my xenical journey , 4 weeks in

i know where i want to be , the thing is i didn't appreciate it when i was there last time
I could've written this myself! I got to my lowest weight a couple of years ago, and although I knew that my clothes sizes were getting smaller, I really didn't grasp how much I, or my body had changed, and how much more comfortable I was in my own skin.
Unfortunately when I hit that lowest weight, I started to re-gain it straight away so I never appreciated life as a size 16! (I wanted to be a 14 ideally).
Anyway, I'm really pleased that you've been to the doctor and that they've taken the time to talk to you, and treat you as as a complete person, rather than focussing on one specific health issue.
As you know, it's so important to feel healthy, positive and focussed to be able to embark on any kind of weight-loss journey, so hopefully the new medication will help with that, and you'll be feeling great in no time.
xx

thanks Alex , i have put this pic here as a constant reminder of where i am aiming

i have had a bit of a hermit day today ...
my cousin & i are joining a local book club tommorrow evening so i have been busy reading , i only recieved the book about 8pm last night , but i have finnished it , phew !
todays diet has been
B'fast ,bagel with mashed banana on
Lunch , chicken salad wrap , yogurt
Dinner , 1/2 asda good for you lasagne & oven chips ( Mc cains are <5% fat)
snacks , snack a jack , crispy slices
so all pretty good , lesson learnt ? don't have that lasagne again , watery & tasteless !!!

lol at the lasagne, but you don't know until you try it.

well done on the book reading x x

food sounds lovely too x

i shall have to try that then Kelly . isn't it great we do our own food critiques on here for each other

well tommorow is my 1st weigh in day , & given the way i have been running to the loo since starting my BP meds ( thats wee's btw) i am hoping for a good result .
food wise i am doing ok & enjoying most of what i am having
like all things it takes time & planning to get right , but as i have not been tangoed then i must be doing ok .
its been lovely & quiet here this week with no DD1 to wind up things , although i have missed her , i think 1 at a time is easier with my 2 lol, peace will be shattered come thurs eve .
can't have it good for too long now can i !!

morning peeps :D
am really pleased to say i have lost 4lbs this week , some of that is obviously from starting the bp meds & peeing for england lol , but evenso i am chuffed

Hi Pandora,
Would be interested to know how you got on with the salmon last week did it have a bad effect?, I have not dared to try any yet! lol

Last edited:
Hi Pandora,
Would be interested to know how you got on with the salmon last week did it have a bad effect?, I have not dared to try any yet! lol
hi
i was fine with it , which is a relief . i have to say i have toyed with the idea of testing the tabs , check they really work for me , not had the courage to do so yet though lol

well i have taken a bit of a risk tonight
DD1 is back from her hols & yest eve she txt me & asked if we could have her favourite dinner & could the family she had gone away with have dinner with us .
of course i said yes , the thing is her favourite dinner is something called Balsamic glazed chicken , u marinade the chicken in equal measures of balsamin vinegar , honey , wholegrain mustard & olive oil , then cook it , & mix with cooked pasta , it is yummy .
the thing is per portion the meal is 10g fat , but obv the olive oil is well over 5% fat :eek: oh well time will tell
its really nice to have her home , plus her sister is at a sleep over so we are just having a nice mum daughter eve , shes just gone for her 2st bath in 2 weeks , bless

Back