My yo yo life

Have a bad back since Monday so no exercise this week. I had started doing the Leslie walk but I will wait for now. Also started with a cold, that's two this year and I never normally get a cold really.

I gave up sweets, chocolate and crisps for lent and to be honest it hasn't bothered me during the week, just the weekend as that's when I always had them. But today I could kill for a fruit pastille. My daughter has given up the same as me and for a 9 year old that's tough. My son (almost 12) gave up chocolate and crisps. So at the weekend when he has sweets I just sit there and have a sniff lol.

Back to basics for me.

Well done on giving up the sweets - it does make a difference to how you feel I think.. and welcome back ! Don't hide we are all here (waiting) to be talked to :)

Last edited:
I think I could live without chocolate and crisps but not my sweets.

Been baking today - I must like to torture myself. Made melting moments and key lime cake with lime cream cheese frosting mmmm had a little taste was sooooo good. Why do I do this? ?? Every Friday I bake and try my best to resist it all over the weekend.

I don't eat many sweets - chocolate is my downfall - but have discovered some Tamarind flavoured ones here and they are so moorish I bought a packet the other day - big mistake. Thinking well they are only 35 cals for 3 (they are like Worthers but quite small) I started putting some in my pockets when we go out walking but going to stop that now, have locked them in the suitcase. :)

My fitness teacher at home has been making cakes etc for her kids school fund and posts pictures of them on facebook each day - she had made Welsh cakes, cupcakes and Lemon drizzle this weekend and I don't know how she resists them they look so good. Good job I am not there or would be buying them. She makes the best Rocky Roads I have tasted, she occasionally brings us small tasters to class when she is trying out a new recipe.

Have a good week this week.

I love werthers originals. Not had them for ages. Might have to get a small pack once lent is over. A couple in the evening would be nice.

My wii game arrived today. My fitness coach cardio. I did have it already but it got ruined thanks to my lovely children. I had great results from it last time I was using it so hoping for the same this time, it's boxing which I absolutely love. Done half an hour already this morning. But with it being a fast day I could end up doing more if I start feeling peckish.

So far I have had a salted caramel green tea, juice with water and now have a mango and cinnamon tea. Going to try and last until about four or half past, then I will have some soup.

I love werthers originals. Not had them for ages. Might have to get a small pack once lent is over. A couple in the evening would be nice.

My wii game arrived today. My fitness coach cardio. I did have it already but it got ruined thanks to my lovely children. I had great results from it last time I was using it so hoping for the same this time, it's boxing which I absolutely love. Done half an hour already this morning. But with it being a fast day I could end up doing more if I start feeling peckish.

So far I have had a salted caramel green tea, juice with water and now have a mango and cinnamon tea. Going to try and last until about four or half past, then I will have some soup.

Rather you than me - quite honestly could not cope with that - would have to eat something, a big salad would be great as it is my staple food, really don't go one day without one..

I honestly never thought I would be able to do something like this but thankfully it's working well for me.

I do enjoy a salad too, having one for lunch tomorrow. Sundried tomato and mozzarella mmmm. I don't have it every day but in the summer if it's warm I will. Xx

Fast done :)

Lunch at quarter past four was tomato and basil soup. Tea was courgetti, carrotetti and turkey mince in sweet chilli sauce and stuffed mushrooms. I have a snack a jack set aside for later with a laughing cow triangle if I need it. Shower and an early night I think.

Attachments

• 1426532570192.jpg
    1426532570192.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 1426532609595.jpg
    1426532609595.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 47
Nice relaxing day today, St Patricks day so hubby and kids all off. Really haven't moved off the couch much at all - naughty naughty. Have a stew made for Liam and Mathew. So easy meals tonight.

Breakfast was 2 sesame seed sandwich thins with cashew butter and banana. 2 weetabix with unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch was mozzarella and sun dried tomato salad with ham and a sandwich thin.

Tea will be tesco finest chicken and leek in a white wine sauce with mushrooms stuffed with goats cheese.

Snacks if needed are

A mini tub of protein banoffee ice cream,
Salt and vinegar oddities
2 salt and vinegar snack a jacks with laughing cow cheese
Tesco mini cheese stick
A bag of sweet and salty popcorn

You know I love my snacks.

Will be just over 2200 calories. But no exercise as yet , still have time though.

Hi Katie thanks for calling in :) 2nd fast of the week and all good so far. Did an hour of exercise this morning on the wii (boxing ) . Face looked like a big sweaty lobster when I was done. I will get a good loss this week :) feeling determined.
Hope today's fast goes well chick and well done getting the exercise done ;-) Xxx

Back