My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Haha that's a really good quote, I'll try to remember that. My favourite is 'the imagination is always more powerful than the will'. That one makes me stop and think so that when I'm standing there with a grab bag of cheese Doritos in one hand and a jar of nacho cheese dip in the other and I feel my willpower fading, I imagine myself being the size I want to be in the dress I want to be wearing and usually that helps me to put the items back on the shelf and pick up that 3.5syn bag of popcorn instead. Not always...but usually ;)

Your goal sounds totally doable, best of luck with it! I haven't set a goal date for hitting target, I'm thinking that I'll just get there when I get there. All the big events in my life are done now so there's nothing much left to aim for. I've done the wedding, I've done the beach holiday, I've hit 30 and left that behind me (40 is the next big one but I'm way off that!) so this time I'm just doing it because I want to, rather than setting a date. I feel that it's taken the pressure off somewhat and I'm feeling more confident about actually reaching my target this time :) I do have some mini goals though...the work staff party in February is one...I know I won't be anywhere near target by then but I should be the smallest I've been since I joined so I'd like to look nice for that. My anniversary is in June...no plans yet but hopefully I'll be closer to target than not to target by then. When I hit target I will be hitting the tattoo parlour though! That's something that's really spurring me on :)

I've had a feeling all week that I'd struggle to stay on plan today. Not sure why. I've been ok so far, had overnight oats for breakfast with fruit so no syns and HEB and for lunch I've had a 1 syn noodle pot, a load of radishes that I found in the fridge and I've got a satsuma and a banana for an afternoon snack.

Unfortunately, the place I work at decided to buy the entire company Domino's Pizza for lunch! There's everything...pizza, chicken, potato wedges...the smell is killing me! I managed to resist the whole thing though so I'm pretty pleased with that, just need to get through this evening though. Nothing planned but I usually have my HEBs in the evening so will need to resist doubling up on them!

Yeah I didn't stay on plan Friday. Can't remember what I ate but it wasn't great. Similar for Saturday...and Sunday! I was fine all day, managed to make it to dinner time with zero syns and even had dinners that were on plan. Then the snacks happened. I'm going to have to find a way to stop snacking in the evenings. This is what's holding me back.

Today is going well so far, all free foods so far and last night's leftovers with salad for dinner. Will be about 6 syns. Must try to STOP after that! Going to bed doesn't work...I watch TV and then go back down for snacks.

That reminds me. I left 4 blocks of my cats food out to defrost last night. When I got downstairs in the morning, he'd eaten 3 of them! Think he might get that from me! :roofles:

Evening snacking and weekends was two of my constant downfalls...I have evenings under control and I achieved this by not buying in any temptations ...I have one or two pieces of fruit and every other evening a small handful of mixed nuts and if I am still hungry I will have home made vegetable soup or a chocolate Options or both...seven weeks now...I just hope I can continue with this over Christmas as I am a chocoholic:(

Was your cat alright after eating all the ffood?:eek:

I've tried having fruit in the evenings but it just doesn't cut it for me. The other night I had 6 marshmallows with Nutella on them...just because! I've never eaten that before, I just had it because it was all that was in the cupboard. All the marshmallows are gone now though, phew! Also scoffed down 4 Babybel and an entire packet of salted microwave popcorn :oops: Hot chocolate is a good go-to thing but I usually end up tipping some Baileys into it, which doesn't help :rolleyes:

Kitty was fine, some of it had dried up a bit so it seems that he just grazed on it all night, rather than eating it all in one go. Even so though, 3 packs is a new record for him!

Well, I snacked again last night but was within my syns! After dinner I told my husband 'don't let me eat anything else tonight!'. He said OK and then proceeded to give me 2 smarties and 2 Hula Hoops. Great. They were nice though :) I also scoffed a Graze box but it was only 4 syns so my total syns yesterday were about 10 (including dinner), which was ok.

Weigh-in tonight though so zero syns until after group! Weighed at home this morning just to check and I should have a loss this evening, though my scales at home usually show me as being 1lb lighter than the ones at group so I'll just have to wait and see. Ho hum! :rolleyes:

OH can either be your saviour when it comes to weight loss.. or your biggest downfall! My OH is exactly the same! :D

Good luck again on your weigh in later! :)

Woohoo!!! I lost 2lbs this week, which got me to my 2 stone award and beyond! :woohoo: So pleased with this!

I'm quite shocked that I had such a good loss so I think I'm going to have to be careful this week so that all the snacking I did doesn't catch up with me! So... (splitting this into 5 week intervals now as it's getting too long!)

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Weeks 2 - 5 - 13.5lb loss - 15 stone, 11.5 lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Weeks 6 - 10 - 8lb loss - 15 stone, 3.5lbs - One Stone Award, One and a Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Weeks 11 - 15 - 6lb loss - 14 stone, 11.5lbs - Club 10
Week 16 - 2lb loss - 14 stone, 9.5lbs - Two Stone Award

Target for week 17 - 2.5lb loss to get to 14 and a half stone!

Woohoo!!! I lost 2lbs this week, which got me to my 2 stone award and beyond! :woohoo: So pleased with this!

I'm quite shocked that I had such a good loss so I think I'm going to have to be careful this week so that all the snacking I did doesn't catch up with me! So... (splitting this into 5 week intervals now as it's getting too long!)

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Weeks 2 - 5 - 13.5lb loss - 15 stone, 11.5 lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Weeks 6 - 10 - 8lb loss - 15 stone, 3.5lbs - One Stone Award, One and a Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week

Target for week 17 - 2.5lb loss to get to 14 and a half stone!

Congrats on your two stone award!:winner::wee::bunnydance:

Well done!:0clapper:

Thanks Jean88 and Mini! Just another 5.5lbs and I'll be back to the weight I was the first time I joined SW 11 years ago! :eek:

It's a little sad thinking in those terms. Still, only another 1 stone and 10.5lbs until I'm back at the weight I was the last time I quit SW! o_O I'd better stick with it this time! When I did get to that weight all those years ago I went shopping bought a pair of trousers. They were slightly too small for me but I thought I'd get into them in a couple of weeks as I only needed to lose a few more pounds. That never happened though and those trousers never fit. Shockingly, I've still got them bagged up in the loft somewhere so maybe this time I'll actually be able to get into them! Will have to dig them out...once I'm back to that weight again :)

Omg I just bought a photo op ticket to have my photo taken with Stephen Amell at a convention in May! I NEED TO BE SLIM AND GORGOEUS FOR THIS PHOTO!!! :wee:

Congrats on your loss so far . . . Stephen Amell is very pretty and one of my future husbands. You can have him first, as long as I get him at some point

Well, this week has been a total write-off. I drank so much wine at the weekend and ended up eating EVERYTHING! I'm not even joking. I have an intolerance to wheat but that didn't stop me eating a smoky bacon crisp sandwich on the most amazingly soft white bread...or Kit Kats...or Ferrero Rocher...yeah, you see where I'm going with this. Eating the wheat made me crave wheat though so this went on all Saturday night and all Sunday night. Not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow but I'm just going to have to face it and move on.

I know I haven't lost anything this week and I don't think I've maintained either. I just feel heavier than I did last week, it's not a nice feeling. Still, back on plan today and only had about 9 syns so I think I'll leave it there and go to bed!

Hope your weigh in goes okay today! I am dreading mine too.. Weekend away was great but not so great for the eating. :confused: If I manage to maintain over christmas I will be happy! haha

I guess you just have to look at how far you have come.. and how proud you should be! 2 stone lost is an awesome amount!!

Eugh, well, I was right...I did have gain this week :( However, it was only half a pound so I'm counting myself lucky for that, it could have been a lot worse!

Not sure how this week's going to go with Christmas, I'm not home for Christmas this year so I'll be at the mercy of whoever's doing the cooking. Still, once it's all over I can get back on track properly. So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 17 - 0.5lb gain - 14 stone, 10lbs

Target for week 18 - Maintain and make it through Christmas! :eatdrink023:

0.5lb is okay, you can lose that in a week (though I know it's disheartening to get a gain even if it's small.) I'm in the same predicament over Christmas, I'm going to my mums who is a feeder so this is going to be a hard week for me too!

ha! No way! I ALSO gained 0.5lbs this week. You and I are too much in sync. :p Although.. you weigh less then me now so.. I'll shut up. haha

My goal is also to maintain over Christmas.. I highly doubt I will be able to lose!

Back