My Wise Food Diary plus Photos

You're food diary is looking good K (Especially the pictures) - Love that you've added how much your drinking aswell though i see no plain water just squash :p Good luck for WI on Sunday Xx

Sum said:
You're food diary is looking good K (Especially the pictures) - Love that you've added how much your drinking aswell though i see no plain water just squash :p Good luck for WI on Sunday Xx

Thanks Sum

I rarely drink water - lol. But my squash is very weak - or insipid my DH would say!!
I have been sneaky peaking and I am back to 11st 2. It isn't shifting at all , and I just don't know why- but never mind. I hope it's not the Thorntons!! I wondered if it could be portion size so reduced it yesterday.

Kx
Watching the royal wedding

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wouldn't frett too much K as you know weight fluctuates through out the week and there is nothing wrong with what your eating according to your food diary. You're portions in the pictures look to be a normal decent size to me so i also hope its not the Thorntons because you love them so much - Good Luck for the WI :D X

P.S. I'm watching the royal wedding too - Love her dress! Its beautiful.

P.P.S. Prince william doesn't look that bad either ;) :p

Thanks Sum- but it gets to the point where you question everything you are eating/doing especially when you are being good.
Saying that , next Friday I am out for an Indian. Not sure whether to be good or not?

Thanks Sum- but it gets to the point where you question everything you are eating/doing especially when you are being good.
Saying that , next Friday I am out for an Indian. Not sure whether to be good or not?

Definitely need to be good. The difficulty when the losses aren't showing is that they will eventually if you stick to plan. If you blow it, they won't and even though the gain/consequences of being off plan might not show (because you've been good before that) as much, it will feel like wasted effort.

However, you have to make the right decision for you at the time. I don't know what else you've got on and how special the meal out which might change my advice.

Big hugs K

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Definitely need to be good. The difficulty when the losses aren't showing is that they will eventually if you stick to plan. If you blow it, they won't and even though the gain/consequences of being off plan might not show (because you've been good before that) as much, it will feel like wasted effort.

However, you have to make the right decision for you at the time. I don't know what else you've got on and how special the meal out which might change my advice.

Big hugs K

Gail x

Thanks Gail,
It's just a girls night out where us mums from nursery get together and have a nice evening out.
Any suggestions what I should eat bearing in mind I don't eat chicken or beef lol?

Kx

No chicken and no beef. Eeeeek !

I have my thinking cap on now (and my SW directory out !!)

Gail x

gl12282 said:
No chicken and no beef. Eeeeek !

I have my thinking cap on now (and my SW directory out !!)

Gail x

Prawns and lamb ok. What is a Bhuna like as this is lower in SYNS? Or a biriani??

Never had either - only ever had King Prawn Nuri and kormas or tikka masalas.
I think I made dansak once- lol

Kx

Vegetable biriyani - 11.5 syns per serving. Vegetable curry 9.0 syns, vegetable jalfrezi 7.5 syns. With boiled rice. Chickpea dahl - 5.0 syns per serving. It doesn't give values for lentil dahl, but ? should be similar.

Lots of boiled rice.

If you're trying to stick to plan, may be worth calling the restaurant in advance and asking if they can add less oil/no ghee to any of the dishes. From reading around here, some people have found friendly indian restaurants that do that.

At the end of the day, do what you feel comfortable with. I have been out for plenty of 'off plan' meals where I try to stick to plan as much as possible around the meal but for the actual meal I have the most SW friendly thing of the ones I would have chosen anyway so that I don't feel deprived. And pudding (of course !) :eek:

Gail x

Prawns and lamb ok. What is a Bhuna like as this is lower in SYNS? Or a biriani??

Never had either - only ever had King Prawn Nuri and kormas or tikka masalas.
I think I made dansak once- lol

Kx

Bhuna - very tomatoey and onions - again, possibly easier for them to add a bit less oil if you asked ? Biryani - is rice based. I like biryani's and I suspect that may be one of the dishes that they could make slightly lower in fat (there is oil in the rice dish as well as the curry that goes with it). But is very filling and would be fine.

Dansak nice but be careful - although they are technically low in syns, I have been to places where the dansak was more like a korma (very creamy) so I suspect higher than the SW syn value.

If you know where you are going, you could ring beforehand - then no embarassment if they say no they can't because they don't know who you are, but if they can, all the better :)

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Vegetable biriyani - 11.5 syns per serving. Vegetable curry 9.0 syns, vegetable jalfrezi 7.5 syns. With boiled rice. Chickpea dahl - 5.0 syns per serving. It doesn't give values for lentil dahl, but ? should be similar.

Lots of boiled rice.

If you're trying to stick to plan, may be worth calling the restaurant in advance and asking if they can add less oil/no ghee to any of the dishes. From reading around here, some people have found friendly indian restaurants that do that.

At the end of the day, do what you feel comfortable with. I have been out for plenty of 'off plan' meals where I try to stick to plan as much as possible around the meal but for the actual meal I have the most SW friendly thing of the ones I would have chosen anyway so that I don't feel deprived. And pudding (of course !) :eek:

Gail x

I'm not sure about vegetable dishes- but may opt for king prawn instead- lol.
Don't usually go for pudding, so will be ok there ;)

I love naan and poppadoms and mango chutney- oh well. Will go for Tandoori King Prawn and boiled rice or king Prawn Biriany or Tandoori King Prawn Jalfrezi ( not sure what it is though) or a King Prawn Dansak . havent ever had any though so taking a punt.

Kx

ROYAL WEDDING DAY
RED DAY

Brekkie
28g Shreddies 1 HEB
SS Milk from 1 HEA
Coffee & sweetener and milk from above HEA

Dinner
Toad-in-the-hole using rest of HEXA & SYN free sausages. 5.5 syns, SYN free rich red onion gravy, carrots & cabbage
1/2 pint squash

Snacks
1/2 melon
2 satsumas
1 weightwatcher yog

1/2 pint squash
Coffee , sweetener and milk from 1 HEA

Tea
3 slices Warburtons Brown Danish 1 HEB, bacon (fat cut off) , fried egg, 2 tblsp ketchup 2 SYNS (BACON & EGG
1 pint squash

Attachments

• image-3608394507.jpg
    image-3608394507.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi Kwise,

I've had more thoughts following on from your post ! Although they don't give the syn values, I agree that a King Prawn tandoori (no sauce) would be fairly low syn (or with sauce - I would count the syns as for a chicken tandoori which I presume most of the syn value is for the sauce - 9 syns). If you don't have all the tandoori sauce, you could probably have a popadom and some mango chutney as well :) Jalfrezi is pretty hot so be careful.

Most of all though, enjoy. It's really important :)

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Hi Kwise,

I've had more thoughts following on from your post ! Although they don't give the syn values, I agree that a King Prawn tandoori (no sauce) would be fairly low syn (or with sauce - I would count the syns as for a chicken tandoori which I presume most of the syn value is for the sauce - 9 syns). If you don't have all the tandoori sauce, you could probably have a popadom and some mango chutney as well :) Jalfrezi is pretty hot so be careful.

Most of all though, enjoy. It's really important :)

Gail x

Thanks again Gail- I will avoid Jalfrezi if it's very hot. I might try a dhansak as the chicken one I found was 6.5 syns, so I guess prawns are the same or similar. Then I can have a Poppadom (4 SYNS) & mango chutney (1 tblsp = 2 SYNS) and boiled rice.
Mmmmm I am now salivating . The company is more important than the food - lol

Here is the menu

http://www.muhinurtandoorihouse.co.uk/Takeaway_Menu.pdf

Kx

Agree with the dansak or I suspect any of the sizzling dishes would be low syn (because they will be relatively dry). As I said, try asking them in advance if they can use less oil on anything.

Definitely do something where you can have a poppadom because then you will feel less deprived. If necessary, up your syns allowance a little - then you can still enjoy but keep in control. That's what flexi synning is all about.

Yum yum :)

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Agree with the dansak or I suspect any of the sizzling dishes would be low syn (because they will be relatively dry). As I said, try asking them in advance if they can use less oil on anything.

Definitely do something where you can have a poppadom because then you will feel less deprived. If necessary, up your syns allowance a little - then you can still enjoy but keep in control. That's what flexi synning is all about.

Yum yum :)

Gail x

Is flexi syncing where I should have fewer SYNS in the week and save them til Friday? If that's the case I'll have 2 poppadoms lol

Kx

No, flexi synning is for special occasions. You eat normally until the day out. You think about what you are going to have realistically on the night (eg if you are going to have 10 vodka's, don't say that you will have 2, say that you will have 10) and count EVERYTHING. Add that up - it may come to 20, it may come to 70. Depends on the occasion etc. Then on the day, you don't have any syns and preferably no HEx's (I think). Then when you go out, start counting down from whatever number you got to. When you get to the bottom you stop. Then the next day, go back to the usual plan. You won't necessarily lose that week but at least you stay in control.

The alternative is to do something in between - so count up what you think you'll have, then try and keep your syns a bit lower during the week to compensate (ie use your syns weekly). That works really well if you can manage the lower syn days around it - if not, flexi syn.

Do whichever works best. For me, the MOST important thing is that I stay on plan. So if the meal out isn't that special, I try to stick to plan. If it will only be a bit over, I try to compensate on the other days, but if it's a really nice meal then I just flexi syn and carry on as usual afterwards. It's worked for me so far.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gail x

I think I will try and do weekly SYNS - so use fewer in the week to allow me to have more on Friday. This used to be called flexi synning - but I've been away from class a long time.
So in a week I am allowed about 70 syns?
So I will deduct from this? But continue with HEXs ?
Will start after weigh in

In the meantime I had a delicious bacon and egg sarnie which I wanted to share.

Attachments

• image-3600345613.jpg
    image-3600345613.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 69
Start with 70-105 syns (ie 10-15 per day) and then work down from there. If you are using your syns weekly, just have your Hex's as per usual each day.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Start with 70-105 syns (ie 10-15 per day) and then work down from there. If you are using your syns weekly, just have your Hex's as per usual each day.

Gail x

Thanks Gail
Does it start on Sunday (WI) or Monday?

Kx

Back