My story warts n all....I've started

Wow FF you do a lot of hard work on 600 calories a day!!! I think for the first week or so I was good for nothing, certainly not chopping wood and long walks!
Making crisps for the journey sounds like a great idea, I often get travel sick and need something savory to nibble on, so let me know how it goes.
Keep up the good work!
LED x

LED I have to keep busy or else the temptation could get too much for me. Sometimes I really do feel knackered but push myself on. If I didn't occupy both my mind and hands I could get bored as I am at home all day. When we retired early both DH and me wondered what we would occupy ourselves with each day; now we know we don't have a problem finding stuff to do.
I made the mushroom soup into a paste with boiled water and then dropped teaspoons of the mix on a piece of teflon baking paper and put in microwave for 5 mins, but watched them as they can go from golden to burnt very quickly. I then put them in a plastic bag and sat and crunched my way thru them watching tv. They were a lovely treat.

Today I had to miss out on our walk as we are waiting for the chimney sweep to come; he just said he would come friday morning, no time so one of us had to stay home in case he arrived. Once the chimneys have been swept we can start using the woodburner on the chilly nights. I love watching the fire burn, makes it all look so cosy and autumnal. The only downside is the dust that is created.
We are not doing too much hard work today as we plan to go and see some friends this afternoon, so a bit of a rest day.

I had a very pleasant experience this morning. I tried on 3 brand new tops that my husband bought me for christmas last year. I was never able to wear them as they were too small. Anyway all 3 fit me WOOO HOOO and I am wearing one now with my jeans that are beginning to look baggy. Now that's a great feeling

Great news FF - I love 'shopping' from my wardrobe and finally getting to take the tags off things I bought years ago! Going to have a rummage today as my jeans nearly fell off the other day :D

Woo hoo way to go Debbie .. So glad that your starting to see and feel the benefits if this VLCD .. Hope you have a lovely day with your friends and that the chimney sweep comes nice and quickly so you don't have to Hang around too long for him xxx sorry I've been quiet on the threads xx just been busy and not too much to say lol which makes a change ha ha ha xxx have fun xx sooz

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done FF!!!! I love autumn too and today is officially the first day of autumn here in the UK :0)

I spent three hours yesterday sorting through my wardrobe, I've made two piles of clothes that fit and clothes that don't! I aim to try clothes that don't once a month....

The clothes that get too big will be off to the charity shop as I don't want the ease of putting something bigger on if I go up.....it'll keep me on the straight and narrow post Exante :0)

Have a lovely day visiting friends!

well we are still stuck in waiting for the chimney sweep :( usually the french round here are good time keepers but obviously not our chimney sweep. So I have been preserving again in the kitchen and making soups, chutneys and other bits and pieces. Hubby has gone out in the garden to fell a walnut tree that has died (more wood to cut and stack after he's done that) I am going to be dreaming of wood.
Hopefully we can still get up to our friends today, if not we can always go tomorrow; no great problem. They live on a sheep farm and we frequently go to help them especially during lambing, shearing and other busy times. But we do also have social visits too lol; it's not all hard graft for us.

I made the mushroom soup into a paste with boiled water and then dropped teaspoons of the mix on a piece of teflon baking paper and put in microwave for 5 mins, but watched them as they can go from golden to burnt very quickly. I then put them in a plastic bag and sat and crunched my way thru them watching tv. They were a lovely treat.

What a great idea, I work in the community and these would be ideal. Have you made any of the other soups into crisps as well? Do they lose any of their nutrients when baked??

I have enjoyed reading through your diary makes me feel like I am there. I imagine the lovely French countryside and warm breeze then I'm transported back to the damp and cold of West Wales :sigh: not quite the same.

Ali xx

nurse tubs, any of the soups will do this but officially you are not supposed to "cook" any of the packs as it can destroy some of the nutrients in them, but as I am only doing it now and again I don't see much of a problem. I am glad you are enjoying a taste of french life to brighten your cold damp days; but I see you are due an indian summer and should have a lovely warm week with lots of sun. We still have loads of sun which is perhaps a good thing as the chimney sweep totally stood us up yesterday. I phoned and he in now coming next friday morning. I think I will ring him on thursday to remind him and double check he is coming.

I think this week as I have been so busy my water consumption has suffered and I havent been drinking as much. So this morning when I took a sneaky peek on the scales I have still stayed the same with only 2 more days to weigh day. Or could be that I have been so physically active and humping wood around that I have built some muscle (which is definately heavier than fat). Anyway I shall not let this get me down as I know I have been 100%, so shall try increasing the water and see if I can salvage some loss from this week.

MY plan for today is walk the dog after the rugby has finished this morning. Finish my preserving and help hubby cut up the now-felled walnut tree and stack in the wood pile. See you later

Jobs done! Still got leeks & cabbages to blanche and freeze tomorrow but getting thru all this home grown produce slowly. we definately wont be buying any veg thru winter.
I forgot to add yesterday that the flaming chimney sweep never came and he is now coming next friday morning; but I am going to get up early as I hated missing my walk yesterday, so will definately go before he arrives.
We have just booked ferries to visit UK (dh daughter now coming over later in year, so we are going to UK for the shared birthday) house sitter booked to stay at ours and look after cats & chooks, kennel booked for dog (she has epilepsy and before we rescued her she lived at these kennels for 8 months so she will be safer and happier there while we are away,) So now we are going away in 9 days have got lots to do and lots of lists to make on who we are going to visit, what we need to do and have done while in uk and what we want to buy. I'd like to do my xmas shopping and get it all delivered before we return to france, that way I don't need to post it out.
As far as the diet is concerned I have had another good day but just didn't fancy a soup at dinner and so made crisps again with a thai chicken soup and put extra chilli flakes in, they were lovely and it was great to be crunching something.
I also realised today that I hadn't been to the loo for a number of days so could account for the lack of movement on the scales so far this week. Anyway I took some dulcolax earlier so shall expect a result soon. sorry if too much info but as I said you get warts and all from me. I tell it as it is.
I also plan to take all my packs with me on our trip to uk as I will be sticking with it 100% even on holiday. I want to be finished for xmas

Another new day and I am feeling great. Pleased to announce the Dulcolax worked, that is all I shall say on the matter.
We have decided to have a restful day today so the preserving can wait til tomorrow. So this morning we are having a lazy brew while dh is flicking between match of the day and the rugby world cup, OH JOY!
We will be taking the dog out for her walk later than usual this morning and we may actually walk a bit further as we wont be dashing back to start work in the garden.
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend and I am ready for my weigh-in tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed I have lost as up until yesterday I hadn't :(

frenchfancy said:
Another new day and I am feeling great. Pleased to announce the Dulcolax worked, that is all I shall say on the matter.
We have decided to have a restful day today so the preserving can wait til tomorrow. So this morning we are having a lazy brew while dh is flicking between match of the day and the rugby world cup, OH JOY!
We will be taking the dog out for her walk later than usual this morning and we may actually walk a bit further as we wont be dashing back to start work in the garden.
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend and I am ready for my weigh-in tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed I have lost as up until yesterday I hadn't :(

Good luck for WI tomorrow hopefully the ehem movement will have helped ;)

Good luck for your wi tomorrow!!!! Me too :)

Well today has been a funny old day. Hubby has had severe back ache all day so we didn't walk the dog, I just went in the garden and played ball with her and let her have a good run for an hour. Hence we decided to have this sunday as a day of rest.
Well I have been freezing all day and felt starving hungry, growling tummy the works. I have drunk tons, enough to sink a battle ship and ended up playing computer games with hubby to keep mind off food. I still have half a bar to have later but thats it! I think it is not being busy that has made me feel hungry. I don't do not busy very well, obviously.
I haven't given in, but easily could have. My resolve is strong and I will just have to keep drinking & drinking, tho I fear I am getting water logged.
Roll on tomorrow got stuff to do, and lots of it :) plus weigh in.

I am very sad to be announcing that this week I have stayed the same, not lost a single pound. I am very disappointed as I have been 100% but I do recall when I did vlcd last time that in the 4 months I was on it I didn't lose anything twice. My husband says it's my body's way of catching up with the weight it's already lost.
So we start week 3. One thing I am going to try this week is to not have any coke zero and see if that makes a difference. I do have the water flavourings so could make that up if I fancy a flavour change rather than just fizzy water.
Off to walk the dog soon and than have some shopping to do, vets to go to, visit housesitter re instructions for animals etc; so all in all a busy day planned, thanks god!

Stay positive and focused!!! Your OH is right in thinking your body is catching up!!! Plus look how busy you've been this week, it's probably your body also thinking god I need to hold on to all this to keep me going......when I do loads of gym work I tend to sts or even gain! Guaranteed you'll have a woosh week next Monday!!! Im due my first weigh in later but first I must sleep!!!

Night

Jx

Hi FF it's very disappointing not to lose but a STS is better that a gain! :p As has been previously said you have been working very hard and might be weighing more in muscle mass so you have lost!!
Good luck for the next week and hope the scales are kind to you next Monday.

Ali xx

Oh Debbie ... how guttin is that :sigh: !!! hope that you are doing ok xx Hopefully you will have a brill week now and have a mahooooosive loss again next week xx hope that you don't feel too down about it honey xx hope that your hubby is doing better today and that your planing for the trip back to the uk is going well too xxx as you said to me in another post "keep your chin up girl xx" you can do it xx sooz

Good morning, and a beautiful one it is today. DH is still asleep in bed so don't know if he is feeling any better yet; if not we are definately going to go to DR's as I want him right for the long drive over to uk.

I am going to try to avoid the scales for a good few days (I would love to avoid them for a week, but I am an obsessive weigher, so don't know if I can do that), that way I should see a loss next time I get on them, fingers crossed.
I didn't have any coke zero yesterday and vow today not to have any either. I still have veggies in the veg garden that need blanching and freezing before we go to UK, so really should get on with that today, but we will see.
I wanted to top up the tan before our holiday, but it was 40 degrees at 4.30pm yesterday so decided to sack that idea, it was just too hot; maybe today. I only want to sit out for about an hour or two with my book, but I shall wait and see as the forecast is good for today.

We visited some friends yesterday who informed us that their daughter (was our neighbour but moved in august to the other side of france) is coming to visit 23rd October for 5 days. She hasn't seen me since I lost weight so I desperatly want to lose as much as I can before she visits.

Back