My trials and tribulations

Wow mussels in garlic butter and only 192 - let me at them! I guess it was low blood sugar you were feeling and yes it can make you feel awful and shaky and hot and can be dangerous when driving so take care and have something with you. I used to get a craving for milk and choccy biccys when I had low blood sugar - the body is amazing at telling us what it needs!

Have a great up day :)

UD today!:) Had toast and a sausage for sort of brunch as it was about 11am by the time I got it. Down to school at 1pm for the halloween parade for the children. Looking forward to that. Had been trying to persuade Emma to dress in a nice fance witches outfit, but no she had to be a skeleton! Ahh never mind. After that I need to get to the shops for things for my cookery class tonight. Am not going to count cals at all today. Need to eat enough so that I don't feel ill tomorrow again.

Ps Mussels in garlic butter from morrisons. Great for 192 cals. You don't feel any deprivation eating them, apart from some nice crusty bread to mop up all the sauce!!!

well done and yes make sure you eat enough today :)

so what are you cooking at classes tonight then

Had been trying to persuade Emma to dress in a nice fance witches outfit, but no she had to be a skeleton! Ahh never mind.
My little girl is just the same and had to be a spider last year.
What did you cook? I can cook ready meals lol

Oh, I love cooking! Keep thinking I was born into the wrong life. I should be in a farmhouse somewhere at the aga surrounded by children!!
On Thursday we made chicken cacciatore(sp?!!!!) It was delicious! Gave the rest to dad for his lunch on Friday.
Friday was a DD. Was busy for most of the day and had to go to tescos to get a pumpkin for Emma's halloween party at the brownies. Decided to pick up a salad thing for dinner. Had a look and saw a prawn layered salad 270 cals. Thought that was fine. Ate it last night. It was REALLY good, then had some crisps 200cals. Before I put the carton thing in bin was checking the cals on it and realised that .5 pack was 270cals!!! No wonder it tasted good! So my DD wasn't just as good as I thought!
UD today and stepped on the scales wondering how much I had lost this week - and absolutely nothing! STS. What a disappointment that was. However onwards and downwards(hopefully) My friend and I taking kids to a party at soft play place then on to pizza hut. Will not worry today about cals, but I may need to count next week as I didn't lose anything over the last 2.
Sunday is always a MD for me. The good food show in on in Glasgow at the mo and tomorrow is the last day. I think my brother and I are going along to it. There may be a lot of temptations there!
Haven't really been on much the last couple of days, so away to catch up with everyone. Hope everyone has a great halloween! Lovely day here.

A sts is no bad - much better than a gain
I am sure you will do fine next week

I love cooking too - perhaps I should have the farmhouse next to yours :)
a friend of mine lives in a farmhouse and has an aga - makes the best jacket spuds ever :):)
I love going to hers to stay her kitchen is just made to have someone cook in it :)

Aww, yes nothing better than farmhouse kitchens!

I hate it when they put so many cals, and then you have to look really carefully to realise that amount is only for half the pack. Stupid, they really should label things A LOT clearer, as they seem to like to hide stuff from the consumer. Not good!

Hope you have a good week, just keep plodding on and you'll get there. I had a sts week in oct and only lost 1lb the week after, just made sure I cc on up days.

I think sts is good. For me when Im not on plan I only gain, so at least that hasnt happened. You might find next week you have a big loss. Hope you have a good day

hi everyone. Been hovering for a few days now. Got up on Monday morn DD and thought 'I just can't do this today':sigh:
Have not stuck to it at all this week,but also not gone over the top. Will be back soon.

Just wanted to say Hiya!

Thanks everyone. Still hovering. Was intending to get back on this week, but my friend got short notice of going in to hospital for an op on her shoulder and I now also have her wee boy (my emma's best friend since starting school) staying with us. Also got an interview next week in the IT department of Scottish Police, so am nervous and hopeful about that.
Still not going over the top eating. Will definately be back nect week after my interview next week.
Good luck everyone. Am still trying to keep up with everyone's diaries.

Good luck with your interview, yes just get back with it when you are able, we'll all still be here xx

Yes wishing you much luck with the interview and you won't want a rumbling tummy in the middle of it!

Back