My SW diary, by Bess.

Great attitude Bess, you won't regret it!

I think I'll post my food here for a while, just to make sure I'm following SW ok. All comments welcome!

B: Bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato.

L: Last night's SW chicken and leek pie, peas and broad beans. Fat free yog.

Snacks: Alpen Light Bar, apple, baked crisps (5 syns)

S: SW Spag bol, 28g parmesan (HEx) Red wine. (6 syns)

Sugar free Jelly and another Muller light and a SW bar. Hmm..that makes me an Alpen light over - not sure what those syns are.

Last edited:
I think I'll post my food here for a while, just to make sure I'm following SW ok. All comments welcome!

B: Bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato.

L: Last night's SW chicken and leek pie, peas and broad beans. Fat free yog.

Snacks: Alpen Light Bar, apple, baked crisps (5 syns)

S: SW Spag bol, 28g parmesan (HEx) Red wine. (6 syns)

I'll add more tomorrow if there is any.

Hi Bess,

Good on you. I'll keep looking at it and commenting.

My comments would be - breakfast looks good.

Lunch - the only superfree in that are the leeks. Peas and broad beans are free but not superfree so did the leeks make up 1/3 ?

Spag bol - I'm sure if your spag bol is anything like mine has plenty of superfree but could you add some superfree with it to make up 1/3 (or even slightly more if you don't mind) ?

And did you have your HexB ?

Otherwise, looks like yummy food. See you during the week :)

Gail x

Ooooh yes, I love my HexB's. In fact that's definitely what I would/will increase when I get to target. I love the new chocolate HiFi bars. And there is a butterscotch (chocolate coated) special edition HiFi bar coming out - 2 for a HexB. How excited am I ????!

Gail x

Morning Bess you have great support over here.. I'm sure you will get there very very soon!

Keep smiling and hope you have a lovely day too x

Thanks Gail and Jules, I'm very pleased that you'll keep an eye on what I'm doing.

I've adjusted my food, as I said I would to include everything, the SW bar was my HexB, but that puts me an Alpen light bar over to syn - I think it's 4.5, so that makes 15.5 syns, oh dear.

I did a bike ride as well, there were lots of veggies in the bolognese sauce, but I couldn't eat much, just felt I'd had enough.

I must check the superfree list again, thanks so much for helping me. xx

Sneaky peek at the scales this morning show a 1lb drop since weigh in, I'm quite pleased but kind of ignoring it, I'll go by the official one on Tuesday.

Today's food:

B: A fat free yoghurt. (Not hungry)

L: Squash soup, salad - lots of leaves from the greenhouse - one pickled egg and cottage cheese. My yummy SW choc bar,(Hex B) bit of a pity that, I've not got it for the evening now, but I'm thinking about syns and if I don't have a glass of wine I can have a small chocolate bar.

S: More Squash soup, so yummy. Stir fry of - 1/2 teasp olive oil, red onions, red and green peppers, quorn pieces, ginger, garlic and shredded cabbage, soy sauce. Mashed potato/sweet potato/ parsley on the side. Muller light. Red wine - 6 syns.

Hot choc drink (2 syns) with a little soya milk (Hex A) and an Alpen light bar, 3 syns) - thanks Gail!

Hope I'm getting the hang of this. I am not at all hungry. I really fancied a small chocolate bar, I buy 50 tiny ones from Sainsbury's and had bought 2 bags a couple of weeks ago - 100 bars! The rotten lot had eaten them all - there were only coconut ones left which I don't like. Humph! Hence the Alpen light bar, a poor substitute I find.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the SW choc bar Bess!

xxx

Chocolate HiFi ('SW bars') yum yum.

Alpen lights are usually only 3 syns so don't worry !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thought that would prick your ears up Katy :8855:

:D:D:D I think the Hifi bars are only available at meetings. It's one of the things that I don't like about SW - that they don't have an online shop for Hifi bars :(.

If anyone knows how to get Hifi bars without going to meetings (or at extortionate prices on eBay) please let me know as I really like them!

:D:D:D I think the Hifi bars are only available at meetings. It's one of the things that I don't like about SW - that they don't have an online shop for Hifi bars :(.

If anyone knows how to get Hifi bars without going to meetings (or at extortionate prices on eBay) please let me know as I really like them!
DD2 goes to a class, I'll have to ask her to get me some.....you would think that you would be able to buy them from SW online. Perhaps we should start a petition :)

Thought that would prick your ears up Katy :8855:

Na, I bet she could smell chocolate from 200 miles away!

Tell me more about the SW choc bar Bess!

xxx

Soooo yummy and rich. Hi-fi deluxe choc bars - 4 in a pack, about £1.90 ish. One is a Hex B or 6 syns. So Katy, you could have 3 in a day!! As Alli says, only available from a group, but...I could post you some? xx

Chocolate HiFi ('SW bars') yum yum.

Alpen lights are usually only 3 syns so don't worry !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Oooh good! Thanks Gail! x

I can post some to you too Alli if you like? x

I can post some to you too Alli if you like? x

Thank you for the offer! I'm going to ring up one of the consultants locally and plead my case and see if they will let me come and buy some! They probably aren't allowed but might make an exception as I'm a paying member ;). If not, I might take you up on the offer as if you buy them on eBay they're usually £3-4 plus postage!!

Happy Friday!! :):):)

Last edited:
4 x 100% SW days done! Feel better already and not a bit hungry. I can cope with just fancying something and then seeing if I have enough syns left now :). Mind you, I'm never going to go over my syns in the belief that I will repay them the following day - sounds too much like an overdraft to me - and I dont have the strengh to be sure I'll repay it - yet!

B: Cheese omelette & salad, (weird I know, but it was already there, prepared and yummy!)

L: left over supper from last night - quorn stir fry and a muller light yog.

T: Starving hungry when I got home so had a small salad, cottage cheese and a pickled egg.

Baked crisps and 1.5 glasses of red wine outside with everyone in the evening sunshine! 14 syns.2 Baby Bel light cheeses. (HexA)

S: Small - Salmon, salad, new potatoes. Fresh fruit salad, grapes, plums, strawbs, kiwi.
Have found Apple balsamic vinegar, made by Aspall --- sooooo good!

SW choc bar (HexB)later with a decaf coffee (always black).

Last edited:
Yum yum - I like the sound of that too !

I agree with you about borrowing syns. I never do it deliberately, only if I have no choice. You are doing brilliantly. I'm sure you are going to have a good week this week :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Oh... bars sound great! Don't worry, though, will try to survive... I am liking the fruit, I never really have eaten a lot of fruit since CD and it is a real treat! (I may plead for bars-by-post one day though, so be warned!)

xxx

julesm said:
Hmmm £3 on eBay you say? I may smell a money making scheme!

LOL. Go for it Jules !!!

G x

Sent from my iPhone

Feel so much better, my tummy looks and feels a little thinner too. :)

B/L: Bacon, egg, low fat sausage, mushrooms, baked beans.

Nibbles: Salad, fruit. Apple and a banana.

S: Thai chicken and vegetable soup with vermicelli. Loads of veg in it and some quorn because someone ate most of the chicken...hmmm. Muller light.

2 x Red wine (12 syns) tiny Crunchie (4 syns) SW bar (Hex B). I syn over, oops. 2 light Baby Bels (HexA)

Bike ride.

Last edited:
Back