My Weightloss Diary

Glad you're feeling like it's getting a little easier... I definitely feel it's becoming more achievable each day. Well done for sticking at it and keep that WI in mind. I'm sure you will have another fantastic loss :)
You have the perfect attitude... I have every single faith that come summer both you and I will be skinny and gorgeous :) x

Days 012 I thought yesterday was going to be have been a tough day, but it actually turned out better than expected. Meet my wife and daughter for lunch at one of my favourite restaurants, Wagamama in Belfast. I had the sparkling water and tea, while they tucked in to huge bowls of noddles.

I must adnit the food looked wonderful, but the temptation was not a bad as expected.

Day 013: Off work yesterday, which was ok until my wife cooked the evening meal. I think I know the source of my temptations, it's the smell of food being cooked. It was only pizza, but it smelled gorgeous, mouth was watering, the full monty! But I resisted and I'm still 100%!

Well done david!! That's awesome :) and well done for staying strong, your soon so well :)

Well I say hats off to the lot of you! A TFR VLCD is very very hard to stick to and it is wonderful how you support and encourage each other.

Here's to all slimmers, on all diets/plans, becoming gorgeous by summer!

WOW, Day 18 and still 100%! I’ve actually impressed myself; I didn’t think I could have gone this long without eating something.

I have a short break planned for Easter and I’m talking part in the Belfast Marathon WALK (9 miles) on May 2nd. I have been training for the walk and I simply can not walk that far on the number of calories I’m getting now, so based on a conversation with my pharmacist I’m going to re-feed for around 10 days. I now want to be 100% start to first re-feed!

Yes, first re-feed, I’m not giving up or quitting not when I know the diet work, I’m simply being realistic.

Well done you at least your doing it sensibly. You have a great marathon walk and go back TFR straight after. We all have occassions that we have to do these little breaks for! Ive got a 40th birthday extraveganzza to go to in April with 4 seperate functions. Havent decided what im doung yet wether im gonna just do water or do a refeed. Hmmmm lots of deciding. I think i see how im getting on if im doung ok i might just carry on with TFR. X

Cham Pers, thanks for the comments and the encouragement. I'm trying to be as pragmatic as I can, I know I need the extra calories so that's what I have to do. I'm also trying to think of it as a break, I'll be around Day 40 when I start refeed which is long time to be eating shakes only. I think the important thing is planning your restart.

Weigh-in Day and another 5lbs off! Yeah! :D

Had a great day today, went out for lunch with my wife, her sister and her brother-in-law. I had my usual water and black tea :)

I don't know if it's getting easier to be around people who are eating, but today was ok. It's either getting easier or the buzz of having 5 lbs off!

That's so awesome David well done!!! :D xxx

Moving my post... Hope this works lol x

Last edited:
Hi hun hope you had a lovely day! Look forward to talking to you tmw. Xxxxc

How did I manage to post MY diary in David's???!!! What is wrong with me lol. Gonna try sort it... Hope it can be done on iPhone?? If not sorry!!!! I'll do it tomorrow at my computer. P.s hey Cham :) hope your ok, will be on tomorrow evening :) xxx

Morning ladies, hope you both had a nice weekend! LOL.

I had a good great weekend, I was surprised and relieved at my weigh-in, for some reason I didn’t think I was going to lose anything this week. My wife had been telling me about smokers and the “3-days, 3-weeks, 3-months” rule, which to be honest I poo-poo a little, thinking I’m different I’m dieting. But I have to admit I did find the third week really hard, everything just seamed a little harder.

For a couple of day I desperately wanted something to eat, just to stop that empty inside feeling. I was also convinced I was only going to lose a pound or two, or worse nothing at all. However this week I feel much more positive, hopefully this will last the week.

As for the weekend itself, it was much better. When out for a “meal” and didn’t mind being with others who were eating. I’m not saying I didn’t want something, but it was definitely much easier to handle. I went for a five mile walk on Sunday which was tiring, but not as tiring as it had been. So all-in-all a good week! :)

Corr 5 miles you did well! I just cant go for long walks i get so bored with it! I keep thinking of all the things i should be doing instead! Lol

I know what you mean sometimes i do feel really hungry and try to access why im feeling this? Is it a dry tummy, do i need more water? Is it my emotions? Then i try to work through it and thankfully i do somehow.

Ive really been into cooking since i started LT its like im facing my demons and i was never interested in cooking before, only eating as quick and as much as i could. Truefully i dont think i ever really enjoyed food like i should have it was more to do with satisfying an obsession. Now i relate to the ingredients and the flavours, all the wonderful smells and even got my cook books out for the first time last night for a good read. Im treating the famo to homemade balsamic pork chop with tangerine from my RC cook book! Will let u know how the famo get on with it!:)

Cham Pers, I like a bit of baking myself, but at the moment I don’t trust myself enough. The temptation to taste or to lick the spoon is just too much.

But I understand where the fascination for food is coming from, I thought I would have missed crisp, sweets and chocolate, but what I crave the most is something taste. Real food with real taste, not a quick snack. I’m really hoping this is me starting to look at food differently. I want to cut out the rubbish and be able to enjoy good food.

jeez David a five mile walk?! you're doin fab.... im dyin to get back out and about walkin but have a prob with my foot... altho noticing that the 21lbs off me has had made a difference to the foot pain, so hopin to get out walking soon.... know what you mean about baking... im a real cupcakes fan and make them for the kids... but for the past three weeks i can't bring myself to make them..... cant trust not licking the spoon and sampling the icing and then rewarding myself with the biggest one with a coffee!!!! good luck you're doin fab!

Weigh-in Day and 4lbs off! :D

It's slowing down, but I'll be happy with 4lbs every week. Has a good day, went for a 4 mile walk and wasn't too out of breath.

wow well done hun! thats awesome :) you should list your weigh ins! would be nice to see. no worries if not though!! but awesome about your big loss :D x

Back