my story

duncan

Silver Member
13928.jpg13926.jpg14730.jpg056.jpgSA400012.JPG
This is my story, well the shortened version
My dad died in 09 so i took to comfort eating, in jan 10 i took the bull by the horns and did cd, i had lostnearly 8 stone by the august 10, between the august and the december, my dads death had hit me like a brick, i didnt go out didnt see anyone didnt have an appetite consequently i lost another 1 and a half stone, picture for was taken by mym mum so she could show me how ill i looked i felt ill to, i go to the docs to get the so called happy pills, got some emotional help, as time went on i started to feel better, in picture 5 that was taken last xmas after gaining half a stone, now ive gone the otherway and gained 11lbs, onwards and upwards i say.
this is a picture of me at my biggest ive ever been

Last edited:
So I am assuming you are NOT on slim&save or any other VLCD ?

Hey! Duncan, correct if me I am wrong - are you saying you have gained 11bs since picture 5 and want to lose that extra 11lbs? You looked great on picture 5 but to me you look very gaunt and thin in the previous shot, I think the photo you say your mum took to show you how thing you'd become? Also are you saying the antidepressants/happy pills caused you to gain weight? Which antidepressants where you on if you don't mind me asking?

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say :s
Im not really trying to say anything much, just a little insight into start to end of my weight loss journey, and how i got so thin in picture 4 and the fact ive gained weight a little, hence why im here.
Also making light conversation

Last edited:
Hey! Duncan, correct if me I am wrong - are you saying you have gained 11bs since picture 5 and want to lose that extra 11lbs? You looked great on picture 5 but to me you look very gaunt and thin in the previous shot, I think the photo you say your mum took to show you how thing you'd become? Also are you saying the antidepressants/happy pills caused you to gain weight? Which antidepressants where you on if you don't mind me asking?
yes, definitely gained weight since picture 5,i now weigh 9.11 so want to get back to 9 ideally,
i was very gaunt in picture 4 that was when i hit rock bottom after my dads death :(, i dont think the anti depressants caused me to gain weight, but they did help me to feel better in myself which in turn helped me to deal with things which then made me sleep better, eat better, just see things differently really, i think they were called citalopram.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Personal stories are always really interesting. I'm sure you'll be successful wi SnS in losing your extra weight to get back to 9 stone. At least you have the advantage of knowing exactly where you want to be weightt wise. Good luck on your journey!

Hopefully it shouldn't take you too long to lose that 11lbs as you've done so well. I'm sorry about the loss of your dad and the toll it clearly took on your health looking at the pictures. Thank you for sharing your photos alas, I am just not brave a enough to share mine and am always grateful to those that do. I'm glad the citolopram worked for you. You look great in your last photo. All the best and will drop by to see how you are doing. x

Thanks for sharing your journey. Personal stories are always really interesting. I'm sure you'll be successful wi SnS in losing your extra weight to get back to 9 stone. At least you have the advantage of knowing exactly where you want to be weightt wise. Good luck on your journey!
those black trousers im wearing, i want to get into them in a few weeks, well i can get into them now but there a taddy bit clingy.
so ive hung them up on the outside of the wardrobe:D

duncan said:
those black trousers im wearing, i want to get into them in a few weeks, well i can get into them now but there a taddy bit clingy.
so ive hung them up on the outside of the wardrobe:D

lol - that's what I did throughout my weight loss journey! Hang one or two things I want to fit into on the outside of the wardrobe!

Morning Duncan, sorry your night wasn't good. Did you find it a struggle to stick to SnS in the evening? (I know I usually do!) Hope you'll be better today.

Definitely find the evenings difficult but.....im back to work tonight so i wont eat.

I totally blew it last night and now this morning im feeling pants :(

AWh! honey, I know how that feels to start the day off really well and then suddenly evening arrives and bam! You've eaten off plan. I'm hardly one to give advice but don't let that lead to remaining off plan. Just keep going. x

I'm ok k ta.

Hows you, you getting sorted.

Im back on track now, phew:)

Glad you are ok and on track. That intial getting the first day or so is tough. I'm on day 5 and feel better than I did day 3 and 4. Day 3 I found tricky!

Back