My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Hi Lotte! Thanks for checking in :) Things are going well this week, just had dinner and it was so nice I feel like it should have been well over my syns! (It was only 3 syns and a HEA but so nice!) I've got my fingers crossed for a good loss this week.

Heading over to your diary now to have a read! :)

Well, this week I pulled it back and dropped 3lbs! I'm so pleased with this, I was able to stay on plan most of the time and it seems to have paid off! Next week will be a challenge as I'm away on Saturday visiting friends that I haven't seen in almost a year so there will be a lot of drinking involved! I'm also missing my SW class next week because of a late meeting at work so it'll be 2 weeks until I weigh in again...plus next Friday I have our work Christmas meal, which will be a kicker! We've already placed our orders and I did go for the healthier options and I'll pick and choose what I eat but we'll just have to wait and see what happens. There will be alcohol there too...eek! Anyway...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 2 - 6lb loss - 16 stone, 5 lbs
Week 3 - 4.5lb loss - 16 stone, 0.5lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 4 - 2lb loss - 15 stone, 12.5lbs
Week 5 - 1lb loss - 15 stone, 11.5lbs
Week 6 - 3.5lb loss - 15 stone, 8lbs - One Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 7 - 1.5lb loss - 15 stone, 6.5lbs
Week 8 - 3lb loss - 15 stone, 3.5lbs - One and a Half Stone Award
Week 9 - 0.5lb loss - 15 stone, 3lbs
Week 10 - 0.5lb gain - 15 stone, 3.5lbs
Week 11 - 2.5lb loss - 15 stone, 1lb - Club 10
Week 12 - Maintain - 15 stone, 1lb
Week 13 - 3lb loss - 14 stone, 12lbs

Target for weeks 14 & 15 - 2lb loss to get my 2 stone award!

hiya hun
u seem to be doing fab - really on it :)
iv enjoyed readin ur diary and look forward to following ur journey x

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Taking a holiday day today for weigh-in as I've got a late meeting so can't make it to group. Therefore, I'll be weighing in again next Tuesday. I did have a terrible weekend though...met up with a lot of friends, ate everything and drank even more. Therefore, I think missing a week is a good thing as it'll give me time to re-lose the weight I've definitely gained this week! Eek!

I'm going out on Friday for our work Christmas meal and, as a little damage control, I've decided that I'm not going to drink any alcohol and I'm going to take my car with me so I won't be tempted. That should help me maintain control as I've chosen the best things on the menu plan-wise (except for dessert but only because there was only 1 gluten-free item available). I'll also pick and choose what I eat from each course so I think it should be ok.

I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Hi Grunka Lunka! Thought i would drop in and just say hello!

I hope I am as sucessful with SW as you have been. :)

I just remembered something that I thought I'd jot down here.

I've found recently that my work trousers have been getting a bit baggy so I went through my wardrobe to see if I could fit into some of my smaller trousers that have been gathering dust for the last few years. The ones I've been wearing are a size 18 and are too baggy to look good now.

I found a pair of 16's that I bought years ago under the old 'they're too tight at the moment but I'll only need to lose about 5lbs for them to fit nicely' mindset. Well, the 5lbs never came off so neither did the tags on those trousers! Anyway, I tried them on and they fit nicely now so I'm super happy about that!

However, I also found a pair of size 20's in the back of the wardrobe and thought 'great, I can throw these away!' Nope. They fit exactly the same as the 16's do. Still had the tags on them too. How can sizes vary so much in the world of clothes? There should be a set measurement range for each size so that a 16 and a 20 can't be identical! I get that people are different shapes etc. but the fit around the waist and the leg is the same on both pairs. I almost don't want to wear the size 20's as mentally it feels like I've taken a step backwards. However, they're nice trousers and look good so I'm wearing them with a scowl.

Rant over :)

Righto! Had a 0.5lb loss this week, which is quite a result considering the amount of food and drink I've had over the past fortnight. Back on plan properly now though and really gunning for that 2 stone award next week! So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 2 - 6lb loss - 16 stone, 5 lbs
Week 3 - 4.5lb loss - 16 stone, 0.5lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 4 - 2lb loss - 15 stone, 12.5lbs
Week 5 - 1lb loss - 15 stone, 11.5lbs
Week 6 - 3.5lb loss - 15 stone, 8lbs - One Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 7 - 1.5lb loss - 15 stone, 6.5lbs
Week 8 - 3lb loss - 15 stone, 3.5lbs - One and a Half Stone Award
Week 9 - 0.5lb loss - 15 stone, 3lbs
Week 10 - 0.5lb gain - 15 stone, 3.5lbs
Week 11 - 2.5lb loss - 15 stone, 1lb - Club 10
Week 12 - Maintain - 15 stone, 1lb
Week 13 - 3lb loss - 14 stone, 12lbs
Week 14 - Holiday
Week 15 - 0.5lb loss - 14 stone, 11.5lbs

Target for week 16 - 2lb loss to get my 2 stone award!

Dropping in to say hello Grunka Lunka,

Well done on your weight loss and good luck with your target for this week...I'm sure you will hit it as I can feel your determination.:)

Hi Mini! Thanks for the message! :)

I'm super determined to get that 2 stone award next week, so far so good!

Absolutely love your little Christmas video in your signature too, it cracked me up! :roofles:

Thanks Pinkemi and Jean88!

I'm pleased with my 0.5lb loss. I knew I was going to have 2 days kind of off-plan due to a meet up with friends and my department Christmas meal but I found that as I didn't go to group last week (had a late meeting and couldn't get back in time for it) I wasn't as strict with myself as I would have been if I'd gone to group. I guess I felt a little more relaxed as I had 2 weeks to get the weight off. Not a fan of skipping group as I find the accountability I have there to be quite motivating so I'm going to try not to miss any groups from now on if I can help it.

Jean88, how are you finding SW so far? I'm on week 16 now (can't believe it's been 16 weeks!) and I haven't lost my motivation or determination yet. I did SW a few years ago and found that around this time I stopped staying to group and was just weighing and leaving...then eventually quit altogether. Maybe it's because I'm older now and I've lived with being overweight for so long that I'm finally in that place where I really want to change for myself, rather than for anyone else. :)

It's going well so far. I've done slimming world loads of times in the past and always lose a stone really quickly then think okay I've got this and end up giving up. I do it time and time again. But not this time. I think I reached rock bottom and realised that I can't just do a quick fix diet I have to do this for the rest of my life. Honestly some days are really hard but I look at the food and think it's just not worth it. I'm rewarding myself with every weight loss no matter how small to keep myself motivated.

I know how you feel Jean88, I was exactly the same. I've tried so many diets over the years, done SW from home etc., lost a little bit, got complacent and then fell right off the wagon. It does feel different this time though as, like you, I think I've realised that this is going to be a lifelong change, not just a fad that I can quit after a while. 'The rest of my life' sounds like a long time but it's really not that bad since SW is pretty easy to stick to as long as I keep my goals in the front of my mind (and the alcohol out of reach!!) :D

Lol I'm the same but with sugar!
I read a good quote that said: Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard. Trying to keep that in mind! Hoping to reach my goal by my 30th in 18 months.

Back