My story warts n all....I've started

frenchfancy said:
I have just realised that I now weigh under 200 lbs, now how good is that? very pleased with that as it is another pyschological barrier passed

That's fantastic :D well done!

well what a rubbish nights sleep last night. The wind and rain kept me awake most of the night. Then the phone was ringing from 5am onwards, so I finally gave in and got up at 6 to find out my older brother has been rushed into hospital with kidney stones again. Now I am up and there is nothing I can do, so come on here to update my diary thread.

The plan for today is to see my DH mother and then we are meeting up with his sister for lunch and tonight we are out with friends. So a pretty full-on day again.

Woohoo 5lbs down and under 200 fantastic. Glad your eye is getting better, kind of put a damper on things while you are over here :(
Wind and rain blowing over here by this afternoon but a nice quiet night :D

Have a great day and hope your brother gets his kidney stones passed quickly xx

Well done FF!!!! You go girl :0) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

we are off out tonight with friends we havent seen since we moved to France 18 months ago; we've emailed etc but not actually seen each other so it will be lovely to catch up. I never drink alcohol anyway so there is no need for them to even know I am doing the diet. They last saw me when I was around this weight, so no shocks for them.
My sil commented today on how good I was looking as she could tell I had lost weight. It's great to have some positive remarks, makes you feel good and makes the diet and hardship all seem worth while, wooo hooo xxx

We had a wonderful night with friends and they are now going to come over and stay with us in france after the new year, which will be lovely.
This morning I am doing some washing and ironing then off into Town with my mum this afternoon to do some more shopping.
I am having no problems sticking to the diet despite going to various restaurants and seeing friends and family; everyone just accepts that I am not eating so don't get any pressure from anyone which is good.

I'm so pleased that you have still been able to follow the diet whilst over here debbie ... it's great that your friends and family have been so understanding ... hope you have a good time shopping this afternoon honey xx

Not long now till we go home; it's lovely seeing friends and family but we are getting ready to go home, missing our animals, bed, lifestyle and weather.
We are off to Ikea today to buy some new coffee tables and shelves for the lounge and to look at their kitchens as we hope to be able to buy our new kitchen in the new year.
We are off out again tonight to see friends and then have a mega busy day tomorrow.
I have been making my milk shakes into crisps/biscuits and have had them while out and about with a coffee. The vanilla ones are especially lush, the bananas good and I am going to try the strawberry today.
Right I am off to shower and get myself ready for a fun packed day in Ikea. xx

Wow, you are so focused FF, inspiring me to give myself a good kick up the bum. My hubby fits kitchens and says that Ikea kitchens are the best quality and they come with a really good guarantee, they are always cheaper than everywhere else too!

Well done on your weight loss x

thanks ginger; my motivation is to be on this diet for the shortest possible time and if I cheated then it only prolongs my journey and that aint happening as I intend to be at goal for christmas. I gave myself a good talking to before I started Exante and made a promise to myself that I was giving 100% commitment to this. So my advice to you is to give yourself a talking to, and decide when you want to be finished on the diet then go for it; and give it 100% then you can start living again and enjoying yourself being slim. Good Luck xxx

We are off out to an Italian restaurant tonight with friends, so I have made some tomato soup into crisps and will take those with me and eat them while everyone else is eating whatever garlic drenched delights they are having. I might sprinkle some garlic granules on the crisps before I put them in the microwave so that I can stink of garlic with the rest of them lol. It seems friends we are seeing tonight are worried about eating in front of me..... erm I have eaten in a fair few restaurants this week, or rather sat with coffee and had my crisps so I really am not bothered. I'd rather be slim x

It seems friends we are seeing tonight are worried about eating in front of me..... erm I have eaten in a fair few restaurants this week, or rather sat with coffee and had my crisps so I really am not bothered. I'd rather be slim x

Every night my husband sits next to me and whinges about feeling bad when he eats... i certainly haven't mentioned it and i don't care if he eats, i made the commitment to myself to not slobber after food when i started Exante as it's unrealistic to expect everyone else not eat just because i'm not. I really don't understand why we make everyone else feel so bad... it's us that should be feeling bad! :8855: I wonder if they really do feel bad, or are just trying to make themselves feel better... x

ginger and proud, No I wont be doing any AAM weeks for the simple reason that until I retired to France (and regained my weight) I had been a cambridge diet counsellor for 5 years so I had the required training to supervise and support people doing vlcds and my clients all did 12 weeks before doing a week with food; so I intend to follow what I know.

Today has been a manic day.
Car back in garage to fix air con; into town to pic new glasses up, get last minute bits of shopping, flowers for mums, to hairdressing wholesalers for all hair supplies, visit sis in law, daughter, mum in law and then back to mums. So sat down and chilling now while hubby has gone for a beer with the guys.
My mum's exante was delivered today and she intends to start on sunday as its her birthday tomorrow.
We will be heading off down to Birmingham tomorrow lunchtime to spend a few hours with my sis in law & neice, my bruv is already in Hong Kong so wont see him tomorrow; then back to Portsmouth for the overnight ferry and we will arrive home about 2pm on sunday (breathes a huge sigh of relief). I will be so glad to be home and I have my weigh-in on monday on my own scales x

Phew! I am exhausted reading it lol
You will be glad to get home for a rest, bet it's been great catching up with all your family tho xx

right, we are up showered, dressed and ready. we just need to pack the bags and load the car, then we are off. So I won't be online now until sunday afternoon. I will be good tho on the diet, I have come this far and been good so no cheating now.
See you all when I am back home; I will wave to you all on my way down the motorway xxx

Back