my TS diary.. here goes!!

once upon a time said:
yuk, i have tonsillitis. still, at least the shakes are nice and soothing ;)
hey hey tracey, come on you have to believe it, otherwise why are you doing this diet?! ;) i know exactly what you mean though.. i keep dreaming of walking around in all these lovely outfits and thinking 'really?' but if we don't believe it, it will surely just make us think 'sod it' and accept that we will be this way forever, no?
do it - go buy something and hang it up in your bedroom. don't spend loads (i got mine in a charity shop lol) but the day you can slip into it will be a massive achievement.
we have roughly the same amount to lose.. do you have a goal date?

Hi ya hunni,
Oh no, ive always suffered with tonsillitis!
It's the pits! Hope you start feeling better soon, if you can get it there is a really good mouth wash called deflam sometimes you need a doctors prescription but it's fantastic.
I think if something catches my eye I might just do it! I've vowed not to buy any new clothes until I'm a few sizes down but buying smaller could work ;-)

I don't really have a specific goal date but I have two special occasions this year, my uncles 70th birthday to which my whole family whom I don't get to see for years at a time, will be attending. They haven't seen me thin since I was a teenager! That's in June

Then I also have my best friends wedding, she has asked me to be maid of honour! There is no way I'm having photos of me this size stuffed into a bridesmaid dress on Facebook! Lol that's in September x

How about you hun, any specific date in mind? X

Last edited:
once upon a time said:
woohoo! weighed this morning and on day 4 i have lost 7lb!!!!!! :D
i know i should only be weighing weekly but it's my first week so i'm all excited to see what's happening!
hoping mondays official weigh in will see another 7 on top of that, but any more will be amazing... sure makes it worth it when you see the scales going down!
hope everyone is doing well this morning xx

Your doing really well! How are you feeling now? Any better?

I'm just finishing day 10, still 100% TS. I find dinner time the hardest as my hubby really can not cook so I'm still catering for the whole family, all 6 of them! With all the aromas wafting through the house I am surprised at my will power. I'd have normally caved by now! But I want to be thin more than I want that food! :) x

eeek, maid of honour, how exciting! and yes, i would be exactly the same - in fact i was bridesmaid for my friend 2 years ago (only slightly smaller than i am now) and the photos make me cringe every time.. especially considering the other 2 maids are teeny size 8's :( and i actually look pregnant! dear, dear...
slowly getting better, thanks. not helped by my little one getting up at 4:15 this morning, i have to say.. managed to hold out til dropping him off at school to have my first pack, been starving!
that will be so fab for you to see all your family and have their jaw drop ;) and know that when they are talking about you (which families love to do) it will be all 'wow, she looks amazing' etc :)
my only real goal date is summer - i cannot bear the thought of spending another one covered in black, overheating and getting that super lovely sore where my thighs rub together (sorry, tmi!)
but my birthday is going to be my first mini goal, i just would like to be able to look back at any pictures and not want to cry, lol..
well done for 10 days TS! i'm about to face my first weekend, it's going to be tough, i just know it...
xx

hi, yes that would be great, i think it would help to have someone to keep up with! not in a competitive sense, but you know, when it gets tough, just kick each other up the bum.. lol
how much do you have to lose in total?

perfect pudding, well done for getting through the first week! is it getting a bit easier? xx

Sorry, haven't had much time to look at diaries so trying to catch up now. Its good to know someone will kick me up the bum (and it won't hurt). I started at 13st 2lbs on Monday and as of this morning am now 12st 11.5lbs. I have set my first target at 11st 7lbs but ideally want to get to 11st which was the how much I weighed when I got married, nearly 10 years ago.

How much do you want to lose? Hope it is going well, will catch up with the rest of your diary now and will try to be a better MimiMins buddy and check out your diary more often.....please feel free to post and kick on mine :)

Claire x :wavey:

Hi Once upon a Time and Perfect Pudding (are you sharing a diary?????)

You both seem to be doing great so well done :) It's good to have a goal date to aim for,I am aiming initially for 10 March when my dad is holding a black tie dinner dance. I have a beautiful new dress to wear however it doesn't fit a the moment so I HAVE to lose enough weight to get into it as I can't afford a new one. Then I'm going to be godmother to my best friends son on 8 April. I bought a gorgeous dress 2 years ago for my cousins wedding (again I couldn't quiet zip it up) and then the wedding was cancelled so it is still sitting unworn in my wardrobe. Not sure if you have seen Pretty Woman (most of us girlies have) but Julia Roberts wore a gorgeous brown dress with cream spots when Richard Gere took her to the races and it's more or less identical! Not sure I would ever get the body of Julia Roberts though :)

Just seen the time, nearly 11am so shake time. Do you have set times that you eat. I have my shake at 11am, soup about 4:30pm and bar at work about 9pm.

Bye for now

Claire x

Clairebear24 said:
Hi Once upon a Time and Perfect Pudding (are you sharing a diary?????)

You both seem to be doing great so well done :) It's good to have a goal date to aim for,I am aiming initially for 10 March when my dad is holding a black tie dinner dance. I have a beautiful new dress to wear however it doesn't fit a the moment so I HAVE to lose enough weight to get into it as I can't afford a new one. Then I'm going to be godmother to my best friends son on 8 April. I bought a gorgeous dress 2 years ago for my cousins wedding (again I couldn't quiet zip it up) and then the wedding was cancelled so it is still sitting unworn in my wardrobe. Not sure if you have seen Pretty Woman (most of us girlies have) but Julia Roberts wore a gorgeous brown dress with cream spots when Richard Gere took her to the races and it's more or less identical! Not sure I would ever get the body of Julia Roberts though :)

Just seen the time, nearly 11am so shake time. Do you have set times that you eat. I have my shake at 11am, soup about 4:30pm and bar at work about 9pm.

Bye for now

Claire x

Ha ha no Claire I've just hijacked Michelle's thread! Lol :-S

hiya.. that's fine, feel free to hijack!
how have you been doing? i have had the most terrrible weekend - diet wise! i went out saturday, thought i'd be able to sit with everyone while they had a meal and drinks and still be good. WRONG! i just lost any care and went for it, and then on sunday i was hungover and so needed 'proper' food.. so, after doing incredibly well last week, my first official weigh in yesterday saw me 6lbs up from where i had got to. ok, it's still 4lbs less than when i started last monday but GGRRRRR! i am so disappointed with myself, and am going to have to just stay in for the forseeable! i am not going to update my ticker as i am going to get that 6lb back off quicker than anything!!
how did your weigh ins go??
xx

Hi ya hunni,

Try not to beat yourself up over it, I don't think I could sit there while everyone else was drinking and eating, that is like torture! I'm dreading social situations like that, I'm trying to avoid them at all costs lol
As you say hunni, you'll have that 6lb back off before you know it!

I'm doing ok thank you hun, still 100%TS I've just done my second weigh in and I've lost another 5lbs, that's 16lbs in two weeks so very happy with that :)

Get back on track hunni, you can do this!! x

Hello, catching up at last.

Once upon a time don't beat yourself up, we have all had slip ups to varying degrees, the important thing is to put them behind you and not dwell on them. You can do this so stay strong and you'll soon lose those extra pounds.

Well done PP 16lbs in 2 weeks is amazing, wish I could lose that much. I did an unofficial WI on Monday after exactly a week and has lost 6.5lbs, not as good as last time I did exante but I have less to lose this time so maybe that's why. Still happy though. On Sunday DH had lost 10lbs but he drank beer and ate party food at our sons birthday party on Sunday and put on 3lbs overnight. Still he was back in it yesterday morning.

Off now, chin up ladies and here's to being skinny :)

Claire x

Back