My SW diary, by Bess.

Nice one Bess!

That's great. It's so lovely to see the numbers coming down and then the clothes feeling looser !!

Isn't your WI day Monday though ?

Have a lovely weekend.

Gail x

It's Tuesday Gail, but I weighed myself on my own scales two days later and got cocky! :rolleyes: :D

Hmmmmm. You can weigh mid week (I can hardly criticise anyone else when I weigh every day !) but store it up for WI day. If you 'count' the mid week weigh ins, if you don't lose any more at the end of the week, it can feel like a disappointment when actually you've been really great. So it's important that you celebrate your achievements on WI day and just look at the scales smugly in between :D

However, you are doing great Bess. You sound really positive and I am so proud of you :D

Gail x

Hmmmmm. You can weigh mid week (I can hardly criticise anyone else when I weigh every day !) but store it up for WI day. If you 'count' the mid week weigh ins, if you don't lose any more at the end of the week, it can feel like a disappointment when actually you've been really great. So it's important that you celebrate your achievements on WI day and just look at the scales smugly in between :D

However, you are doing great Bess. You sound really positive and I am so proud of you :D

Gail x

Thankyou and that's quite true Gail, about the mid week weigh-ins, I hadn't thought of it like that!

I was exactly the same when I started so I totally understand. You're doing really well so you need to have that real satisfaction when you achieve the results. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Gail x

I would be the same too only I don't own any scales and am always too lazy to set up the wii fit! Lucky really as i am up and down like a yoyo!

Good luck for your weigh in!

Xxxxx

Home weigh in..... -1lb. Blimey, this is slow....:(.

I've been careful but am wondering if I should knock off the syns for a while? I was so cross last night though. Poured myself a wine glass of low cal tonic water and downed the lot because I was thirsty, thought it was nicer than usual,(less sweet), checked the the bottle and it wasn't sugar free...Grrrrr!

Bess said:
Home weigh in..... -1lb. Blimey, this is slow....:(.

I've been careful but am wondering if I should knock off the syns for a while? I was so cross last night though. Poured myself a wine glass of low cal tonic water and downed the lot because I was thirsty, thought it was nicer than usual,(less sweet), checked the the bottle and it wasn't sugar free...Grrrrr!

Hi Bess,

How much have you lost in total now ? It can be slow (although not always) but are you enjoying what you eat ? if so, hopefully that will mean that you can be 'normal' and still lose weight.

I share your frustration about the tonic. I did that once with Alpen bars (thinking they were light) and felt so stupid. Could have kicked myself. But it happens. You're doing well. What's important is that it's coming off. Stick with it and it will continue to come off and before you know it, you'll be where I am (or your own equivalent !).

Big hugs.

Gail x

Yeah me too, I once drank about a litre of lemonade before realising it was full fat lemonade! Goof! Hope you're ok. Sorry that you're disappointed with your loss, an lb a week is a good rate and if you stick at it you'll soon see a difference.

Hi Bess,

Where have you gone ? Hope you're doing ok ???

Gail x

Thankyou Gail and Jules, I'm fine, just so, so busy. Weigh in today- official one. Not expecting great things, any loss will be welcome, will post on here properly, probably tomorrow. x

Hi Bess - just found your diary on here!!:wavey: You've done brilliantly so far - SW takes some getting used to and even though I've done it several times before I'm still getting my head around it again as it's so easy to forget and/or assume things...

Good Luck with your weigh-in tonight. I went the online route in the end. I really hope it will work for me as I had planned on starting a meeting on Saturday and then got over excited and started pressing buttons on the computer / whipping my credit card out ;). Now I'm "stuck" with the online membership so will HAVE to make sure it works.

I love your food choices - I need to be more adventurous! I haven't had mackerel in ages...

Good luck Bess x

Jules!!! You've reached your target!!! Fab! Oh well done, I'm so pleased for you and you look fantastic!! xx

Hi Alli and Jess, good to see you here! :hug99::hug99:

Well, the weigh in. What a farce. I knew I couldn't stay - had a work appointment 2 hours away, so I whizzed in to the meeting place 15 minutes early and they weren't set up, shame, but there you are. So on my scales I weighed 13.11, just 1lb less I think. No great shakes, but it's slightly less, so that's ok. I will try to do better this week, but frankly I am finally learning my limitations and if it takes me months or even a year to get rid of this last 2 stones I don't really care. I have finally found a way of eating that I can stick with, that is healthy and that I can fit in with my life. Tortoise all the way me! I feel so much better physically already and happy that I have a plan which I trust. With the support on here and the occasional kick where it matters I shall make it, I know I shall!

Gail, I have lost 2 stones and 6lbs from my heaviest which was 2 years ago. I had lost just over 4 stones in total 18 months ago but 2 crept back on. Now to finish properly with a plan I am sure I will maintain! xx

I think it unlikely that I will be able to make the next meeting either, we'll see.

Hah!!!!! Found you!!! Wondered where you had been hiding. I am going to have a squizz through your diary and report back ;)

Hope all is ok with you hon xxx

Aw thanks Bess! I'm really pleased. It's nice to see you back! Well done on your lb loss! You will definitely get there like you say, sw is a plan that you can maintain and still enjoy eating!! Xxxx

Hah!!!!! Found you!!! Wondered where you had been hiding. I am going to have a squizz through your diary and report back ;)

Hope all is ok with you hon xxx

Hi Chels, not really hiding! Just plodding on as usual, liking the SW path though. I really think it is for me. xx

Back