My Story

Heya, well done huni, you look great! Although it's not like you looked hideous before hand, but it's the confidence that's important.
Congrats ;)

Thanks everyone!

To answer the questions that have been asked. I am 5'10".

With regards to life changing, it has hugely. Confidence is back, I'm a lot more outgoing. I think it has had a negative impact on my relationship with my girlfriend as I do find myself getting a lot more attention. People who didn't find me attractive before are now making an effort to come over and speak to me on a night out etc. I've never had it before so I have to admit it did go to my head. We split up for a couple of months, I don't think she could handle it. We are back together now though and things seem to be on the up.

Plan for the future, perhaps get to the 12 stone mark at the start of the new badminton season, I will be playing 4 times a week. At this point, I will start going to the gym again and try and get rid of the flab and get some decent bodytone.

Again, thanks everyone!

Well done Alex, you really do look like a different bloke!

Wht an amazing difference. well done :D

Woah, You look amazing!! Congrats :D Thats such an achievement. You must feel amazing after going through all of that, its great to see other people reach where they want to be and are so happy.

I totally agree about getting addicted to the congratulations, I love peoples reactions when I havent seen them for months and has been a great motivation to keep going!

Well done mate. I'm down from 16 and a half stone to 13 and a half so far.

Thanks guys - much appreciate the boost I get from the comments - I just did another 5 miles after reading them this morning! Haha.

There's some truly inspirational people on here. I hope my pictures can do for others what their others on here have done for me.

So many times I started a diet or trying to get fit and healthy only to get nowhere and revert back to kebabs and pizza. I felt like I actually couldn't do it. Reading success stories on here makes you realise that you can, so keep doing it.

Great forum!

well you look totally different in both body shape and looks! What an inspiration you are - thank you for sharing :)

alex85 said:
Looking at the above, I need another holiday and a bit of a suntan!

Just been looking through ur pictures, uve done really well and looking great

LOL, you have to have a break now and again Alex mate. :)

very inspiring :) i can't wait to get my 'hot self' back.. lol

good job with the maintaining.. that's the hardest bit if find..

Doing a decent job of keeping it off, I've decided I just need to maintain now so food intake has increased and the exercise has continued.

Good idea - I wonder whether my final goal is sustainable or not - I don't want to have to maintain at a weight where I have to worry about it all the time.

Back