My SW diary, by Bess.

the past is another country, they do things differently there.

;o)

xxx

Darn right they do. :eek:.

Proust? No........... the Go Between - L.P. Hartley? Um...maybe not.

Weigh in tomorrow, suppose I'd better go.....:(. Funny how it concentrates my mind into not picking tonight.....all those golden bunnies......we all came up with the same idea and they appear to be breeding in the pantry now. There must be about a dozen!

could you release them into the wild? That I would like to see. Their little bells jingling on the hillside...

xxx

Well, didn't think I'd get away with it, weight 1 1/2 lbs up. :sigh:
The thing is, (unless I am really useless at knowing what to eat and what not to) I really didn't eat/drink too many unsuitable things, in fact I had the brakes on a bit. Not SW ok, but not an all out sugar fest either...yet that's what the scales show. Ah well, back to being sensible now. Fingers crossed.

B: Banana, yoghurt, cottage cheese.

L: 2 scan bran, 2 laughing cow light blue cheese squares, a nibble of low fat cheddar, (HexA) smoked salmon, fish sticks, (ok, the whole packet in the car on the way home :eek:), an apple, a banana and an SW bar (The Scan bran and the bar = my HexB) Humm...that's a lot, I was hungry.

Bag of crisps (5 syns)

S: Chicken, asparagus (1st of the year - yum!), pasta.

Later: still hungry, oh dear! Late night snack of smoked salmon, pickled eggs, cold pasta and a drink of hot chocolate. (2 syns)

A 7 syn day...apparently. I was so hungry all day though, feel that I probably ate too much, even of the right stuff.

Last edited:
Hi Bess,
How are you getting on? I'm new on here and came across your diary as we have the same amount to lose! I'm struggling but I'll get there!
Good luck!
Tracey-Anne xx

Hi Bess,
How are you getting on? I'm new on here and came across your diary as we have the same amount to lose! I'm struggling but I'll get there!
Good luck!
Tracey-Anne xx

Hello Tracey-Anne, I'm struggling too, if truth be told. After a lazy start I finally got to grips with SW and did ok, -5.5lbs in 2 weeks, then Easter intervened. :eek:. I have 2 back to back holidays starting on Friday and although they both will involve plenty of exercise I am wondering how I'll be. My intentions are good though. Welcome hare and good luck with your weight loss journey, SW is great, if you follow it properly! Have you started a diary yet?

Hey Bess. Don't let a 1.5 gain upset you. A few of us will be taking gains this week, thanks to easter, so you are not alone. I know you feel it's a bit unfair, but don't let that thinking take hold - you said it well to Tracey-Anne; SW works when you follow it to the letter. It's quite a generous plan so maxing out on the syns is going to cause trouble for us... even if our choices seem healthy. No feeling sad, just pick yourself up and carry on... if it went on quick, it can come off quick, and a bit more besides. If you are careful on hols then all that exercise should actually help the weight fall off faster!

Please don't be disheartened. We are all the same, Bess - we are here because we have eaten too much of the wrong things in the past. (Sometimes of the right things, too.) We are smart women but not so smart with out food... that's why a framework helps so much. If we can use it wisely it will help us to lose or maintain; if we push the boundaries too much we will put on, because this is a diet with food in the picture and weight will fluctuate up & down more than on CD for example. What is the alternative? Giving up? Not happening. CD? I think not.

We are troopers. We carry on. And if you put in a good SW week now, I am SURE this 1.5 & MORE will be gone before you know it. If it is any consolation, my scales are up a pound today (yes I am bad, still doing the daily weigh...). Will I run for the hills? No. Cut down on syns. You too. We are all in this together... and we are all going to make it.

(PS: can you take me on your walking holiday, please? I will be no trouble!)

xxx

Wow very well said Katie! Totally agree. Holidays are a tough time and Bess I think you've done really well. I'm sure you'll be able to pick yourself right back up and get back on it xxxx

Finished adding the last of the day's food, several posts up ^. Oh dear. :sigh:

Bess, 7 syns is GOOD... it's OK to eat the free stuff, I'm certain! And as I know very well, some days are just hungry days... pity I didn't eat free foods when I had one! Keep the faith. Looked like a good day to me!

Sun shining here, looking like another sunny day... yay!!!

xxx

xxx

Bess if you are hungry, eat eat eat!! There's so much stuff we can eat there's no need to be hungry. Do you like melon? Melon is a great one for when you are hungry because you can eat loads of it and it does fill you up aaaaaand... it's superspeed! Yay!

xxxx

Well Guys, your advice is proven. I scale jumped this morning and they are 2lbs down! Good, I feel much better. Shame my weigh in wasn't today, no matter. I have reached a mini goal today and am the same weight as when I met good friend last year. :).

Busy day.xx

Yes, yes, YESSS!!! Told you!

My scales were up on Monday & Tues but came down again.

You are LOSING Bess. And also WINNING. And I am sending you a big hug!!!

xxx

I haven't started a diary yet, do I do it on here somewhere? Since I've been on this site I've been able to stick to the plan more, I just wish I could get my head around the weekends, wine, takeaways, 4 kids and a busy social life. Even saving my syns won't undo that lot! I've got about 80lbs to lose and in 12 weeks I'm moving back to the UK after 4 years of fun in the Middle East. I moved here 11stone and now I'm 16.5, I still can't quite believe it's happened!!! I would so love to put a real dent in it before I go home for good. Thanks for the great advice so far...xx

PS: I save most of my syns all week for the weekend for a bit of damage limitation, bad idea? Also started Davina dvd 4 times a week last week. I'm an angel all week and a devil at weekends!!!

I haven't started a diary yet, do I do it on here somewhere? Since I've been on this site I've been able to stick to the plan more, I just wish I could get my head around the weekends, wine, takeaways, 4 kids and a busy social life. Even saving my syns won't undo that lot! I've got about 80lbs to lose and in 12 weeks I'm moving back to the UK after 4 years of fun in the Middle East. I moved here 11stone and now I'm 16.5, I still can't quite believe it's happened!!! I would so love to put a real dent in it before I go home for good. Thanks for the great advice so far...xx

I quite understand why you are surprised T-A, I felt much the same way. Especially as I thought I ate good healthy food. Now after following SW for a few weeks I realise that was right, but I ate too much of the extra's ('syns' if you like) as well.

PS: I save most of my syns all week for the weekend for a bit of damage limitation, bad idea? Also started Davina dvd 4 times a week last week. I'm an angel all week and a devil at weekends!!!

No, that doesn't matter apparently, as long as you have the willpower to stick to it - not sure I have! Well done on Davina!

Yes, start your diary here if you want to. I've found it very helpful, listing food means I don't lose track and the wisdom and support from kind people on here is invaluable, I just wouldn't/couldn't do it without them. :)

Wednesday's food.

B: 3 :eek: eggs scrambled, smoked salmon and an apple. Really kept me from being hungry for hours. Maybe a good idea?

L: (Late) Broccoli and Stilton Soup, homemade in a restaurant. Don't know exactly what was in it, but it wasn't creamy or fatty. 2 pieces of homemade sourdough bread, no butter or oil. Yummy.

S: Low fat sausages, some grilled chicken, peppers and mushrooms. Mashed potato and cabbage (from the greenhouse!) Melon ( thanks Jules!x)

SW bar.
A tiny chocolate bunny - 4 syns. Hot choc drink, 2 syns, 1 baby bel cheese.

Total 6 syns + bread, estimate 6 syns, so 12 altogether. Good.

Last edited:
Thursday's food:

B: Omelette with last night's mashed potato in, some tomatoes and 1/2 HexA cheese.

Banana, apple.

L: Cous cous salad, tomatoes, cottage cheese. Muller light yog.

Pack Quavers (4 syns?)
Bits of cream cake = 1 small one in total. Syns 6? Wine 9 syns. Hmm.....19 syns in all. Oh dear.

S: SW Spag bol.

Shan't be posting here for a couple of weeks, off on 2 holidays which have lots of exercise involved (walking 100 miles :eek:!) but some lovely meals as well. Ho hum, see you all mid May. xx

Enjoy it Bess, we will miss you!

xxx

Back