My SW diary, by Bess.

Agree. I love slimmingeats too.

Well done Bess on your loss and your attitude. It's that attitude that will keep you on plan, no matter what ups and downs you have and that in the end will take you to your target. I'm so thrilled for you.

Good to see you back here.

Gail x

Hi Bess!
You sound just like me, but this time I am going to do it!!!
Have you tried britmumincanada's website? Its absolutely fantastic, and I think it will defo help me this time because the food ideas are really helpful. Take a look, is: Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
Good luck, will keep checking in!

Sorry, slimmingeats.com

Thanks Mrs Craig, I'll check those out, any ideas welcome, I get so bored with my own cooking! I bought the EE recipe book and the dessert one but have been so busy I haven't had time to follow them properly. Perhaps this weekend..

Hi Bess,

Glad to see that you have got your head sorted and that you are finding this something you can easily live with. It doesn't matter that it is slow progress.......the main thing is that you are making progress. Credit to you for that.

Just had a quick look at the slimming eats website and looks good. Will check it out further when I'm at home and have more time.

xxx

Well, I know this isn't recommended but I couldn't resist a little look at the scales. So, later than usual, dressed and breakfasted - they are down another 1lb!! to 13.10.:D

Tuesday is official weigh in, I think I can get there now. :)

After a good few days I was slightly up on syns - by a gin and tonic :eek: at a fantastic live music event last night. However, we've started riding our bikes again after the winter, feels so good.

Hi Bess,

Sneaky peaks are ok AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GO INTO A PANIC if they don't show a loss/what you expected. I have learnt that lesson the hard way :eek:

Glad all is going well. I'm just so pleased for you. Good luck for Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

SW weigh in says 14st, (my scales say 13.11,) so 1lb down and just 2 lost altogether. Still it's ok, since I am not being as rigid as I could/should be. Must try harder! But a couple of days away may scupper that intention. :eek:.
Bike riding has started again, after the winter- I did two rides yesterday!

Last edited:
Well done Bess - it's a lb down which is the main thing - as long as it's in the right direction it's all good!

With all that bike riding, hopefully your days away won't do too much damage - either way SW will be here waiting for you on your return - we all have lives to live and enjoy and whilst SW doesn't feel like a diet most of the time it's not always possible (or desirable) to completely stick to it...

Well done Bess. A 2lb loss is great!! :)

Well done Bess - it's a lb down which is the main thing - as long as it's in the right direction it's all good!

With all that bike riding, hopefully your days away won't do too much damage - either way SW will be here waiting for you on your return - we all have lives to live and enjoy and whilst SW doesn't feel like a diet most of the time it's not always possible (or desirable) to completely stick to it...

Alli, OH and I are 'escaping' for 2 days to Dorset - he has found a fabulous hotel with rave reviews, I am so looking forward to it. I shan't be silly and blow the diet too much though, I like eating the SW way, it suits me, even though I now know I am tortoise and not a hare! xx

Well done on your 1lb. I agree with other posters that as long as it's going in the right direction that's good. I assume that you are enjoying your food so hopefully it doesn't feel much like a diet and more just a healthy way of eating. In which case it will continue to come off :).

Looking forward to next week now :D

Gail x

P.S. And thanks for your lovely post on Jules thread earlier. Much appreciated x

Hi Bess,

Thanks for your post on my diary. How are things going ? Have you been away for the weekend or is that another time ?? If so, how was it and was the food as good as hoped ?

Hope things are going ok for you. Good luck for your WI this week.

Gail x

Hello Gail, the couple of days away were lovely, fab beach walks, exploring new pretty towns and villages and amazing food involved - really, really good - but not exactly SW all the way! But small portions so not too bad though.

I was spoilt rotten yesterday by all the girls, which was so nice. They cooked all the weekend meals which were all SW friendly, including a really good lemon mousse from the desserts book.

I've been reading a couple of other diaries, I'd like to read more but lack of time...and feel inspired to try different meals. Hoping for a STS this week, (tomorrow), we'll see and a really good effort this week for a definite downward shove next weigh in. Lots of bike riding - 10 miles yesterday, quite hilly but I feel a bit stiff now!

Heey bess you are here too lol..! thought id post and say hi.! and will be back to keep up with your sw progress. x

Heey bess you are here too lol..! thought id post and say hi.! and will be back to keep up with your sw progress. x

Hi Shanny! It'll be slow I fear, but I am going to carry on until I finally get to where I want to be. There are so many amazing people on here who have done so well and inspire me. Just concentrating on trying different things to eat now. x

Bike riding has started again, after the winter- I did two rides yesterday!

Good work :). I ought to dust my bike off....! I haven't had it out since probably last summer <shame>

Well, after my mini break last week inspite of long bike rides, horse rides and walking, I'm 2.5 lbs up. That's 1/2 a pound more than when I started SW a few weeks ago.
So, disheartened but not giving up. I am now following SW to the letter.(About time!) Yesterday was 100% and today will be so as well. No boundary pushing, just getting on with it. :rolleyes:

Good on you Bess. But remember that if you hadn't started SW you would be 3lb more than when you started. Don't be down, just get back on plan. I have found that I have had really good losses after a gain so look forward to that next week and fingers crossed.

Gail x

Did you have gains as well Gail?

Hi Bess,

Only 3 gains since I started. All in February this year and all expected (and 'planned') following weekends away eating lots of delicious gourmet food (Unfortunately I love fine dining -eek !). No regrets. They were all worth it. One of them although the gain was only 1lb (actual gain of 3lbs because I'd already lost 2lb that week before I went) I lost 6lb the following week. Great feeling :). So work hard this week and fingers crossed.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back