My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Massively messed up this week! Was out all day Saturday with my hubbie and only had an apple and a Satsuma (the place we were at didn't have any food I could eat) so we went and binged on McDonalds that night. I'm not even kidding, it was ridiculous. I had a large fries, 6 chicken nuggets, a double cheeseburger, a garlic mayo wrap AND a pot of soured cream dip! Not to mention the gallon of ketchup that went with it. Yeah, it was stupid...but my goodness was it good!!!

Yesterday was almost as bad, I was in one of those moods where I just wanted to eat EVERYTHING so I pretty much did. Only myself to blame there, no excuses, I just shouldn't have done it. But there it is, it's done. Time to move on now though. I'm totally prepared for a gain this week and I'm hoping that being on plan today and tomorrow will provide a little damage control but I know it's coming. No reason not to be on plan all week this week though, so here's to that! Sigh.

Right!!! I'm setting myself a challenge now. It may not seem like much but I have a feeling that if I can pull it off, I'll see a decent loss next week. What I'm going to try to do is to NOT snack on ANYTHING after I've finished dinner. Snacking after dinner is always my biggest downfall - I'm always on-plan during the day and then totally mess it up in the evenings so for the next week - from today until next Tuesday - I'm not going to snack on anything after dinner! That includes healthy extras, free foods, super free etc. Nothing!

I'm going to have to get in the habit of eating my healthy extras during the day as I usually go to bed with a couple of Babybel and a handful of almonds or a Hifi bar or something to eat while watching TV. No more! That just leads to more snacking, which is BAD! This means no wine after dinner too! I need to break this bad habit and replace it with a good habit of no snacking!

So, here goes!

What about having a herbal / fruit tea instead? I try and have a sweet tasting tea to try and get rid of the sweet urge.. and to stop me from snacking. haha

What about having a herbal / fruit tea instead? I try and have a sweet tasting tea to try and get rid of the sweet urge.. and to stop me from snacking. haha
Actually, this really does work! I have a herbal tea with honey pretty much every night. It's something nice to sip while watching TV and it helps me sleep lol. :)

Thanks both for the idea, it's a good one! I have this thing where I don't like drinking before I go to sleep as I usually end up having to get up in the night to use the bathroom (sorry, TMI) but maybe a small cup could work. I get a bit paranoid about it haha! I do love camomile tea with a spoonful of sweetener in it though (I know honey is probably better for you but I don't really like the taste) so that could be an option. I'll give it a try if I feel the urge to snack :)

Haha it's the smell that gets me! I can have all the will in the world but as soon as I get into McDonalds and smell the food I just want to put my face in all of it!

Off to a good start today though, had my HEA and HEB for lunch so no need to snack on them later :)

Wooo! Day 1 of no evening snacking complete! I did realise that after dinner I had this urge to go and get something from the cupboard, even though I was full. It's definitely just a bad habit so hopefully with a little willpower I can break it. Yesterday was a success and today should be easy too since I've got a late meeting so won't be home until at least 9pm so will just have a light dinner and go to bed.

Lost a pound last week, which I was pretty disappointed with considering I'd been on plan all week and hadn't snacked at all in the evenings. Also, my home scales said I'd lost 3.5lbs when I weighed in the morning so not too impressed (they're usually within half a pound of accuracy with the SW scales so I thought I'd done better than I did). Still, at least it's a pound in the right direction. Had a few bad days food-wise and kind of pigged out this weekend. I've got a days holiday from group tomorrow as I've got a late meeting and can't make it so I've got just over a week to get back on track. Think I'm in the right mindset again today though, keeping it healthy and on-plan to hopefully see a loss next week. Since I lost more weight by not cutting out evening snacks, I'm not going to continue trying to stop.

Well, last night I weighed in for the first time in 2 weeks (the first week I had to miss weigh-in as I had a late meeting and last week I had the cold from hell so didn't go to group). Shockingly I lost one pound! Sounds a bit rubbish since it's one pound in about 3 weeks but I'm super pleased with it! I really fell off the wagon hard over the past couple of weeks, it was terrible! :eek:

I've eaten McDonalds, KFC, Five Guys, a 3 course Italian meal, had our work staff party (3 course meal and free bar that I made the most of!) and I've eaten all kinds of junk at home (I'm talking Yorkies, Twirls, crisps, bags of jelly sweets, a whole bar of Dairy Milk and then some!). I don't know how I got away with losing a pound but knowing that I haven't undone all the hard work I've put in so far has somehow spurred me on.

My OH joined SW last night and it was his first class. He's feeling pretty motivated at the moment and I think that's really helping me too as I really want him to succeed and I want to help him do that, which means I'll need to be totally on-plan too. I'm feeling much more into it now and I think next week I should see a decent loss. I'm back in the habit of having fruit for breakfast and having healthy snacks, such as edamame beans and snack-a-jacks, rather than chocolate and crisps. Got a few events coming up too that I want to be thinner for so right now I'm feeling good! It also helps that I'm now at my lowest weight since re-starting SW and I'm fed up of going up and down in the same few pounds so now I'm at my lowest weight, I feel the only way to go is down!

Time to do this!

Congratulations being at your lowest weight since starting. :) That's great you're husband has also joined SW, it'll really help keep you on plan. I have a husband who ate 4 donuts for lunch yesterday! Lol.

That's great you're husband has also joined SW, it'll really help keep you on plan

I'm hoping so, he's been texting me today about what he's been eating, bless him. Makes me laugh, for a snack he had 5 grapes, a mini pepperami and a boiled egg, then a Hifi bar that he wasn't sure whether it was a healthy A or B. I feel like the font of all SW knowledge haha! He'd know all this if he read the book but apparently he's not doing that until tonight :rolleyes:

5 grapes though, I just wanted to hug him when he said that and give him more grapes!

Lol at 5 grapes. Once he realises all he can eat he'll be in shock. I tracked all the food is ate today and it came to 1600 calories and I am absolutely stuffed!

I don't use calorie counters any more but out of curiosity I just worked out what I ate yesterday and it was around 1400! :eek:

I can't believe it, I was so full after dinner last night that I was sure I'd blown it, I guess having healthy lunches helps to make up for bigger dinners (though most of dinner was free anyway). Nice!

Ho hum, not expecting a big loss this week. Had waaaaay too much wine this weekend so I'll be lucky if I maintain! Weighed myself at home yesterday morning and weighed the same as I did at my last weigh-in so I expect I'll be looking at a slight gain this week. I think all the junk I ate last week will probably catch up with me too. Eugh. Really need to get back on track!

I lost half a pound this week, which is fine with me considering the last couple of weeks! I'm going to try really hard this week to see a better loss. I've got a day/night out on Saturday but I'm going to try to keep by syns super low every other day as a little damage limitation. I'm feeling pretty motivated now.

In great news, my hubby lost 7lbs at his first weigh-in yesterday and I'm so proud of him! :bunnydance:

Found you! you are doing brilliantly - I'm following in the hope that some of your motivation rubs off on me :D

Well done to you both! :-D

Thanks Jean88! He was so pleased with himself and rightly so, I think it's motivating him to keep going :)

Found you! you are doing brilliantly - I'm following in the hope that some of your motivation rubs off on me :D

Ahh thanks mdymond1982 and welcome to my diary :) Best of luck with your journey and don't hesitate to post here, it's nice to know people are reading :D

Back