My story warts n all....I've started

I had half of the fruit bar and it was yummy, so glad I can have the other half this evening. I have been busy cleaning this morning to keep myself busy which has worked as I haven't really thought about food. I am going to have one of the thai chicken soups for lunch so will report in later and let you know what I thought of that pack.

Good Luck youll soon be over the worst! :eek:) xxx

Good luck and stay strong through the temptations that lurk to sabotage you during the first few days/week!

I loved the thai chicken, it was really creamy and tasted great; I have to say its much better than LL & CD thai chicken soup. Theirs tasted like it had toe nail clippings in it, yuk yuk yuk. I felt a bit headachey this afternoon but then I have had a few carb heavy days before starting this so it was only to be expected. A couple of paracetamols and a couple of pints of water certainly helped. I am going to have the veg soup tonight and am really looking forward to it after my lunch soup. I haven't felt hungry but then I remember that day 3 & 4 were the worst last time I did vlcd, so I plan to be super busy over those days.
Me and my dh didn't manage to do our lake side walk this morning as we were busy sorting my parents out for their return to UK after their hols with us; so no exercise apart from cleaning today. But we will be back to normal and doing our regular walk every morning with the dog.
I feel so positive and happy knowing that i can get rid of my excess weight quickly and will soon start feeling like me again.

Good luck on your weight loss journey hun, sounds like you're off to a great start.

I was up bright and early this morning (I'd forgotten how much better I slept when on vlcd) and fully rested. Fed the cats, fed the dog and fed our flock of chickens. I am now sat with a large cup of steaming black coffee, plus a pint of water spending time on here while I wait for my DH to get up so we can take the dog for her walk around the Lake. It is so beautiful around there especially now the summer season is over as we are often the only people there. It makes my day walking round such a beautiful place, so peaceful.
I have also had some good news this morning which will make my husbands day (tho going to keep it a surprise until the day). His daughter emailed me this morning as her and her bf want to surprise DH for his birthday and come to stay for 4 days in 3 weeks time. They actually share their birthday so it would be lovely for them to spend it together. It just means that I am going to have temptation put in my way as they will want to eat out. I have tackled this last time when on CD and been out to restaurants and just had bottled water and a large caffetierre of coffee whilst the others ate; so I know I can do it. If I cave in and choose to eat then I will keep finding excuses to eat and I want to be on this diet for the shortest possible length of time.

I made the chocolate shake for lunch and put lots of crushed ice in it to make it thicker and more slush like as I don't like milk shakes at all, never had, can't stand milk. It was ok, but that was it. When I ordered my 2 months supply I ordered one full bumper with soup, shakes & bars and one soups and bars; so the good news is I only 28 shakes to have in 2 months so that works out at 3 shakes one week and 4 the week after. I could possibly like the banana one hot and tell myself its banana custard, but the rest i think will just have to be taken like medicine to get me slim lol.
I have done my preserving, cleaned the bathroom again and am washing for the whole of france at the moment and now sat here with a pint of coke zero as a treat.
I seem to have much more energy and feel great; I am however prepared for the next couple of days which could be like hell, will just keep on being busy.

I am still feeling great, a few growls from my tummy this afternoon but i just had a glass of water and was ok after that. I had the tomato and basil soup for tea which was surprisingly nice and for my treat later had my other half a bar left from breakfast.
Bring on day 3, I love this diet:)

I got up this morning and couldn't resist a sneaky look at the scales. I am usually an obsessive daily weigher so to skip a day is a major breakthrough for me. My DH is always telling me off for jumping on the scales daily and says once a week is enough. Anyway in 2 days of Exante I have lost 5lbs which I am very pleased with. I am not changing my ticker and stats until next monday morning which is my true weigh day. But it has given me a megga boost at the start of day 3 which could potentially be a difficult day as the newness of the diet wears off.
I continue to sleep well and seem to have got my water consumption sorted now; I drink lots up until 8pm then only have a small coffee before bed or I am up too much peeing in the night.
I am off to our local market this morning which the walk in itself takes me 40 mins plus the walk round the actual market, so definately good exercise. I shall be having half a bar for brekkie before I go, then I usually stop and have a small caffetierre of coffee with one of my friends in a street cafe; so lovely morning planned.

Well done you!!!!!! You sound so positive too :0) your doing really well, I can't wait to start on Monday, my order should be here today hopefully!!

How lucky you are to live in France too, whereabouts are you?

J x

Triage bonjour to you; I live in the south west of france in the northern part of the Dordogne in the National park so its very beautiful and green. We moved here 16 months ago but had the house for a few years before the permanent move. It was a fabulous move and we love it here.

When are you actually starting the diet? Good luck, keep busy and stay positive. I am also finding that keeping the diary and making regular entries, no matter how trivial is keeping me focused too.

I have now tried the mushroom soup for my lunch and yet again can give it a big thumbs up. I have some more veg preserving to do this afternoon so will not be sitting idle as that is when my thoughts can turn to eating, which I refuse to do!

Ooooohhh that sounds so idyllic, I start on Monday, ordered the pack yesterday (shakes and bars) as wasn't keen on LL soups!

I may have to try them now though as I like mushroom soup!

I love making preserves, great for xmas pressies too!!

J x

I did LL 5 years ago and only just tolerated the soups, I couldn't stomach the shakes and put up with the bars. Once I did my 100 days I transfered to Cambridge diet and found their flavours much better. Still not a lover of milk shakes and not a lover of shakes on Exante either. The soups are lovely, better than both LL and CD. They taste like proper soup and I actually enjoy eating them. The bars are a little like a flap jack and both are nice (much bigger than LL & CD bars) I cut mine in half and have half for breakfast and the other half in the evening with a proper filtered coffee (my treat).
If you did LL I am sure you will do well on exante and I would lve to hear of your progress.
We grow lots of fruit and veg so preserve lots for the winter, freeze, dry, bottle and make chutneys and jams and I too give them out as gifts. I think its a nice personal but inexpensive touch and they always go down well.
Good luck for monday, I will keep my eyes open for your progress or diary thread.

After spending a couple of hours in the kitchen the sunshine started to call me and so I spent the next 2 hours in the garden, mowing the lawn. Not the great exercise it sounds as we have a little ride on mower. It would take 2 days to do it if we had to use a push mower.

We also took delivery of 8 cubic metres of firewood which has to be cut and stacked, but that will have to wait another few days as hubby has started to extend our chicken pen and wants to finish that first. So there is lots of manual work to be done to keep me occupied.

have had veg soup again for tea followed a bit later with my other half a bar. The football is on telly tonight so I have been on here reading people's diary threads for inspiration, and it does work. Mind you looking at the laptop screen is making me feel tired so perhaps an early night is required tonight. I also decided to do a little painful pampering tonight and spent ages reshaping my unruly eyebrows; they look good but how I hate doing it. My hubby made a comment the other week on how much time I spend looking after all our pets and him and never seem to have time to spend on myself (no he wasn't trying to tell me I've gone to the dogs lol) so I am spending time doing things for me that make me feel good. I have also booked myself in for a pedicure next monday as my first weigh in treat.

Day 4 is going well. I think I am in ketosis as I feel full of beans, in fact I feel fabulous, better than I have for months. We got up early and did our lake walk with the dog, it was so peaceful and the lake was like a millpond today. The sun is shining and is a beautiful day. We came back had breakfast which was half a bar for me, then off into the garden. We are extending our chicken pen and my husband has been digging out the trench ready for posts. So I spent a good hour shoveling soil in the baking sun. I must have sweated a stone lol. well wishfull thinking. We have stopped for lunch now and an hours break. I had a banana shake hot trying to convince myself it was custard; I failed miserably on the convincing and can say I only just tolerated it. I think the next shake I have I will try making it into a muffin. Only another 26 shakes to have lol; I will get them down somehow.

the rest of day 4 went well. I had the thai chicken soup for tea and my half bar later with a coke zero. I had quite a few glasses of water and as a result was up peeing half the night. I must remember to use my 8pm cut off time then just have one brew before bed. That way I only get up once which I can cope with.

Day 5 started with the alarm clock going off as we had promised to take a friend to her hospital appointment today as she needed someone to act as translator for her. So no lake walk this morning but had my usual half bar and coffee. I think the walk is off today as it is now raining (that doesn't usually stop us) and looks like we are set to have a storm, so I can catch up on my ironing this afternoon.
I had the strawberry shake made as a muffin for lunch and have to say it was a vast improvement on trying to drink a shake so that is definately the way forward for all my shakes.

Thanks dust queen i am certainly looking forward to weigh day and your welcome to pop onto my diary whenever you like. I love reading other diaries for inspiration, they really help me so I just hope that my mundane ramblings of my journey may help, motivate and possibly eventually inspire others starting out. I tell it as it is and give everyone an insight to my life, lol warts and all.
My mum was going to restart cambridge diet but has now decided to try exante instead, so I will be ordering for her over the weekend as she is a technophobe and doesn't do online shopping (she doesn't know what she's missing!)

Back