My story warts n all....I've started

frenchfancy said:
Thanks dust queen i am certainly looking forward to weigh day and your welcome to pop onto my diary whenever you like. I love reading other diaries for inspiration, they really help me so I just hope that my mundane ramblings of my journey may help, motivate and possibly eventually inspire others starting out. I tell it as it is and give everyone an insight to my life, lol warts and all.
My mum was going to restart cambridge diet but has now decided to try exante instead, so I will be ordering for her over the weekend as she is a technophobe and doesn't do online shopping (she doesn't know what she's missing!)

I will definitely be keeping on eye on your progress, my diary is mostly ramblings :) whatever helps keep you on track ;)

We are having a quiet evening, feet up glazz of fizz (coke zero lol) half a bar and whatever is on the telly. It's all go isn't it? We have a busy manual day planned for tomorrow so a peaceful night is exactly what is needed.

I am looking forward to my treat on monday for my weigh day; I've booked mself a pedicure and leg message. I am a firm believer of having a non food treat as a reward for being good.

Last edited:
Day 6 starts here. Up very early as our dog was making quite a bit of noise whimpering and clattering round; it looks like she has had one of her epileptic fits and was in her post fit disorientated stage. She has now settled and we will be going for our lake walk soon. I've had my half a bar and coffee already as we were up early so I must drink plenty today or I may possibly feel hungry later as I now have a lot of day left and not much in the way of food.
I was also up 3 times last night peeing as I forgot again to use my 8pm drink cut off as I was behind with my water consumption.
The plan for today is to continue with the chicken pen extension, hopefully we may finish it or nearly finish it.

Hi French Fancy, what a great start! Your plans for your DH and DD's birthday meal out sounds great too, and reminds me that there's never a situation where you have to eat if you're determined to stay on plan!
Your lifestyle sounds amazing.... I love the Dordorgne, we often go camping around France and love all the scenery and the peace.
Good luck for Monday weigh in!
LED x

Thanks LED and congratulations on your success so far. I have to stay 100% because if I do cheat it will be the start of a downward spiral and I cannot allow myself to do that. I am not one of these people that could have a night off and get back on track the following day. So I shall restrain myself and stick to my water and coffee.
We retired early to France after working hard for many years and it is perfect for us. We are so glad we made the decidion to move lock stock and barrel. The lifestyle is so much more relaxed and very rural which we love. Where in Dordogne have you been camping?

We are back from the lake and our dog took us on a route march today, she had us practically jogging round, so my legs are now pulling and I was certainly out of breath; which is obviously good aerobic exercise.
On our way home we had to call at the post office to post a card and I got out of the car and left hubby minding the dog. When I got back in the car I had to give my DH the biggest kiss as he told me that he could tell already that I had lost weight; WOOOO HOOOO he's a great guy and I love him to bits. He is really being supportive and encouraging and I think I am very lucky. Mind you he's lucky to have me too lol.
Anyway got 5 more mins with my brew then its off to start the manual labouring

The day of hard manual labour is over and boy oh boy do I know I've been working. I went to throw the ball for the dog, caught my jacket pocket with full force bringing it and all the contents right onto my head. The coat pocket contained pliers and a very very heavy duty tape measure. It knocked me sick, had to sit down for 5 mins to recover whilst hubby comforted me then once he realised I was ok started to make wise cracks. Then I droped the crow bar on my foot and then a post fell onto my foot. i think I must just be having a clumsy day; its a good job the neighbours don't speak any english as there were a fair few expletives coming out of my mouth. On top of that I ache where I didn't know I could ache; stretching wire fencing out pulls all joints even my fingers. We are not quite finished but its looking good. Hopefully we will be finished by monday if we do another full day tomorrow, then any bits monday. Our flock have been watching us and wondering what the heck is going on. We currently have our cockeral- Jimmy Choo and our original layers Gucci, Prada, Dolce, Gabbana, Armani & Chanel. Then we have 5 of their off springs. We dont name them until we are 100% sure they are hens and not coqs.

Anyway I am starting to ramble yet again. Just had a lovely steaming shower and got a glass of fizz (coke zero) and just going to wait another hour before having my soup.

Got up this morning to find a poorly chicken so plans for today changed. We have sstripped the chicken house and disinfected every bit, bathed poorly chicken in powder for mites and made her some mash and had to feed it her, wrapped her in a towel to keep warm. We have then spent 2 hours trying to catch the others to check them over, which is real fun. One of us always end up on our bum as they are so quick and hate being caught. We lost one over the pen into the garden and the dog chased it; so it has now gone into one of the neighbours gardens, so we will have to see if she will come back later on when things settle down. The good news is that the poorly chicken has perked up a bit, so it was worth the hard work.
Unfortunately because we have a warm climate here in the summer they are prone to red mites. We strip the house every month and disinfect but they were particulally bad today so took a blow torch to them too. So hopefully that will be ok now as we should start getting some cooler weather too and they don't survive in the cold.
As far as the diet goes I have done well, but lacking on my water consumption so need to get that increased in the next few hours.

We decided to leave the building work until tomorrow as we just wanted a shower and a brew and now we have sat down there's no getting up again.

wooo hooo I have found you on here lol xx great to read your story .. and good to see that you are doing well honey .. what a busy life you lead xx hope you have a relaxing evening and a fab WI tomorrow xx suzi

Suzi, great to see you again, I wondered where you were lurking; how's it going with you? I am really looking forward to my weigh-in in the morning. When is your weigh day? The diets going really well for me and I am determined to lose this weight so have to stay positive and busy.
Both me and hubby don't know how we ever had time to work full time like we did back in UK. There is just so much to do all the time, but we wouldn't have it any other way now.

There's still no sign of our missing chicken, I just hope she doesn't end up as fox supper when it gets dark, which is highly likey if she isn't back.
We intend to have a chillaxing evening with feet up and my glass of fizz.

I also have a pedicure to look forward to tomorrow as a special treat for sticking to the diet 100%.

shame about your chicken do hope you find her xx I totally understand about you not treating yourself and always putting the others first ... I have decided that I will be treating myself every stone I loose not to food now but to beauty treatments like you or jewellery etc... never ever been one for doing things like that so it will be weird to start with lol ...hope you really enjoy your pedicure tomorrow xx

My day has been hectic and I have only just sat down and I am knackered. My weigh in this morning showed I had lost 10lbs so I am really pleased with that.
We walked the dog, rushed to the bricomarche for more wire for the chicken pen, back home showered and off for 2 hour pedicure (which was lovely) rush back, work gear back on and spent the next 3 hours doing the chicken pen. We spotted our missing chicken in next doors garden so the fox hasn't got her. I put out a trail of corn and am hoping she munches her way home. Then I made dinner for my DH and then shower and sit down for my soup. BIG SIGH, feel really washed out today but think part of it is due to rushing around so much and I kept going light headed while working in the garden.
But hey ho thats life and I just have to get on with it; and 10lbs is worth having the odd off day.

Busy day planned again starting with our lakeside walk. Our bloody dog is getting so fit, she is practically having us running round the lake and I am puffing away like an old boiler. Mind you it's definately good exercise.
We have good news in that Gucci came home last evening and is now back with her flock, such a relief as she is one of our originals and is such a good mum and has raised some lovely chicks.
We have a small bit of fencing to finish today and then start the mammoth task of cutting all our firewood that was delivered last week. We have about 8/9 cubic metres of oak to cut so will take us some time. At this time of year the sound of peoples chain saws is heard all around but we have to be mindful of stopping between 12 & 2 as that is the quiet lunch time, so no power tools please.
We are also planning to return to UK for about 10 days mid october to see family, do some xmas shopping, stock up on various things and do some visiting of friends; but I intend to take all my packs with me and stick to the diet.
My husband remarked again today that he can definately tell I have lost weight; He uses the boob and belly ratio and apparently now my boobs are sticking out further than my belly.
Right DH is cracking the whip to get me working so will post later

Well we have managed to cut and stack a quarter of the wood and it took us 2 and a half hours and I am well and truly shattered.com but had enough for one day so will do some more tomorrow. Sat on a log after full of sawdust and grit and downed a pint of ice cold coke zero, God it was good; then a steaming shower and I feel almost normal now. So a quiet evening planned watching telly with my feet up on DH knee so he can massage my weary feet lol. He's a good un.

SO pleased that Gucci came home :D wow what a busy life you lead .. lol xx hope you made a good dent in the wood chopping

Last edited:
congratulations on your brilliant weight loss! ive enjoyed reading your diary....especially on a cold rainy day (i have had to put the heating on lol)

good luck x

Thanks sooz and ginger; I know I ramble a little but it keeps my hands away from food and out of my mouth; and if it keeps others occupied reading my ramblings then great.
it's market day today so the dog misses her lake walk today but she will spend it running in the garden all day. We have just over an acre so she does get plenty exercise when playing in the garden.
DH will do the housework this morning while I go to market and then this afternoon we will start on the wood again. It is still forecast to be well in the 20's today so another sweaty day of work ahead of us.

You lucky lucky so and so's!!! Lovely area, nice weather.......well done on your weightloss that is brilliant! I'm on day three today and so far so good!

Don't know if i've reached ketosis yet but headache and coldness has gone which is great :0)

Hope you have a fab day, don't work too hard, and just think of the excercise!!

J x

The start of another day and the wood saga continues, but hopefully that job will be finished today; I will be glad as I have aches on my aches. But first we are off to walk the dog round the lake. This is just a quickie while I enjoy half my bar and coffee.
I did a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and so far I have stayed the same this week; maybe I am not drinking enough water, so I will try to up that today. Anyway off for a while as the dog is winding herself round my legs and whining as she knows I am in my dog walking gear.

HURRAY the wood is done; thank goodness. I have been in the kitchen all afternoon baking and preserving. I find it very therapeutic believe it or not. I was so busy cooking that I never had my lunch so I grabbed my half a bar when I started with a growling tummy. Now I will have to make myself some crisps from one of the soups for tonight, to make sure I get all my packs down. I wouldn't want to have 2 soups as soups tonight so at least by cooking one in the microwave I get something to chew while watching telly. It's amazing what we will do while on this diet. Making the crisps is also a trial run for when we are driving back to UK as I wont be able to make my soups up on the journey. This way I can cook them and put in small bags to eat when I feel the need.

Back