My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Keeping it quick and simple tonight. 2.5 syns for the shank and I'm going to count the potatoes as 2 syns because I can't find them on the SW app. Might have some baked beans too
IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0920.JPG

Looks good! I'm not sure how I'm going to get my speed food in tonight. I know we're having sausages but that means we'll have them either with mash (in which case I can have some mixed veg or salad) or as part of a cooked 'breakfast', so with bacon, beans etc. If we have that I might have to improvise a little or maybe just have some melon before dinner and a smaller portion of everything else. I doubt I'll do that though. I'm too lazy :D

If you're having sausage and mash then your speed should be fried onions and lots of em

Weigh-in tonight. Not looking forward to it since I've not really been on plan most days. However, I'm staying for group this week because I feel like I need a little motivation. I seem to have lost some since Christmas and the people at group are always so nice so I think I need to start staying again.

Really don't want to fall off the wagon any more, this weight needs to go!!!

Well, I'm happily down 1.5lbs this week, yippee! I stayed for group too and I'm feeling a lot more motivated and made the commitment in group to stick to plan 100% for the whole week, plus do week 2 of the bronze body magic. So here goes nothing!

It was quite funny in group last night. The lady who should have won slimmer of the week didn't stay to group so couldn't win it. The only other person who was eligible for it was my Mum, who lost half a pound and is a target member! Everyone else in group (there were about 25 of us) had a gain last week due to Christmas and were ineligible! Made me feel slightly better about gaining over Christmas as I realised I definitely wasn't alone :D

Hey grunka.....it's been a while!!

I've been a little awol for a while and basically took the whole of December off plan!

Back on it now for January, and just getting round to catching up with everyone.

Sounds like you enjoyed your Christmas and now your back with it. Sometimes you have to be a little easy on yourself, this is a long haul game, and sometimes you need a break (as long as you jump straight back on the wagon).

Good luck and keep going.xxx :)

Hi Lotte! Thanks for the message, I think I did the same as you for most of December and part of January unfortunately.

I have been struggling a bit lately with the weight loss and last week I managed to gain half a pound. I hopped on the scales this morning and it looks like I'm still the same too.

I manage to stay on plan during the week but it's the weekends that get me. I ended up drinking a stupid amount of wine the other night with my Mum, we were just having fun and before we knew it the box was empty! Therefore that's at least 45 syns of wine, not to mention the snacks that tend to follow. I've had snacks in the evenings again too over the weekend so it's all my own fault. This week I'm not going to drink anything. It should be easy as my husband's friend is coming to visit over the weekend and he's bringing his 5yo daughter with him and I won't drink around children. They have said they're getting Domino's pizza on Sunday but I'll just have to resist that and maybe make my own SW version.

It's a bit of a drag hovering around the same weight week on week but I'm hoping to kick these stupid snacking and drinking habits to get back into it. Thanks for the encouragement Lotte :)

How are you getting on? Have you managed to get back into it after December? Hope all's going well!

Tell me about it!!... wine can be my down full asweel. I love a glass red wine but it's so blooming high in syns!..... i agree with you about the children, its very sensible. I always wait untill my little girl has gone to bed in the evening before having a glass (plus I never get drunk drunk anyway).

Good luck avoiding a dominos..... if you manage it, your better than I am!!!!!! :p

I was doing really well untill this morning. Had to pop into corner shop on the way home from a baby group to pick up some bacon, went to get her some chocolate buttons, ended up getting myself a yorkie.... are them all on the way home (Inc. The babies buttons... she had about 3!!) Ive then just eaten 2 ham, cheese and mayo rolls :(... and ive still got the munchies!!!

Oh gosh, I know exactly how you feel! It's terrible (though I did chuckle a little bit that you ate the buttons too :p )

The other day my hubby bought a pack of digestive biscuits - so dangerous for me to be around them! I ended up having 2 with margarine and a slice of cheese on each. Then I went back for 2 more with the same topping. Then I had 2 more plain ones. Then I had toast. I had to go to bed to stop myself from eating, otherwise I'd have gone on all night!

I had a 1 syn noodle pot and some chopped salad veg for lunch and deliberately didn't go into town today as I knew I'd just buy rubbish and stuff my face with it. Need to find my motivation again!

Well, I lost half a pound this week. Not great but better than a gain. At least this week I can't drink so I *should* be able to stay on plan. Made myself a slightly different breakfast this morning of strawberries (they were given to me by a colleague, I don't usually buy them at this time of year since they're a bit bland), blueberries (they'd been sitting in the fridge for about 3 weeks and were going a bit wrinkly) and melon (freshly bought yesterday haha!). Had it all with a Muller Light and it was a nice change from my usual apple and satsuma. Got home made vegetable soup with rice for lunch and a banana for a snack. Should keep me going until I get home.

It's so cold today! My hands are freezing at work and it's hard to type. Eugh.

Going for a 3lb loss next week! If I manage that, it'll take me to my lowest weight yet (this time around). Might motivate me to try harder too!

Well done on the loss! I put on 0.5lb. :( But to be fair I didn't follow the plan at all over the weekend so it is to be expected.

I am VERY low on SW friendly food round the house at the moment. Need to get prepared. Your breakfast sounds nice. :)

Hope you get your 3lbs!

Thanks Pinkemi. I hope this week goes better for you, I had a very off-plan weekend too. I really wish my hubby wouldn't buy the biscuits I like haha! I tried using that as an excuse in group last night. My consultant agreed that it is unfortunate when your other half buys the food you love but can't have but she said it's NO EXCUSE for me (she actually shouted!). It was hilarious and she was spot on! (She didn't shout in front of the group, I weighed and left yesterday as my Mum was with me and she wasn't feeling well but my consultant grabbed us just before we left). I do need to do better to resist the food he buys. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it but it's ALWAYS in the house! I ate one of his sodding Kit Kats last night too :mad:

Today is a new day though. Feeling positive. I just looked on the SW website and found ideas for low syn crumbles. I'm going to have to try one. Need to check my book to see which fruit can be a HEB when it's cooked (I'm hoping apples and/or some kind of berries) and I'm going to cover it in a warmed up banana and custard Muller Light (they suggested heating it in the microwave for 10 seconds, can't believe I never thought of that before!) and a crushed malted milk biscuit for 2 syns. Yum! :p

Feels like ages since I've posted here so thought I'd pop in for an update. This week's gone well, though I've had a horrible cold that's made me lose my appetite a bit so I've been able to stop snacking in the evenings, which has been great! I did have a couple of nibbles last night but I'd saved my healthy extras for that. I also spotted boxes of fresh edamame beans in Tesco the other day and they were 3 for 2 so I've got 3 boxes of those to snack through! I love them with a little salt and they're great to nibble on in front of the TV without using any syns so I'm on a bit of an edamame binge at the moment! :D Got a few for lunch too, yum!

Weigh-in later and I'm actually feeling confident about a loss this week! Fingers crossed! :)

Back