My Workout Routine

biggirl86

Postaholic/lurker!
Okay,

I've bought myself some new workout gear including new trainers, a gym bag, armband for my iPod Touch. I'm ready for when my gym opens on the 23rd! They are having visiting and inductions next week so I might book myself in.

Anyway, here's my workout plan. I will probably do seperate days either doing cardio or strength. I want to do both because I want to lose weight and tone at the same time.

Cardio

20 mins interval training on treadmill(1 min fast pace, 1 min jogging pace)
15 mins cross trainer
10 mins rowing machine

15 mins upright cycle
10 mins cross trainer

15 mins rowing machine
10 mins upright cycle

Strength

3 sets of 15 reps on leg press
3 sets of 15 reps leg curl
3 sets of 15 reps leg extensions
3 sets of 15 chest press
3 sets of 15 seated row machine
3 sets of 15 tricep extensions
3 sets of 15 bicep curls
3 sets of 15 abdominal crunches (machine)
3 sets of 15 back extensions

Both Cardio and Strength will take 45 minutes which I think is plenty for me.
I'm going to go at it quite hard to start off with. As the gym is pretty much on my way home from work, I will go straight from work Monday to Friday. Hopefully, I will begin to enjoy it enough to do longer sessions on the weekends. This is a 24 hour gym so there is no problem with times!

To begin, I plan on doing 3 days of cardio and 2 of strength.
It will go like this -
Mon - Cardio 1
Tue - Strength
Wed - Cardio 2
Thur - Strength
Fri - Cardio 3

That's my routine! It's pretty heavy to start (well I think so) because I need to start strong.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this better, please let me know!

It sounds good:)

Did make it by yourself or is it inspired on some workout program?

xx

I know about sparkpeople site too, they have usefull articles and tiny workouts (~10 min) wich are great to do at home:)

xx

sounds like a great workout to me! let us know how it goes on!

Okay,

I've bought myself some new workout gear including new trainers, a gym bag, armband for my iPod Touch. I'm ready for when my gym opens on the 23rd! They are having visiting and inductions next week so I might book myself in.

Anyway, here's my workout plan. I will probably do seperate days either doing cardio or strength. I want to do both because I want to lose weight and tone at the same time.

Cardio

15 mins cross trainer
10 mins rowing machine

15 mins upright cycle
10 mins cross trainer

15 mins rowing machine
10 mins upright cycle

Strength

3 sets of 15 reps on leg press
3 sets of 15 reps leg curl
3 sets of 15 reps leg extensions
3 sets of 15 chest press
3 sets of 15 seated row machine
3 sets of 15 tricep extensions
3 sets of 15 bicep curls
3 sets of 15 abdominal crunches (machine)
3 sets of 15 back extensions

Both Cardio and Strength will take 45 minutes which I think is plenty for me.
I'm going to go at it quite hard to start off with. As the gym is pretty much on my way home from work, I will go straight from work Monday to Friday. Hopefully, I will begin to enjoy it enough to do longer sessions on the weekends. This is a 24 hour gym so there is no problem with times!

To begin, I plan on doing 3 days of cardio and 2 of strength.
It will go like this -
Mon - Cardio 1
Tue - Strength
Wed - Cardio 2
Thur - Strength
Fri - Cardio 3

That's my routine! It's pretty heavy to start (well I think so) because I need to start strong.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this better, please let me know!

i think you have an interesting plan but i would say that 30 mins cardio and 15 mins strength each time you go would be better. focus on one area of your body rather than all each session. you can always do 12 reps with a slightly higher weight too if you've not got the time. work your arms one session, legs the next for example. i wouldn't work your whole body every other day.

here's an interesting article. Full body workout routine for women

"I don’t recommend doing full body workout routine for a long time, however there are times when we are busy and it is better to workout regularly than to not workout.

I remember when I worked 12 hours per day, I workout every possible day doing 1 exercise for every big muscle group in the body."

great! PT's are good. if they're super at their job they give some amazing advice. our PT's at the gym are really expensive like £30 an hour. ouch!

Back