Extra Easy SP my sweetie binge

hey all,
I just wanted some support and advice really.
I've been doing slimming world for just over 2 weeks now and I've kept to it strictly... Until today!
My mum went away on holiday and when going to greet her she returned with more chocolate and sweets I've seen in months. Let's just say after a relatively 'high syn' day already (14 syns) I've now found myself feeling very sick after I've binged on countless sweets and chocolate treats- I feel so frustrated and ill. I've been doing so well upto this point. I have no idea how many extra syns I've pilled on today as all the sweets were in Spanish aswell as me not even knowing how many I ate.
Valentine's Day is less than a week away and I'm going out for a meal then also- can anyone tell me what I should do regarding my SW diet ? Should I stay completely syn free for a while? Many thanks in advance

Hiya, I'm at the end of my first week on sw and had a bit of a Chinese binge last night! I think as long as your still feeling motivated you can get straight back on it tomorrow! I personally wouldn't remove syns completely because it's easier to give into temptation that way but everyone is different! Xx

Hiya, I'm at the end of my first week on sw and had a bit of a Chinese binge last night! I think as long as your still feeling motivated you can get straight back on it tomorrow! I personally wouldn't remove syns completely because it's easier to give into temptation that way but everyone is different! Xx
Okay thank you! Your right, there is no point in me beating myself up about it. I think I will just say this was a bad day and put it behind me- many thanks

I'm completely the same when it comes to anything with sugar in it. I'm also on my 2nd week of SW and binged last night on easter eggs my friend gave me early (why?!) I'm not beating myself up over it though as I think this is a lifestyle changes and not a diet, and in my life I will end up binging on chocolate, I wish I didn't but I'm being realistic here and know I will. But that one binge doesn't have to turn into an endless binge and I'm back on it today. Like @Likklemonkeyy said I'm not restricting my syns after a binge as I think it'll make it harder to stick to plan and will seem more like a diet. I don't expect to lose any weight this week but that's okay because next week I will and 1 week in 52 isn't too bad overall.

As Jean said above, this is a lifestyle change NOT a diet. :) Even professional body builders have "cheat" days and that's even though they are restricted to some of the strictest eating plans going. I also have binge days. I have no will power at all and if food is put in front of me I WILL eat it. I've learnt that the occasional binge like this doesn't necessarily do any harm, as long as it IS occasional. I also agree that removing all syns for the coming week is probably a little too extreme and just more likely to make you lose control when you are faced with your meal out etc.

What I would do is this:

1. Ask your mum to remove/hide all remaining sweets and chocolates. Tell her that you really appreciate the gesture but are trying hard to lose weight and the sweets are making it difficult.
2. Lower your syns for the next week. Don't cut them out completely otherwise you will feel deprived. Even saving a few a day can make a difference.
3. Have some SP days or at least try and eat more speed foods and maybe a little less pasta/bread.
4. Drink lots of water spread out over each day.
5. Draw a line under it and carry on. You ate the sweets. It's done. It's over. Guilt won't help you. Start fresh tomorrow.
6. You got this! :D

Thank you everyone for your replies. After having seen all of your replies I couldn't agree more to what your all saying. This is a lifestyle change, not a retricted diet. I'm back on it today- yesterday I had another little slip up but not as bad as the day I posted this thread. But today I'm back to writing what I'm eating down (I find that really helps me put what I'm eating into perspective) - I think I'm getting a little care free due to converting from counting calories for half a year to SW.

Last edited:
hey, its valentines! discount that because you gotta treat yourself!

as for syns for the rest of the week, pace yourself a little, and just make sure you dont have a second binge! just think of that sore tummy! :(

Back