walked out. only to come downstairs in floods of tears and having to carry on with my job. I spoke to 3 colleagues I am close to, all were disgusted and couldn't understand it. I am sure I could pin them for constructive dismissal if I leave. Which I am planning on doing as soon as I can line up another job. Last year they offered me training for a HCA post, sent me on venepuncture and a week later called me into a meeting about taking extra work, because I said I think I do enough, they suspended the training for 3 months. 4 months passed and no follow up was done, I had to call a meeting myself, only to hear that my manager had gone and taken someone else on for the role who A. Had no experience of even working within a surgery before, the IT systems or anything and B. Had absolutely no HCA experience. Best thing was, she was sat for days training with us, getting paid a pound an hour more than us all!

I know I could take them to the cleaners if I wanted to, I am really tempted to do something, I cannot carry on like this.

On the plus side, totally unrelated. I have lost a decent amount this week so far and weigh in isn't until saturday! Hope to be out of the 200s within this two weeks! yay!

Back