My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Well your sis should definitely see the difference then Tara! I went in Matalan yesterday and had a scout round. I didn't try anything on as I was feeling fat yesterday (think we all get days like that) but when I saw the sale rails my eyes graduated to the far right where the bigger sizes were and I had to then look to the left to see the clothes in my size that were in the middle :). It takes a bit of getting used to I guess. I saw that yellow dress in Matalan, is it the sleeveless one? I thought that looked nice too, not for me as I don't do dresses but it was a pretty dress.

Yeah the yellow sleeveless one, I don't do arms showing, but will get a little cardi to go over it. It looks really nice on, and we are getting into springtime now, looks nice and bright for our meal out!

I have never worn a yellow dress but I tried on the coral pink one that is the same style but the yellow one looked much nicer.

I will prob be the same as you, going to the end of the sale rail when I eventually am in 14s. I just can't wait to shop in certain shops and know things are going to fit, and stock my size etc. Eventually I would like to be in a 12, but not thinking about that yet, 14 for me is amazing, not been that size for a very long time!

I am going to browse online for some shoes and a nice cardi now too x

The last time I was in a size 14 was oooooooh let me count back 21 years ago eeeeeek. My aim is for a 14/16 ish, depends on how the old saggy skin holds up tho.

I've just read your whole diary and I feel so excited to start my weightloss journey tomorrow. You have inspired me, good luck with the last few pounds, I'm sure you're going to reach your target in no time xx

I've just read your whole diary and I feel so excited to start my weightloss journey tomorrow. You have inspired me, good luck with the last few pounds, I'm sure you're going to reach your target in no time xx

Thank you so much and good luck! Let us know how you're getting on! Just keep your target in mind and you will get there. I still have a way to go but really do feel like I will get there.

My sister walked into my mums today, haven't seen her in over 7 weeks, I am 2 stone down since I last saw her, she was gobsmacked lol She said I look so slim lol I know I don't, but compared to what I was I know she can see a big difference.

It's hard at times, had some major cravings today, but I only have 12 more 100% days until my b-day break. It's going so quickly. Then another stint and we are over in brid for a weekend so will have just one off plan meal then. I like breaking it down into chunks. I am so close to half way through my s&s journey, timewise.

xx

Your doing do well and certainly getting amazing results that you deserve

We al get them times I get them when I have too much time on my hands

oh i bet thats so great after you havent seen people for a while, and they are in surprise.

Hey guys,

Awful day today, only had 2 packs, not feeling very well at all, feel sick and have upset tum. Not sure which packs I should have if any, shakes make me have a bit of a poorly tum anyway but think this is a bug I've picked up from work.

Drank lots of water today, just going to have some oatmeal and prob have a multivit afterwards. xx

Awww sorry to hear your poorly yes defo keep your fluids up and squeeze in those packs :)

Have an early night if you can

Sorry you're not feeling well Tara. Hope you feel better tomorrow xx

Hey everyone,

Not been feeling well, so came home from work today, have a very poorly tum :-( not going to eat anything, the packs aren't doing me any favours at the min, just trying to drink as much fluid as possible.

Still really looking forward to my bday and hopefully being under 200lbs! xx

I've been bad, had a bad bad day, not going to reel off what, but I've had a meal, which will def put me out of ketosis. Due on, had a bad week, feeling :-( and had an off plan meal!

Not going to beat myself up, back to 100% tomorrow until next sat when we go for my bday meal. Still want to be out of the 200s by then, and I still will be!

Not going to give up, fall off the wagon completely! Just wanted to be honest and put it on here that today I've eaten a bad meal. I didn't finish it all, but I do expect to gain some water weight from it. I plan to flush it all out by weigh in! and be well clear of the 200s by my next weigh in.

Not being coming on mini mins as much, everythings getting very stressful, work situations and the fact my OH leaves the navy this week, and no job to go to. So I did 4 full weeks of 100% had a carvery at the 4 week mark, but was very well behaved and stayed in ketosis. 2 and half weeks since then and have strayed. I don't want this to form a trend. After my birthday I fully intend to stick to having 3 packs per day and then maybe a small tuna/chicken salad type meal and alternate between that and 4 packs.

Oh and by the way, I didn't really enjoy the meal if I am honest! I am even starting to think I don't really want my bday meal now! I got no pleasure from it what so ever! After 7 weeks of this diet almost, I can honestly say that I have had this slip up and never again will I. I know it's easy to say, but I know now that it just isn't worth it, so to anyone out there thinking they may give in to cravings or miss the taste of something, honestly, don't do it. I just feel full, a little sick, bloated, gassy and know I will have water weight to contend with, as well as getting myself back into ketosis and the feelings of elevated hunger for a few days. Bad Tara! haha

I need a butt kick, need to be kept on the straight and narrow! x

Awww Tara don't worry I think have learnt your lesson with that meal. I've fond it on other vlcd and just like you after I had eaten I knew it didn't taste as good as I wanted and I felt even worse.

Tomorrow is another day hun put it down to experience and keep going.

:)

Thanks L2L! Yeah I have def learnt my lesson, we are booked for a meal next weekend for my bday, and the next day the whole family are off to a carvery. I am now dreadding it! I just didn't enjoy this food today, in fact, I enjoyed the tuna salad I had last week much more! I will just have to be 100% for this next 10 days until then, pray I lose the 4lbs to get me into the 100s and then get straight back on it after my bday trip away! I thought the meal would taste so good, but it had no flavour, and it was greasy, I ate too much etc

I may have strayed today but this has really made me think, have my tastes changed etc It's a weird feeling actually, some people slip and really say they enjoyed what they had and just move on, one way or another. But I don't feel that way, I am quite glad in a way and hope now that any other silly cravings I may have, I can draw on this experience and ride through it! x

I have to admit Tara that when I had my short break this weekend there wasn't anything that I had that tasted fantastic to be honest. What's done is done and if you get straight back on track you will get back into ketosis quickly too. Hope things start looking up for you xx

Thanks BG, def straight back on it tomorrow. I just don't know what came over me today, really don't. Just a combination of things I suppose.

It's funny though, chocolate used to be almost an everday food for me, not touched it for 6 and a half weeks now, still haven't had any. Was talking to my mum about this diet, I was just saying it's weird how cravings change as time goes on, I just don't even really feel bothered about chocolate now, I just find myself craving cooked dinners etc.

I don't know if this is similar for most on a vlcd, that cravings change but I can certainly say yes. Pre diet this bad meal I had today would've been down the hatch, not half of it left on the plate, plus I would of had afters! Then it would lead onto the next day etc

Not this time, still want to see that 1--lbs next saturday morning before we go to Lincoln. x

I think sometimes if you do fall off the wagon, whilst not great, it can be positive if you realise it wasn't worth it/ food didn't taste good etc. instead of being that elusive ' what if' you know what it is and it just isn't worth it. If that makes sense. Hope you feel better soon.

Back