My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Well weight loss has gone COMPLETELY out the window this holiday period! I've eaten EVERYTHING and drank even more than that! My class wasn't on so didn't weigh in this week but I think I gained 2lbs as of a couple of days ago and I've pigged out SO much since then there's no way I can hope to pull this back by Tuesday! :flamingmade: I'm just gonna have to face the gain and get back into it asap. Was trying to today but then there was leftover cake so I ate that! I'm already over my syns for the day but everything else I have planned is syn-free today so just need to stick with it and stay focussed from now on. Luckily I'm not doing anything for new year and there are no more family / friends visits planned so I should be able to stay on track.

Honestly, I didn't even want to come on this site...this is the first time I've been on since Christmas as I just didn't want to show my virtual face! Just need to convince myself not to give up and that I can undo the damage I've done. :oops:

Christmas is hard as for some reason food seems to be more exciting to have. Even thou it is available the rest of the year.o_O

Don't give up now as it's not really worth it.Stay strong and on plan over the next few days before weigh in and if you do have a gain next weigh in it will be less than if you throw in the towel now.:)

Thanks for the encouragement craftermary! I find Christmas quite difficult as I tend to drink more than I usually would, which makes me want to snack more. Also, because I'm off work from Christmas Eve right through to the 3rd January I'm just at home with all the temptations in the cupboards. At work I just take healthy food and if I want something else it's tough as I haven't got anything. Not the case in the house though :)

Anyway, I decided that now is as good a time as any to take some action so I downloaded the C25K app on my phone and just did week 1 day 1 on my treadmill. I'm not a runner at all and I'm covered in sweat right now (nice) but I do feel better that I've actually got off my backside and done something healthy. I also ordered a new exercise DVD that has a load of 10 minute fat-burning workouts on it (plus time for warmups and cooldowns) so I figure that if I alternate those with C25K, along with some strength exercises with my hand weights, I should be able to get some of this pesky fat off. I also find that doing exercise makes me not want to snack or eat an unhealthy dinner as it feels like it would undo all the hard work I just put in. So, let's see how long I can keep this up for! :D

Thanks jules1981 and happy new year to you too (and anyone else reading this)! :)

Well, haven't had the best couple of days with food (new years drinks and all) but I just did week 1 day 2 of C25K and it was good. My exercise DVD arrived too so I'll be doing that tomorrow morning. It comes with a 5 week exercise plan so I'm going to try to stick to it. It has rest days built in so I can do C25K on those days. It might not work out exactly as I'm thinking it will as I get lazy but hey, something's better than nothing, right? :rolleyes:

I'm going to prepare tomorrow's breakfast now too so that I have fruit since I tend to reach for bread when I'm at home and I've had 6 slices today already! :(

Well, I just attempted the DVD and I'm pooped! Yeah, I'm not going to follow the whole 5 week exercise plan, it's too much for my current level of fitness and I know I won't be able to stick with it. Instead, on the DVD days I'm going to do the warm-up, one of the 10 minute routines and the cool-down. That's still 30 minutes of exercise (the warm-up was surprisingly energetic!) so I'll stick with that for now, at least until I've increased my fitness level enough to take on more. The exercise plan that came with the DVD sometimes calls for all 6 ten minute routines to be done on one day! No! :confused:

3.5lbs on! Dagnabbit! Well, I expected it and I'm surprised it's not higher. Anyway, time to move on. I'm not changing my signature or stats because I'm determined to lose it again and quickly! Made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, all syn free, as was today's and tomorrow's dinner will be about 3 syns so I'm all set to get this stupid weight off again.

Onwards! :whacky068:

I had a merry xmas too, gained 7lb in
2 weeks Back on it as of yesterday though and I will get it off

Hope to be 10 stone by June 12th

oh no! But i guess at least the gain didn't come as a shock if you expected it. I know you can do it! That 3.5lbs will come flying off next week. :)

Honestly, I didn't even want to come on this site...this is the first time I've been on since Christmas as I just didn't want to show my virtual face! Just need to convince myself not to give up and that I can undo the damage I've done. :oops:
Christmas time is a minefield! But we've made it through so it can only get better now. :D

Thanks for your replied xEmmax@, Pinkemi and Wolf :) Wolf's right, it can only get better now, we can do this!

I just went to M&S and bought a pack of Mexican style chicken with a soured cream, lime and coriander dip. I used to love these but have been avoiding them for ages because of the dip. I put it into the syns calculator (as it's not on syns online) and it's only 4.5 syns for the whole pack! I'm super happy about that because I looooove it! Considering my dinner tonight will only be about 3 syns, I can stay well within them if I have the chicken too :) Just need to remember not to snack after dinner!!!

I'm just gonna get back to the food I love. Made this last night. Only syns are in the Lamb shank which was 2.5 syns. Made the chips myself and bit of lean sirloin
8BA5BDC0-4A0E-4140-B909-F7AC09FDE156.jpg

Mmm that looks amazing! I don't like lamb but that steak...yum!! Here's my 2.5 syn dinner, only syns were 2 for the fajita spice mix and 0.5 for the salsa. Cheese was HEXA and that's fat free natural Greek yogurt instead of soured cream :)

View media item 4770

Looks lovely

Well, I'm managing to stay on plan during the day, which is great. Evenings are still a little challenging as there are loads of Christmas snacks leftover but I think we're about at the end of them now. Last night wasn't too bad, I think I may have gone over my syns ever so slightly (maybe 2 or 3) but I hopped on the scales this morning for a sneaky peek and I seem to be down a pound, so that's great.

For dessert last night I tried one of the Apple Crumble Muller Lights for the first time (free - I checked before I bought it :D ) and it was amazing! Will definitely be stocking up on those!

Just had fruit and a Muller Light for breakfast and have leftover burger in a bowl for lunch. Comes in at about 3 syns because of the sauce but that's fine. I think we're having sausages (1 syn each) and something for dinner tonight but I'm going to be making a slow cooker butternut squash curry for tomorrow so that should be nice. Think that'll come in at about 0.5 syns per serving, if that, since I'm going to use low fat coconut yogurt instead of creamed coconut. Never tried that before though so will have to see how it goes.

Evenings are still a little challenging as there are loads of Christmas snacks leftover but I think we're about at the end of them now.
I think I actually let out a sigh of relief when all the Christmas snacks were finally gone in our house! :D It's so much easier to keep on track when the cupboards aren't full of temptation. :rolleyes:

My in laws bought me 5 boxes of chocolate 5!!!! But I gave 2 of them to the kids and told them to hide them from me lol and I wrapped up another and gave it to a friend as a Xmas present.... Naughty lol. Sadly I did eat two :-(

I'm well and Truly back on the SW waggon, my bloody aria scales broke 2 weeks ago when I changed my internet settings on them so I'm waiting to send them back, I replaced them on Monday with the salter digital doctors scales and I have to say I love them
More than my aria, so bloody accurate, the only thing I miss is having my weight logged online with the aria app. Got my weigh in on Monday anyway and I'm definitely heading for a loss

My in laws bought me 5 boxes of chocolate 5

Haha you should see what my inlaws bought me and my husband! It was a massive box filled with various sweets. There was a box of chocolates (I had a few but they weren't great so I'm able to resist those), a HUGE box of jelly beans (still unopened), Haribo, chocolate wafer things, peanut bars, Lion bars, Turkish Delight, Reeces things, Drumsticks...the list goes on. I had to take the box and put it in my husband's office so I couldn't see it.

I'm well and Truly back on the SW waggon, my bloody aria scales broke 2 weeks ago when I changed my internet settings on them so I'm waiting to send them back, I replaced them on Monday with the salter digital doctors scales and I have to say I love them
More than my aria, so bloody accurate, the only thing I miss is having my weight logged online with the aria app. Got my weigh in on Monday anyway and I'm definitely heading for a loss

Well done for getting back on the wagon, I think I'm just about on it now. It's a shame about your scales, it is a pain when the ones you like break. I have some Salter ones and I really love them, they've always been pretty accurate. However, the battery is starting to go now and they're not as accurate as they once were (I've had them many years) so I think I might just get some replacement ones. I don't want to replace the battery only to find they're inaccurate anyway. Good luck with your weigh in! I'm going to be soooo good over the next few days that I must see a loss at the end of it :)

Back