My SW food diary - Mostly Green and some EE

Day 4 (Green)

Breakfast:
Frozen blueberries (defrosted night before)
Shape 0% strawberry yoghurt

Snack:
Apple
3 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk (HEA 1)
1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)

Dinner:
Sweet potato, pea and green bean risotto made in oven (yum!)
1tbls red pesto (between 4) - 1 syn max
30g grated Parmesan cheese (HEA 2)
1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)
1 Danio 0% strawberry (1 syn)

Total syns = 2

Plus a walk of 4.6 miles around a reservoir into horizontal freezing rain!
Cooked in prep of back to work tomorrow - huge pot soup, potato frittata and there is risotto left over too
Hope this enthusiasm lasts!

Not sure how I have managed to start two different good diaries!! But now posting same thing into both which is daft but don't know which one to stop!

Day 5 (Green)

Breakfast:
Slice of potato frittata
1 Danio 0% strawberry (1 syn)

Lunch:
Homemade sweet potato, parsnip & cannellini bean soup
1 slice wholemeal toast from 800g loaf (HEB 1)
30g cheddar (HEA 1)

Snack:
1 apple
Black coffee

Dinner:
Left over over baked veg risotto
30g grated Parmesan (HEA 2)

Snack:
2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g loaf (HEB 2)
Topped with Tesco lighter choices cottage cheese
3 cups of tea with skimmed milk (4 syns)

Total syns = 5

Really desperate to weigh myself but holding off till Thursday!

I know I weigh myself all the time and then beat myself up over it! Scales today suggested 3lb off but I know too well that can change! Saturday weigh in so sometime still to go!
Sounds like your on track well done

Feeling motivated this time. This forum is great - it's like having your own coaches all round you. That's great your sneaky peek on the scales is looking so positive. I weigh in on Thurs - really need a change to motivate me!

Day 6

Breakfast:
Slice of potato frittata
Shape 0% strawberry yoghurt
(This frittata is a great idea - made it on Sunday and then take slice out and micro for 1.5 mins. Really tasty and filling and doesn't use any HEB for breakfast)

Lunch:
Two slices WM toast from 400g loaf (HEB 1)
Topped with light choices cottage cheese
Salad made with peppers, cucumber and cherry tomatoes
1 tbls light choices balsamic vinegar dressing (0.5 syn) and 1 tbls lighter than light mayo (0.5 syn)

Dinner:
SW chips, mushrooms and an egg cooked in fry light, cherry toms roasted in oven and 1/4 tin beans
This was tons of food - felt stuffed and kids loved it too

Supper:
Two slices WM toast from 400g loaf (HEB 2)
60g cheddar (HEA 1 & 2)
Shape 0% rhubarb crumble yoghurt (0.5 syn)

I actually wasn't that hungry for this supper but ate it as had had no HEA today and only on HEB. I seem to be having tons of food on this plan - hope it works! I am also not having all my syns - should I? Does it make a difference?

Total syns = 1.5

Feeling motivated this time. This forum is great - it's like having your own coaches all round you. That's great your sneaky peek on the scales is looking so positive. I weigh in on Thurs - really need a change to motivate me!

It is yeah, I'm at work all day but keeps me focused when I get home not to pig out

Day 6 Breakfast: Slice of potato frittata Shape 0% strawberry yoghurt (This frittata is a great idea - made it on Sunday and then take slice out and micro for 1.5 mins. Really tasty and filling and doesn't use any HEB for breakfast) Lunch: Two slices WM toast from 400g loaf (HEB 1) Topped with light choices cottage cheese Salad made with peppers, cucumber and cherry tomatoes 1 tbls light choices balsamic vinegar dressing (0.5 syn) and 1 tbls lighter than light mayo (0.5 syn) Dinner: SW chips, mushrooms and an egg cooked in fry light, cherry toms roasted in oven and 1/4 tin beans This was tons of food - felt stuffed and kids loved it too Supper: Two slices WM toast from 400g loaf (HEB 2) 60g cheddar (HEA 1 & 2) Shape 0% rhubarb crumble yoghurt (0.5 syn) I actually wasn't that hungry for this supper but ate it as had had no HEA today and only on HEB. I seem to be having tons of food on this plan - hope it works! I am also not having all my syns - should I? Does it make a difference? Total syns = 1.5

You might find not eating the syns doesn't help, but there I you need them aren't they

I suppose I will see the results tomorrow! Be interesting to see if eating more syns is a better thing to do!

Day 7

Weigh in tomorrow - hope this has worked, I have tried really hard.

Breakfast:
Shape 0% apple crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns)
Slice potato frittata

Lunch:
Topped with extra light philly (HEA 1)
1 apple

Snack:
Two Alpen light bars (HEB 2)
Several cups of tea with skimmed milk (HEA 2)

Dinner:
Homemade veg curry with green beans, potato and broccoli
Cous cous
0% shape rhubarb crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Total syns = 1

4lb off - extremely happy!

4lb off - extremely happy!
Wow well done you!! And that's without syns too, but use them if you feel your going without or you may well binge! Xx

Day 8

Breakfast:
Topped with extra light philly (Not much so part of a HEA 1)

Lunch:
Bowl of homemade lentil and garam masala soup
Two Cornish wafers (5 syns)
30g mature cheddar (HEA 2)
1 apple

(And I stopped at two Cornish wafers despite them being ridiculously moreish)

Snacks:
Many, many cups of tea with skimmed milk (rest of HEA 1)
Two Alpen light bars (HEB 2)

Dinner:
Left over homemade veg curry with green beans, potato and broccoli
Cous cous
0% Greek yoghurt

Snack:
Fox's chocolate biscuit from Wonder biscuit selection (guessing 5.5 syns based on a Fox's Rocky)

Total syns = 10.5

Hi, just popping in to say hi and be nosey ;) Re - syns, I feel as though I should use them now while I am still heavy and can cut them down later rather than having to cut down on "actual food" Have pretty much always used my syns and lose 'most' of the time! :)

That makes sense. Better start eating a bit more then!

I can't never stop them Danish wafers! I'm weighed tomorrow am, fingers x

Day 9

Breakfast:
Raspberries
Natural yoghurt
35g Jordan's muesli (HEB 1)

Snacks
Numerous cups of tea with skimmed milk (HEA 1)

Lunch:
Homemade sweet potato, parsnip and cannellini bean soup
Raspberries with natural yoghurt

Snack:
Handful of cherry tomatoes

Dinner:
Spaghetti with sweet potato and bean chilli
30g grated Parmesan (HEA 2)
(I realise this sounds like the most bizarre combo! Thought I had defrosted quorn spag bol so my OH could get dinner ready. Came home to this - but it was oddly tasty!)

Snack:
Two slices WM toast from 400g loaf (HEB 2)
2 tsp lurpak (4 syns)
Fox's chocolate biscuit from Wonder biscuit selection (guessing 5.5 syns based on a Fox's Rocky)

Total syns = 9.5

Did massive fruit & veg shop at Lidl tonight

1.5 off disappointed I've done really well, what's annoying is my scales from last week to this week said 5lb off!! SW scales said 1.5lb :((

Perhaps the SW scales will show a good loss next week, Claire? It's so annoying when that happens, but at least you are going in the right direction!

Back